DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/851802

Muto used to walk crab style up and down the stairs. Now he can walk fowardly on the stairs again.

He said his wrestling style is subtraction wrestling, so not doing many big things.  I think Kaito is probably doing this now in his own way, he doesn't seem to have many throws or bombs in his moveset.

Muta vs Inoki is an example of "Subtraction Wrestling" and old school wrestling to Mr.Muto.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Jake Lee vowed to recapture the Triple Crown and the leading role of AJPW. He will back on March 21. Currently he is learning English and aims to become a Japanese citizen via naturalization 

386889c67cb5d5f8fbb235a8e93889fa-450x280

Also AJPW was going to bring in foreigners again like the old days but Covid screwed up the plans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Jake Lee vowed to recapture the Triple Crown and the leading role of AJPW. He will back on March 21. Currently he is learning English and aims to become a Japanese citizen via naturalization 

386889c67cb5d5f8fbb235a8e93889fa-450x280

Also AJPW was going to bring in foreigners again like the old days but Covid screwed up the plans.

What is Jake Lee a citizen of?

Abby Jr wants the Triple Crown and to become Mr Budokan of Reiwa Era. By main eventing both the BJW Yokohama Budokan show (May the 5th) and the AJPW Budokan show with his Triple Crown. Maybe defend the title against Suwama at the BJW show.

Edited by Blue Dragon

1 hour ago, Control said:

So who’s the dude still with Yoshitatsu?

Reimu Imai, the wrestler with hearing difficulties. He works for Heat-Up. His mom was Eriko Imai, a Japanese singer. 

The other Yoshi linked dude..Rikidozan 3 or whatever isn't listed.

The two other smaller AJPW rookies rookies aren't listed in the AJPW grouping.

Edited by Blue Dragon

9 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

FKtSNNlagAAQMkC?format=jpg&name=large

Hmmm, they obviously think very highly of Ryuki Honda, he's prominently displayed here.  I've liked what I've seen so far as well.  

So I guess Andy Wu's more or less back in the fold.  

Although I realize that plans have been altered under difficult circumstances (i.e. recent struggles, plus the past two years of you know what), I have to honestly say that I'm happy that Miyahara has the triple crown right now for All Japan's 50th year.  It just seems right.  

On 2/4/2022 at 12:21 PM, Blue Dragon said:

Inoki participated in NJPW's 50th WPWs "The Best Battle I have ever had" program. With others listed below.

mybest.png

It is being broadcast on CS Asahi 2 channel. I watched the first week. Fujinami chose 60 minute draw with Inoki, Tanahashi chose G-1 final against Nakamura, the Nakayama guy (who is he?) chose Inoki winning 3 pinfalls in a handicap match against Rusher Kimura, Animal Hamaguchi, and a wrestler that I did not recognize.

The show made me remember how much I liked Nakamura (and how big Inoki's ego is?).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ka-to said:

It is being broadcast on CS Asahi 2 channel. I watched the first week. Fujinami chose 60 minute draw with Inoki, Tanahashi chose G-1 final against Nakamura, the Nakayama guy (who is he?) chose Inoki winning 3 pinfalls in a handicap match against Rusher Kimura, Animal Hamaguchi, and a wrestler that I did not recognize.

The show made me remember how much I liked Nakamura (and how big Inoki's ego is?).

The other fighter was Isamu Teranishi. All 3 men Inoki battled were from IWE.

I think Kota Ibushi's pick is supposed to be the biggest deal. 

• Like 1

AJPW:

Sugi defended his title against Andy Wu. The next Junior title match is Sugi (c) vs Hikaru Sato. Lot of the newer Junior title matches are shorter these days.

There were two short special HW singles matches on the card.

FK1NNs1aUAU6L6H?format=jpg&name=small

DDT:

Endo's new nickname is Burning Star.

tospo_862665984484179968_0.jpg

Edited by Blue Dragon