DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Realized this morning that I have never done a Heroic Patrol

Now the small caveat that I might have done one on Europa and I just don't remember but since the Triumph is for doing them as part of a fireteam - my counter is still at zero.

I have still yet to see one on the Throne World

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Finally got a couple of Tarnations to drop

Still no pattern though

I will never complete this quest

I suggest running master Wellspring. It pretty much guarantees a weapon drop so you have some increased chances for a pattern. It also gives you decent shots at Ascendant Alloy. I only just finished it yesterday.

Ugh... then I have to deal with people

IB hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was happy that Glaive kills only took me three matches to get through (since I would rather do that than sniper)

Very interesting to learn that the Hive have their own version of a police force

Iron Banner has to be the only activity where I can be successful and yet still pissed off at the same time. Just way too many hits that don't register when they damn well should. They also continue to make the super kill count for the quest too high for Hunters. Warlocks and Titans can knock that shit out in 1-3 matches. It takes annoyingly long with Hunters since our supers aren't as geared for PvP. At least it was the final part of the quest. Kind of shocked at how easily the glaive kills came. 

My only complaint with IB (and PvP in general) remains the hideousness of the spawns

I am getting real tired of dying and the game spawning directly in the path of the roaming super that just killed me.

Or like yesterday where before I could even move - I was hit with a Gally rocket

In the new TWAB - they put a calendar out

We have some Iron Banner dates to share, raid challenges to complete, and Guardian Games coming towards the end of the Season. As a quick note, dates are subject to change. We’re also planning a few Gambit Labs weeks to sprinkle in, but want to let the dust settle from balance changes introduced at launch and a few tuning changes/bug fixes that are coming online. 

March 15 (This Week!): Iron Banner and a New PsiOps Battlegrounds Location 
March 22: Legend PsiOps Battlegrounds, Vow of the Disciple Challenges 
April 1: Trials Labs - Zone Capture 
April 5: Grandmaster Nightfalls 
April 8: Trials Labs - Freelance 
April 12: Iron Banner 
April 19: Vow of the Disciple Master Difficulty 
April 22: Trials Labs – Zone Capture 
May 3 – May 24: Guardian Games 
May 6: Trials Labs – Freelance, Community voted map 
May 10: Iron Banner 
May 20: Trials Labs – Freelance and Zone Capture 

And they have already back tracked on Weapon Crafting

They are raising all the caps from 250 - 1000 (neutral is being raised to 10K) - this happens it the Hotfix coming next Tuesday

And then next season - they are removing all elements except Neutral

(There is a long explanation in the TWAB but basically when they added Ascendant Alloys later in development it made the various elements redundant)

• Thanks 1

That is good to hear. The caps were just way too low for the amount of deepsight weapons that drop. Didn't even think about how little sense they made with Ascendant Allow around. Things make a bit more sense now.

Finishing that final IB bounty for ability kills was pain, and I despise its designer. At least the pinnacle was 1559 so I'm a bit closer to the cap.

Crafted the kinetic bow from Throneworld. It kind of sucks with nearly no damage perks and shit like Stats for All and One for All which makes no damn sense for a bow unless your damn name is Legolas. The one damage perk is one bows can't really make use of. Honestly, it doesn't really feels like whoever decided the perks gave no real thought about it at all before tossing it out there.

Edited by Eivion

Under Your Skin (I think that's the name of the bow) is the one I just crafted a day or two ago because I swear every time it dropped, it had Deepsight on it

And yeah - I don't touch bows anymore unless I have a bounty for it.

I finished the IB quest and 3 of the 4 bounties. I just need to play a little bit today to finish the 4th.

I have been lucky in that I have only a couple of matches mercy'ed. Going the full length is so much better for finishing these things off.

The game seems to have  screwed me out of my weekly pinnacle for Nightfalls. Kind of annoyed. Checked my menu and postmaster with nothing there save a powerful drop I was also supposed to get. I'd be less annoyed if that one at least went to one of the areas I needed an up in.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Under Your Skin (I think that's the name of the bow) is the one I just crafted a day or two ago because I swear every time it dropped, it had Deepsight on it

Kind of hate you just a pinch right now as I haven't had a drop of that as Deepsight at all. I love bows for PvE. Was looking forward to that on since I could use enhanced Dragonfly, but it appears I'll have to take the slow route to it.

UYS, Piece of Mind and Thoughtless are the only things I routinely get Deepsight on

I have only gotten one Come to Pass to drop and two Tarnations. 

I am gonna be waiting for them to increase the drop rate to finish this research quest off

Folks are speculating that it is just Youtube's automated copyright system went rogue but even then something would have had to trigger it

Aztec's TWAB video got him his 2nd strike so he is technically banned from posting for 2 weeks unless it gets all sorted out

I spent yesterday closing Darkness rifts but I can't get the glitched one to trigger and it is pissing me off.

I am holding out hope that it might be patched in tomorrow's hot fix

Mercules announced that he has been hired by Bungie as Associate Weapons Designer (which is quite fitting*)

Today's Destiny Massive Breakdown podcast will be the last one with him as host

*Fallout shared that when he first met Mercules at a Guardian Con, Mercules had a "custom-printed & laminated binder with weapon stats"

Heads up that one of the moths this week is at the end of an Altar of Reflection (or you can do The Mirror mission and its at the end there too)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Im assuming that’s via the legendary Psiops - who knows when I will get to that.

Stupid no matchmaking 

Nope. Its a new Helm message that also completes the triumph for Helm messages. That said the new dialogue in PsiOps is nice.

Edit: Yeah I dislike that they for some reason left out that there is no matchmaking on screen. Unless I got bug or something which is not impossible with this game. I just completed one via Bungie's LFG. It is not easy. Somehow the enemies are even more aggressive which feels weird considering they were already pretty damn aggressive in the normal variant.

Edited by Eivion