DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

dragonzombie

G Pro Wrestling is mix of Cima Era Dragongate and Kaz's era AJPW/W-1 training for trainess.

U Style for LIDET UWF brand guys, Martial Art guys for the M group.

The company that owns GLEAT used to own the version of Pro Wresting NOAH before CyberAgent purchased the rights of NOAH and the roster.

GLEAT is the combo show, but G Pro Wrestling is the Pro Wrestling brand.

Edited by Blue Dragon

New Japan Pro-Wrestling Co., Ltd is one of the longest still existing surviving Ltd's or corporations in Pro Wrestling since 1972.

AJPW is on their 3rd ltd started in 2014, the Baba created All Japan Professional Wrestling Co., Ltd ceased to exist and became defunct around 2012-13. On November 1, 2012, it was succeeded by All Japan Pro Wrestling Systems Co., Ltd.  On July 1, 2014,  succeeded by All Japan Pro Wrestling Co., Ltd.

The current AJPW was established on July 1 2014. Carrying on the history and promotion.

Edited by Blue Dragon

I was at that 2015 NYE IGF show. Those shows were strange. Fake shoots, shoots, Hardcore Craig, Pride guys showing up to wave and shake hands with Inoki. Ichi, ni , san, daaaa! was the highlight of the show. They started early enough that I could get to Kyoko Inoue's snack to party for NYE countdown. That was better than going to Saitama and missing the last train back to my hotel in Tokyo.

• Like 2

Other AJPW stuff of note:

AJPW did that evil wrestler dude replaces the ref WWF trope in the Yoshitatsu match. 

KENZO appeared in the ring and hyped up the newest AJPW Amazon episode. Riki Choshu did guest commentary for that. Few DragonGate guys like KAI showed up for that episode too in ring.

Honda attacked Ashino with a chair.

Shuji thinks he is the strongest.

As much as online western fans like Nakajima, Kenoh, and Go, those guys never were draws and all flopped in the last decade.

Go himself was already banged up before his latest surgerys and he is now 40, he never really became the new absolute ace he was going to be groomed to be for NOAH, due to many issues that I won't bring up.

Kaito the Ace seems the be the only one (who isn't old) that will lead NOAH in the future, NOAH restarted his booking and now have also moved away from the losing many singles match angles. Plus he has the the look women and children like.

Retroactively and with retcons, Nosawa has turned the GHC HW into being whoever has it also is the guy for as long as they hold it. Until he loses it. To grandfather in why many wrestlers held the title over the years last decade but weren't the guy for many reasons in the end.

Agree that Kaito will have to be the ace if NOAH is going to have one, but I’m not sure how we can fairly evaluate Nakajima and Kenoh’s drawing power, considering that their HW ascendance and more developed personas coincided with multiple ownership/branding changes and then COVID.

• Like 1

If Muto era AJPW had some WCW-ism in it, then current AJPW has some WWF-ism in it instead thanks to Tajiri. Still, at least more angle low unlike Mutoh Era. Only Yoshitatsu vs Kazma now has an angle and Honda. I tend to separate angles from goals.

They dropped the Yoshitatsu classic Inoki-ism thing while back. And may bring back Hunter Club stuff instead.