DVDVR Message Board

Wrestler of the Day: KOJI KITAO

RIPPA

The unofficial "Pick Guys That Dean Would Talk About" week concludes with one of the lumpiest of lumpy WAR heavyweights.

And probably one of the more forgotten terrible human beings.

I mean

- Legit gets kicked on Sumo

- Beat a woman (some might argue I am over exaggerating this one but to me, it is what it is)

- Fired by New Japan for being a racist

- Involved in TWO different shoots (Him shooting on John Tenta and then Nobuhiko Takada shooting on him)

I am thinking most people around here would remember him either for the Tenta stuff or having the random Pride match against Nathan Jones

He's the most random guy to ever get a Wrestlemania match maybe, no?

Excluding celebrities and NFL guys... probably

Heck - I am pretty sure he and Tenryu are the most random guys to WIN a Mania match.

He was the tall guy in the gi, and not the purple kicker of ass, right? I always get those two confused, because other guy was Koki Kitahara. One was awesome, and the other was a dick.

Correct

Posted Image

Koji Kitao

Posted Image

Koki Kitahara

• Like 1

It sounds like he mellowed out and became less of a problem as the years went on, but that could just be his wikipedia entry lying.

Probably but he also went out of the spotlight as he got older. Out of the spotlight and professional sports -> Lesser chance of doing stupid stuff and have it reported on.

On the bright side, his Yokozuna promotion made sure that no one would ever get to Yokozuna again without winning a tournament, which is a good thing. Realistically, he probably would have been forced out anyway since it didn't appear that he would be winning a yusho anyway.