DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Make sure to listen to conversation on the HELMĀ 

The shit that I have been waiting for like a year to hit the fan finally did

• Like 1

I was wondering when you were going to listen that. I heard it last night. It went about how I expected it to go. Curious if she is a little pissed at the Vanguard for never telling her.

Yeah, I guess it doesn't show up until after you complete the Sever mission which I only got to last night

I haven't had a ton of time to play the last few days - I really need to do some of the playlist stuff so I can get myself some stuff that increases my LL

Which I do appreciate that Bungie put in the mechanic that everyone's LL goes to 1570 when entering the Leviathan so folks can do activities right away

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Which I do appreciate that Bungie put in the mechanic that everyone's LL goes to 1570 when entering the Leviathan so folks can do activities right away

Thought this was an interesting change. Kind of funny that they did the opposite where they force LLs down for hard content. I assume they wanted things to be a pinch challenging along with giving new players a shot.

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I haven't had a ton of time to play the last few days - I really need to do some of the playlist stuff so I can get myself some stuff that increases my LL

i assume things are better in the day, but its been surprisingly quiet the past two nights on Bungie's Fireteams site. Its annoying having so few choices when trying to do the harder content for better pinnacles.Ā 

The weekly switch for pinnacles for old raids & dungeons has me wanting try Last Wish. Maybe I can find people already at Riven. Would be nice to finally get the Great Hunt armor and spoils for some of the exotics currently outside my grasp.

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

i assume things are better in the day, but its been surprisingly quiet the past two nights on Bungie's Fireteams site. Its annoying having so few choices when trying to do the harder content for better pinnacles.Ā 

I don't know if this is related or not but Bungie announced that had to put a tweak in because folks in Fireteams were causing issues in several parts of the game

Ā 

Just saw a vid of Golden Gun being used in Crucible. That...is very broken. Wonder how long it will take them to nerf that. Its the first time in years Hunters have had something so broken. Even those new exotic arms from last season weren't that bad.

Edited by Eivion

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Just saw a vid of Golden Gun being used in Crucible. That...is very broken. Wonder how long it will take them to nerf that. Its the first time in years Hunters have had something so broken. Even those new exotic arms from last season weren't that bad.

If you keep looking you will see many many videos from folks showing that Blade Barrage is the strongest super in the game now (obviously using the correct aspects which, I am assuming, is the same reason Golden Gun is up there too)

BTW - just to follow up on the Bobblehead talk.

There are a total of 4 available in the first week and that includes the one you can only get during Sever

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you keep looking you will see many many videos from folks showing that Blade Barrage is the strongest super in the game now (obviously using the correct aspects which, I am assuming, is the same reason Golden Gun is up there too)

Golden Gun is Aspect based. Blade Barrage is more about Star Eater Scales.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - just to follow up on the Bobblehead talk.

There are a total of 4 available in the first week and that includes the one you can only get during Sever

Well damn, thought it was just two. Was already a little annoyed I was going to have to do Sever again.

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Well damn, thought it was just two. Was already a little annoyed I was going to have to do Sever again.

Yeah - its 2 out in the wild (One in Pleasure Gardens, one in the Pools)

1 is that one we talked about that is locked behind a door that is RNG based (I got it after my 2nd clear last night)

And then the last is the Sever one

Doing the little bit of a dungeon I did and seeing Aztec's walkthrough as me kind of annoyed and worried as its definitely the most raid-esque dungeon they have done so far with so many mechanics involved. As someone without a mic it would be annoying to basically be cut off because Bungie wants to keep pushing so much mechanic heavy shit for difficulty.

Yeah Bungie can fuck themselves for this dungeon. Far too many puzzle mechanics along with some bullshit platforming that pretty much leaves you fucked if you're a Hunter. I legit couldn't leave the part I was at just now because there was no spot I could get to even with Stomp-EE5. Annoying enough they make a place where you practically need a mic. This shit needs to be left in raids, and the platforming shit just needs to fucking stop unless the make a change for Hunters.

Man - no one is playing as Warlock this season. I have seen a bunch of folks who I know where Warlock mains last season switch to Hunter this season for Solar 3.0

I was doing Crucible bounties last night and it took me forever to get Warlock kills because for multiple matches, ironically, I was the only Warlock

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Man - no one is playing as Warlock this season. I have seen a bunch of folks who I know where Warlock mains last season switch to Hunter this season for Solar 3.0

I was doing Crucible bounties last night and it took me forever to get Warlock kills because for multiple matches, ironically, I was the only Warlock

Interesting, must be a PvP thing because I see tons of Warlocks out in the wild.Ā 

I haven't been seeing anyone out in the wild as any time I drop to a random place to quickly finish off some bounties - no one is there.

I spent 20 minutes in the Throne World and no one else was dropped in (same happened in the EDZ but I was literally there for 90 seconds as I needed 2 shotgun kills to finish a Deepsight). I mean I can understand the EDZ or Nessus but the Throne World being empty is weird.

I have also had plenty of times were I am getting dropped into the Tower and its like I Am Legend (fortunately I am having no issues with the matchmade stuff)

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is weird. I've seen plenty on Leviathan and at the Tower. The few Nightfalls and LFG activities I did also had me working with Warlocks

It was better a little while ago (I should note Leviathan is the one place I am always seeing people out in the public space)

Granted - I also keep having the issue, which I think might be exclusive to XBOX, where you load into the Tower but your screen stays black. I have to then fast travel to over by the Drifter to actually load in. Usually when that issue pops up it means none of the vendors are going to visually load.

I think my Warlock is technically a higher LL than my Titan right now as my Titan RNG sucked as at one point I got 4 straight helmet Power/Pinnacle drops thus completely stalling my progress.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Granted - I also keep having the issue, which I think might be exclusive to XBOX, where you load into the Tower but your screen stays black. I have to then fast travel to over by the Drifter to actually load in. Usually when that issue pops up it means none of the vendors are going to visually load.

Not just an XBOX issue. That has been happening to me 50% of the time I load into the Tower this past week. I'm lucky I was able to load in fine just now.

Finished the first encounter for the Duality Dungeon. I'm less annoyed now though the platforming is still annoying as shit. There is definitely a point or two where Stomp-EE5 are damn near necessary.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:59 AM, RIPPA said:

Just got the Johtun catalyst

Time to infuriate people in Crucible.

I used Jotunn with Catalyst while I was chasing down the Komodo FR.Ā  I got so many hate PMs.Ā 

7 hours ago, Eivion said:

Finished the first encounter for the Duality Dungeon. I'm less annoyed now though the platforming is still annoying as shit. There is definitely a point or two where Stomp-EE5 are damn near necessary.

This does not inspire my return.Ā  I am a shitty enough platformer as it is.Ā  Ā I don't need dungeons where jump assistance is required.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I used Jotunn with Catalyst while I was chasing down the Komodo FR.Ā  I got so many hate PMs.Ā 

Memory is a little off. Jotunn only got its catalyst this season.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

This does not inspire my return.Ā  I am a shitty enough platformer as it is.Ā  Ā I don't need dungeons where jump assistance is required.

Its not per say. It just makes things easier. There is one spot however where whatever dev thought that up can kindly go fuck themselves. Its one far stretch away and hard as shit to get if you aren't a Warlock. How the fuck I made without Stomp-EE5 I'm not entirely sure though having a 100 mobility probably helped.

Edited by Eivion

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Memory is a little off. Jotunn only got its catalyst this season.

Correct but JT's memory being off is also not surprising

• Haha 1