DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Shadow said:

I was very excited to beat the legendary campaign only to see my exotic reward have stats in the 40s. I hope it's just a bug. On the other hand the campaign was a fucking banger. This was way better than the other three. The implications of what we found out is...troubling.

Honest the low stat gear might be intentional- everything is dropping really shit stats. Even what Xur is selling is in the 40s

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Oh, I knew they had Ghosts, but holy fuck, man.  Enemies with supers and suppressors?  That's ridiculous.  

Or maybe not if you can use Stasis to smersh their Supers like you can to poor players in PvP.  I'm wagering that's not the case and the devs really want you to put Void 3.0 through its paces in order to beat the new Super Hive.

I'm kinda disappointed.  I'd have thought that the Hive would have Light powers that resembled Hive magic.  I'm not really impressed by them having the same Light powers as Guardians do.

Stasis is mostly balanced now in PvP. We also have never been able to freeze bosses which is what all of Hive lightbearers are so Stasis would be semi useless outside of slowing them down maybe somewhat. Those bastards (knights and acolytes) seem to move faster than regular hive so all stasis might do is make them move normally.

Hive magic is Darkness based so it actually wouldn't have made sense. Besides even Ghaul was mostly using solar based power when he stole the light. The Hive lightbearers' powers are both similar and different enough that they work well.

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honest the low stat gear might be intentional- everything is dropping really shit stats. Even what Xur is selling is in the 40s

Want to say the campaign exotic gear is usually low stat. I recall something similar with the Assassin's Cowl when I got it at the end of a campaign. Its likely more about putting it in the drop pool for people who don't want to run legendary/master lost sectors. Xur legendary gear is more about giving access to missed gear in case people want to use it for fashion. The exotic gear is usually in the 60s. If its 40s this time then yeah its likely bugged.

I am such a dope - I only realized yesterday that we could craft the Osteo Striga whenever and not have to wait for a quest or something.

So that was quite helpful in finishing up the Parasite quest (not too bad but there is one section that really isn't solo player friendly).

If Thorn and an SMG had a baby is my jam

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Hive magic is Darkness based so it actually wouldn't have made sense. 

It kinda does in theory.  Is their magic really Darkness based or does their magical power come from corrupting Light?  They did use rituals to corrupt Traveler shards in the past and now they are using full blown Light to fight the Guardians.

All of this new lore just turns the world upside down.

Edited by J.T.

Darkness where there should be light. Light where there should be darkness. Queen Mara preparing her own agamemnon contingency. The Traveler doesn't want smoke with The Witness but we're supposed to defeat it eventually. Savathun's ghost just peaced out, but she's the hive God of cunning so somehow this is all part of her plan. What will we learn from the Psion in HELM? Once the Eliksni find out why the Traveler left does that change the opinion of the rogue houses? Lots of questions for Bungee to answer this year.

Also, suppressing glaive and supressing grenade are gamechangers. Add devour to it and the enemy light bearers are in for a bad time.

Good luck trying to get deepsight weapons from Wellspring. I was not lucky at all yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am such a dope - I only realized yesterday that we could craft the Osteo Striga whenever and not have to wait for a quest or something.

So that was quite helpful in finishing up the Parasite quest (not too bad but there is one section that really isn't solo player friendly).

If Thorn and an SMG had a baby is my jam

I think it only becomes available when you finish the campaign (if you have deluxe edition).

The Parasite quest runs so damn long though the final mission is fun outside of the carry the worm part at the beginning. Its interesting having a grenade launcher with rocket launcher levels of AOE. Looking at Aztec test it out its nearly at Gjallahorn levels of damage. I'm thinking more for the actual shot with the worm fully fed.

I did not like Thorn when I used it. I love Osteo Striga. Using it make s me realize I probably just never knew how to use Thorn correctly until now. Can't wait to get the catalyst. It seems like a beast in PvE going off of Aztec's vid. 

Using it though has made me realize I kind of don't care for legendary SMGs. Even with the amount of kills I got with Recluse I vastly prefer Riskrunner, Huckleberry, and Osteo by large margin to anything else. On the other its the opposite with auto-rifles where I can't be bothered with the exotics and love the legendaries.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

It kinda does in theory.  Is their magic really Darkness based or does their magical power come from corrupting Light?  They did use rituals to corrupt Traveler shards in the past and now they are using full blown Light to fight the Guardians.

All of this new lore just turns the world upside down.

It comes from the worms god who are Darkness aligned. 

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Darkness where there should be light. Light where there should be darkness. Queen Mara preparing her own agamemnon contingency. The Traveler doesn't want smoke with The Witness but we're supposed to defeat it eventually. Savathun's ghost just peaced out, but she's the hive God of cunning so somehow this is all part of her plan. What will we learn from the Psion in HELM? Once the Eliksni find out why the Traveler left does that change the opinion of the rogue houses? Lots of questions for Bungee to answer this year.

Also, suppressing glaive and supressing grenade are gamechangers. Add devour to it and the enemy light bearers are in for a bad time.

Good luck trying to get deepsight weapons from Wellspring. I was not lucky at all yesterday. 

Mara apparently has knowledge of failed timelines so it makes sense why she plays everything so close to the vest and has multiple contingency plans that involve a lot of murder. 

Apparently the Wellspring drop rate for Deepsight weapons is very low even on higher level difficulty. Its either bugged or Bungie didn't think ahead. Could go either way. I'm guessing they adjust in the new few weeks.

BTW - something dawned on me today when rewatching a specific cutscene and I am wondering if Bungie accidentally tipped their hand

RE: Zavala's office

Spoiler

Ana being there seemed odd outside of the possibility that she did (or will be) finally accepting the offer to become Hunter Vanguard

Like if she is there why not include Hawthorne or Petra or Elise, etc...

I am like 85% sure I am reading too much into it but still

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - something dawned on me today when rewatching a specific cutscene and I am wondering if Bungie accidentally tipped their hand

RE: Zavala's office

Hide contents

Ana being there seemed odd outside of the possibility that she did (or will be) finally accepting the offer to become Hunter Vanguard

Like if she is there why not include Hawthorne or Petra or Elise, etc...

I am like 85% sure I am reading too much into it but still

Spoiler

Petra and Elsie aren't a part of the city or Vanguard while Hawthorne isn't a guardian.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

It comes from the worms god who are Darkness aligned. 

I hadn't heard that.  This must be Witch Queen stuff.

As for the spoilerish stuff:

Spoiler

Unless they are going to go back and clarify the Rasputin stuff, Ana Bray is a horrible choice for Hunter Vanguard.  I hate to say it, but Crow deserves it the most since he did complete Cayde's Dare.  I will always support Shiro-4 as the best choice for Hunter Vanguard even if Bungie has forgotten he exists.

Here is the thing with Ana

Spoiler

Only reason I say that is because at some point (I can't remember if it came out before or after you stopped playing JT) that Zavala already offered her the job. So it isn't me suggesting it because I think she would be good at it - just that the offer is on the table

Okay - so Datto posted his first impressions of the season and I was deeply amused at his "Oh - Solo Legendary is really easy. I don't know what people are complaining about" take since he did it on his Hunter using Tarrabah while flat out saying "Oh I was invis 99% of the time".

Anyway - he said that people in his community were complaining that Crucible is "broken". He was defaulting to the PvP streamers he is friends with as he hadn't played at all this season. This got me to play for the first time tonight this season. It isn't "broken" per se but yeah... there are issues that they are going to have to tune quick. Everyone is running Void and you basically are punished if you run anything else. Hunters are invisible pretty much the entire match. Titans can have an overshield a huge chunk of the time. Suppressor grenades everywhere. No new maps (just 2 old maps that no one really is happy about returning). 

On the Hunter Vanguard

Spoiler

I think they stick to no one replacing Cayde-6. Crow and Ana have a history of running missions behind the scenes already so it would make some sense if either got the role. At the same time I just can't see it with the baggage each have. Crow is still Uldren to some and considered new. Even now Zavala has basically attached him to Saladin so Crow can learn. He might think Crow will be ready for the role eventually, but not any time soon. Ana always does too much on her own along with being focused on Rasputin and her personal history. If I recall correctly Zavala didn't actually offer her the job since he figured she would turn it down anyways.

As far as PvP goes, I did a decent amount due to working on Deepsight guns and weekly bounties for power. I focused on mostly Momentum Control for the seasonal bounty, but did of a control match or two. Its not terrible though I agree there will be things they need to balance as the season goes on. Hunter invis doesn't bother me. I still feel the only people who can really use it super effectively are those who are already good at PvP in general. The changes allow the weaker players to use it slightly better but not enough to say its broken. Honestly, most deaths I had, did, and saw came from gun play. This is a far cry from how Stasis broke PvP last year.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Here is the thing with Ana

Well:

Spoiler

The mission to infiltrate the Almighty and then the plan to power up Rasputin to shoot it down put Ana back in Zavala's good graces even though they failed and the damn thing still crashed on Earth.  The aftermath went down after I quit.  The only Hunter might be a good pick for Hunter Vanguard is Ana since she pretty much stays on Mars and does not go out into the field like the rest of us.  Most likely she'd turn it down because Rasputin.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

No new maps (just 2 old maps that no one really is happy about returning). 

These people are retards.  Like I said before, Vostok and Infinity were my favorite maps when I was chasing the RTK.  Soooooooo many Jade Rabbit headshots.

Edited by J.T.

In today I am an idiot department - I finally realized I could change from shield throw to shield bash

So much happier to have my shoulder charge back in PvP (even though its not a one shot)

Yeah, I have always had the impression that the Age of Iron Wolves right after The Collapse really sucked thanks to Saladin's tales of woe.  

Drifter's stories about that era weren't too uplifting either.  I guess the Nine are sipping tequila in nth space while all of this Witch Queen shit is going down.

Edited by J.T.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It isn't really surprising but good Lord - every time Saladin tells a story, it is fucking bleak

Just saw that fun tale an hour ago. No wonder that man seems to hate life.

The whole "you can't collect more PsiOps if you are already at 2000" thing is quite the irritant

Wished I had realized that BEFORE running all my weekly strikes

Some of the things that are being turned off for the World's First Raid (and these will only apply to the Raid on the first day)

Some gear items will be disabled in the raid for the duration of contest mode due to general issues that could provide gameplay benefits. While these items may be used in other activities, perks and functionality on the following items will be nullified within the Vow of the Disciple Raid, with additional negative impacts to power levels if equipped: 
Weapons 

• IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.2 Legendary SMG 
  • Imperial Needle Legendary Bow 
  • Grand Overture Exotic Machine Gun 
  • Wardcliff Coil Exotic Rocket Launcher 

Armor & Mods 

• Wormgod Caress Titan Exotic Gauntlets 
  • Peregrine Greaves Titan Exotic Legs
  • Suppressing Glaive Artifact Armor Mod

They also noted that they might add more to the list if they discover more issues

Isn't the whole point of Raids to find the load outs that offer the most gameplay benefit and trivialize the content so that you don't struggle during combat?  I could see if these items were glitched or something, but they are performing as designed, aren't they?

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Isn't the whole point of Raids to find the load outs that offer the most gameplay benefit and trivialize the content so that you don't struggle during combat?  I could see if these items were glitched or something, but they are performing as designed, aren't they?

If that was the case - they wouldn't have a contest mode. Again - this is just for the World's First Race so it is only for the first 24 hours

Everyone can start to break the raid Sunday afternoon

But the big reason is that most of the items are not performing as designed and they won't able to able to get the patch out until after Raid. (Again - the argument of "working as designed" vs "working to how Bungie envisioned" is a different one)

But this is why - with such a major update - I was surprised they were doing the Raid so early on.