DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Funnily - we have hit the part in the season where I am trying to wean myself off playing every day so I can also play something else.

That being said - there is a BUNCH I still need to do because I haven't found the time to LFG

Speaking of which - I did my first attempt at soloing Vox Obscura and managed to get to the halfway checkpoint on only my second try.

Ended up not having a ton of time to play so I couldn't completed it but I figure I should be able to do it this weekend when I can dedicate a longer sitting to try again

In today's TWAB - they announced they are doing away with the Unbroken Title... mainly because of how long it took (nothing else required a three season commitment)

So if you still want the title, this season is the last one you can start for it.

It will be replaced by a "different but challenging Crucible title"

They are also going to be introducing an Iron Banner Title but no info about that one yet

I don't know know if it is an issue specific to just Scorn or more, like you said, inconsistent with activities

Like in last week's Nightfall - even on just Hero, you could get two shot by shanks. And not to mention that enemies are still way beefier and hit harder in Gambit than elsewhere

I mean in Master and Grandmaster - folks have been getting one shot by snipers forever whether or not they were Scorn (and sniper resist may or may not help)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know know if it is an issue specific to just Scorn or more, like you said, inconsistent with activities

Like in last week's Nightfall - even on just Hero, you could get two shot by shanks. And not to mention that enemies are still way beefier and hit harder in Gambit than elsewhere

I mean in Master and Grandmaster - folks have been getting one shot by snipers forever whether or not they were Scorn (and sniper resist may or may not help)

You make a good point. The only shanks that are supposed to do that type of damage are the special ones, and I was definitely having to hide from the normal ones even in Hero. I haven't noticed the toughness of enemies in Gambit, but that is because glaives are strong there, suppression or not. I was tearing through enemies even faster than when we have anti-barrier auto-rifles/SMGs.

I just think the damage issue is most prominent with Scorn right now. You used to have to only worry about captains and above. Now everything can murder you so damn easily.

I am addicted to watching folks Lightblade GM Nightfalls

The agility they gave Alak-Hul makes him a terror straight out of a Horror Film

EDIT - like that above video on crack

I have noticed these large bosses are moving way the hell faster in high level content. It is annoying and frightening.

Also apparently some of the normal enemies are legit teleporting. The thralls in this week's GM are semi-invisible. I'm pretty sure these are bugs, but damn is it frightening. Not sure if I should even both trying this week's GM. Now I know why I kept seeing LFGs for Amr's Dealer and other easier GMs. I actually got far in the Scarlet Keep only to be one shot randomly in the elevator twice.

Estoterickkk posted a quick clip a day or two ago with a couple of clips from when he was trying to solo strikes and he highlighted a couple of times where his radar showed no one behind him and then someone just materialized behind him

I can dig that.  Increase difficulty by improving pathing and enemy movement that forces players to make snap decisions.  Bullet sponge enemies are boring.

Enemies that did not normally teleport being able to teleport is bullshit, though.

Titans have a reason to start wearing those Actium War Rigs again.

Edited by J.T.

ELI1TEDEATH getting tilted by Hunter players will never get old, especially since he is a piece of shit Dallas Cowboys fan.  Sorry, Dean.

HUNTER MASTER RACE~!

Edited by J.T.

This guy almost makes me want to reinstall.  I was pretty good at tilting Titans with my Hunter before Bungie ruined PvP.

Apparently he is also shit against Warlocks, but who isn't?

Edited by J.T.

BTW - JT - I was reminded of this when watching a recent video

When was the last time you played - and do you do the necessary steps to make sure you old account info wasn't deleted? (I really need to find the exact specifics)

Because there was definitely a cutoff of like Dec 2020 or otherwise folks needed to start a new

I figured if you couldn't have your old stuff that would be the final nail in the coffin

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - JT - I was reminded of this when watching a recent video

When was the last time you played - and do you do the necessary steps to make sure you old account info wasn't deleted? (I really need to find the exact specifics)

Because there was definitely a cutoff of like Dec 2020 or otherwise folks needed to start a new

I figured if you couldn't have your old stuff that would be the final nail in the coffin

I quit in mid 2020 but every time I log into Bungie.net and pull up my old data, I can still see my old load-out and player stats.  I'm hoping that means he hasn't been deleted, but I may have to re-install one day soon to make sure. 

And yeah, if my old Hunter data has been wiped, I'm definitely done for good.

Edited by J.T.

17 hours ago, J.T. said:

This guy almost makes me want to reinstall.  I was pretty good at tilting Titans with my Hunter before Bungie ruined PvP.

Apparently he is also shit against Warlocks, but who isn't?

Are his vids purely about his temper tantrums from losing? The crying from one was just a bit much. This feels like someone who needs to step away for awhile if not completely.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Are his vids purely about his temper tantrums from losing? The crying from one was just a bit much. This feels like someone who needs to step away for awhile if not completely.

He is not an entirely horrible player, but he does tend to make really bad decisions at the worst times.  He has a disturbing habit of breaking away from his team and putting himself in nigh unwinnable situations. 

I'm not even sure if he checks his motion tracker when he challenges.  He goes storming into what he thinks are 1v1s that turn out to be an entire team.

His retreat skills also suck.  I should know because I was really good at running away.... er.... tactically egressing.

It's almost as if he thinks he's playing CoD or Halo multiplayer, but he's not.  One thing I learned over the years is that Destiny 2 PvP is an entirely different animal that other competitive multiplayer games.  You don't have to worry about builds or meta when you are playing Halo or some other PvP FPS. 

Destiny 2 imposes a lot of things on you like load-out and powers build when you are thinking about PvP vs PvE.  Tactics alone will not help.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Just to quickly follow up - JT you should be fine if you return

The issue was PC only - because when Bungie split from Activision - folks had to move their shit from Battle.net to Steam by Dec 2020 or it would be lost (since Destiny wouldn't be on Battle.net anymore)

Side note - it is amazing to me how many people were enraged because BUNGIE DIDN'T TELL ME!!! (They send out multiple emails) I NEVER CHECK MY EMAIL!!! (And made posts everyone) I AM TOO BUSY!!!!

(And ignoring the whole not being a part of the same company thing also)

• Like 1

I found Castle's video on peeking skills.  The vid that changed my life.

Now you know why people screaming about SBMM only understand half of the problem with the Crucible. 

You can also go back and look at Many Deaths of El1teDeath and see the Peaker's Advantage at its ugliest..   From El1te's perspective, he never sees the bullets coming, but the other guy probably has him in his iron sights the entire time. 

It is not coincidence that El1te gets smoked when he peeks.  Look at how closely he hugs the walls when he turns corners.  He is literally blinding himself and ruining his camera perspective.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

PattyCakes, homie of D2 PvP god CammyCakes, does Castle for Dummies.   Here are his vids on Angle Management, HUD awareness, and Movement in PvP.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

When PvP guys talk about "playing with intent," that is code for "have fun."   It's not that serious.

If you enjoy playing PvP, you will naturally make the mental leaps and equipment tweaks you need to improve because you want to get better.  You won't view it as "work" and you won't stress out.  You will be a sweat without realizing that you are a sweat.

If you hate PvP, you won't care about your play and you will continue to get owned and rage about how PvP sucks and that the sweats have ruined your life.

Improving skill only goes so far in this game though.  Destiny imposes a lot of meta on you.  Do your causal research and learn the builds that will improve your survival rate in 1v1s.  Everything else will fall into place as you iron out your playstyle.  

Also, accept the algorithm.  50 / 50 booking is baked into the game.  For every match you win, you will be put in a situation that almost guarantees a loss regardless of if you are playing freelance or with a team.  I am reminded of Datto going on a roll in Trials winning four straight and then he fucking pulls CammyCakes, PattyCakes, and FrostBolt for his Flawless match.  That's not bad luck; that is the game working as designed.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am reminded of Datto going on a roll in Trials winning four straight and then he fucking pulls CammyCakes, PattyCakes, and FrostBolt for his Flawless match.  That's not bad luck; that is the game working as designed.

Well yes and no

The reason I say that is because I am pretty sure that happened because of the Flawless pool (which they have since brought back).

This is why if you look at that LFG groups now it is always MUST NOT HAVE GONE FLAWLESS. A) Because people trying for their first, want to stay out of it and B) players are trying to tank their squad to stay out of it

Plus - some weekend's (like this past weekend) have Trials Freelance - so you only play against Solos. If you are pulling high quality stacked teams on those weekends, you have no one but yourself to blame.