DVDVR Message Board

2022 Puroresu General Discussion

Kang

Nakajima replaced Go, he won at the Budokan, main evented one of the matches at WK16 and among other things that support this. Young men like Mutoh and Kaito are the other top guys of NOAH. Will come a time when Kaito is the true ace of NOAH in the future.170_pos_file.jpg

Fujinami had his own Triple Crown, the IWGP HW, WCWA World, and the NWA Pacific Northwest title. In 1988 before AJPW did their own unified verison.

I can't find anywhere pictures of that combo.

Edited by D.Z

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

Fujinami had his own Triple Crown, the IWGP HW, WCWA World, and the NWA Pacific Northwest title. In 1988 before AJPW did their own unified verison.

I can't find anywhere pictures of that combo.

Fujinami only had the WCWA belt for day. He got it from Kerry Von Erich less than a week before Superclash III so he was never going to have it for very long. That title win was on the episode of World Pro Wrestling that aired on December 24th, 1988 joined in progress. The following match where he gave the belt back was never aired, I believe.

Here's the article about the three title thing complete with a photo of Fujinami taking a chair to Kerry's head.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/3863450/

• Like 1

Matches so far for the first OSU All Star multiple 20 groups show

"Old Japan" or legends

d73536-79-0a7a392f37cb81abf685-8.png

AJP

d73536-79-3213be0e9f904f77e498-7.png

Joshi

d73536-79-676e0b5e47cf03a942bf-6.png

Jaguar Yokota (CRYSIS), Dump Matsumoto (Violent Alliance), Shinobu Kamitori (LLPW-X), Takako Inoue (LLPW) as well. And many more unknown matches.

d73536-79-bf80bb2415c04aaaff99-5.jpg

NJPW will team up with OSU for their Sumo hall show

Edited by D.Z

Kento Miyahara said the other groups are "don't care!" to him.  His aim is to lead AJPW's 50th year, and do "one person bright, fun and intense professional wrestling". It is synonymous with AJPW, advocated by Giant Baba in the 90's, "bright, fun, and intense professional wrestling." I always thought he wasn't stoic enough for the Royal Road term. So that fits him better.

And Miyahara is looking further ahead. He said "I think" bright, fun and intense "was expressed in terms of the balance of the box office, but in my game, I can see all of them in one game. I will pursue that. I want to make "Reiwa's bright, intense and fun"? That's right. I want to make it as a champion. "

Edited by D.Z

I know what he means but I hope people are aware he means the antithesis of last decades NJPW style. 

Anyway current NJPW reverted back to the spectacle style of Yukes Era NJPW just with submissions still not working in the HW divsion. Something Tanahashi and Gedo really wanted pre BushiRoad. The booking has also reverted back in the sense of moving away from being their take on the Royal Road booking. Plus the dropping of WWEish briefcase system and the IC title, further throws out booking elements of the last decade of NJPW.

Only the IWGP World HW carries on the match style of the last decade. Even then it's booked different.

Edited by D.Z

Mine would be Kensuke Sasaki/Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Kenta Kobashi/Go Shiosaki from Pro Wrestling NOAH, 5th November 2005. My 2005 MOTY in a loaded year. I have it ***** and it sits just outside my top 10 wrestling matches of all time.

Another special memorial show was announced, Jumbo Tsuruta's 23rd Anniversary "Goodwill" (on May 31st, at Korakuen Hall, Tokyo) 

Kyohei Wada and Fumihito Kihara (the ring announcer of AJPW) are the tournament or card producers. NJPW and AJPW have been selected as the participating groups, and three players or wrestlers, Jun Akiyama from DDT, Tatsumi Fujinami from Dradition, and Atsushi Onita, have been decided as the first participating wrestlers.

"I want to make it a bright tournament or a Jumbo-like tournament. It's a professional wrestling that is forgotten now. I want you to remember American professional wrestling." I hope we can make the tournament happy and the fans will be happy," Kihara said with enthusiasm.

Around 6 to 7 matches will be held, centered on wrestlers who are linked to Mr. Tsuruta, and a ceremony will also be held.

I left out other info, but you can find it all yourself online.

20220119-00000101-dal-000-5-view.jpg?exp

2201119_jtpw23_tsuruta1.jpg

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

AJPW:

If Ashino wins the Triple Crown, he will reform AJPW. He will also become the shortest man to win it, if he wins the Triple Crown Championship. Not something Baba would book at all, but Tajiri decides the book these days. So we will see...

Ashino already said he is Jake Lee's Rival.

NJPW:

Not sure if they will revert or change their ring and ring setup this year, they have tomorrow or the anniversary show to properly do so. Anyway the ring setup will someday change regardless, because it has over decades.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Naito confessed his salary is reduced by 24 percent. He has no feelings about the IWGP World HW and just wants to face Okada who is the "Strongest". He wants to main event Tokyo Dome next year and win the IWGP World belt for himself. He said something about Rossy Ogawa of Stardom, but I didn't make it out.

TigerMask 4 mask was red because of burning fighting spirit which is different from fighting spirit. Which is from Mr.Inoki. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D.Z said:

Naito confessed his salary is reduced by 24 percent. He has no feelings about the IWGP World HW and just wants to face Okada who is the "Strongest". He wants to main event Tokyo Dome next year and win the IWGP World belt for himself. He said something about Rossy Ogawa of Stardom, but I didn't make it out.

TigerMask 4 mask was red because of burning fighting spirit which is different from fighting spirit. Which is from Mr.Inoki. 

Tesuya Naito quote:

Old Japan is such a great name for a wrestling group of the elderly pros haha. Shit, can we just have a whole promotion of international old guys? I'd pay to see Black Terry vs. Dump Matsumoto in an intergender match or fat Diet Butcher dump Jericho on his head. 

Edited by Curt McGirt