DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Day 7 of the CC, no fans allowed because Covid

Ohtani is the MVP!  His selling of the finish is masterful.

• Like 1

Our weekly Ryo Mizunami match!  I look forward to this every week.  When she is in Japan, you get maybe two matches a year on the free internet.  Here, she is tagging with Leyla Hirsch and it has a great Xena Warrior Princess/Gabrielle vibe.  Diamonte lays it in.

=============================

Mei Hoshizuki is from MARVELOUS, is 19 years old, and is INVADING SENDAI GIRLS!  Sendai Girls defends the homeland by sending out.... 14 year old Kanon?  Since she's 14, they don't actually bring the hate and violence.  It's a lot of dropkicks and fun array of rollups.  Kanon is going to be good by the time she gets her learner's permit.

==============================

KiLynn King was trained by like 6 people, one of whom was Gangrel.  Gangrel has a promotion called Gangrel's Wrestling Asylum, and that is delightful.  KiLynn King is their women's champion and she is so impressive.  Here, the ref continues to fuck up the finish.  Gangrel can train wrestlers!  Maybe not refs!

• Like 1

This is good.  I can't tell of Toxin and Baby Xtreme are heels or faces in this- as all four just kinda do quality lucha libre.  Origen is back with a pared down outfit and a more athletic offense than last week.  Baby Xtreme is your most spectacular.

========================

It's Will Allday in an actual wrestling match.

=========================

Texas indie gal, Vert Vixen, in an actual wrestling match in Booker T's Reality of Wrestling against 18 year old prodigy, Rok-C.

So women's wrestling in America goes through Texas.  Booker T has the most trainees in the mid-majors and majors.  Here is two more than appear to be on the ROH roster now, Hyan and Rok-C.  I have TWO daughters older than Rok-C.  She is adorable.  Max the Impaler is an Al Snow trainee and she is good as a monster.  I hope she and Rok-C continue tagging together because Rok-C makes the best faces of horror when she has to deal with Max.  Laynie Luck is perfectly fine.

========================

This is fun.  YOUTH OF LUCHA LIBRE!  I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THESE GUYS!

========================

The new Impact backstage announcer is a really fun Southern whiny heel, Georgia Lee something something that adds up to GLAM.  (She is also Ace Austin's lady friend, but that's beside the point.)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, D.Z said:

TJPW 8 women tag

Okay, of these 8, I can name Miyu Yamashita, Rika Tatsumi, Shoko Nakajima, and ahhhhhhh the little gal that was in the AEW tournament.  Yuka something,

• Like 1

I drank some beer but in no order:

Mizuki is the other woman in white. The Popping Sugar Rabbit.

Mirai Maiumi is the woman in blue.

The Bumblebee girl is Suzume.

The pink woman with ponytail is Miu Watanabe.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

This is Stardom from the 3/26 and 3/28 shows.  It's I'm guessing the last Saya Iida match before she busted up her knee.  This has a truncated version of the fabulous Natsupoi/Starlight Kid match and it has the COSMIC ANGELS against QUEEN'S QUEST!  Which allows me to pretend I know who I'm watching past Tam Nakano and Momoe Watanabe.  Yesssssssss.....

=============================

This J-Stage is trickling out.  It's TEAM GLEAT versus a freelance guy, a Zero-1 guy and Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP! guy!  It's pretty good!  And short!

============================

It's MLW guy, Myron Reed, wrestling the lucha libre in front of an actual crowd in the greater Chicago metropolitan area.  Aeroboy is fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

The main event, nearly 20 mins. I will post day 9 later, I still have to finish watching day 7.

Miyahara has Ishikawa's best match of the tournament.  Miyahara is a wonderful pro wrestler.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DEAN said:

This is Stardom from the 3/26 and 3/28 shows.  It's I'm guessing the last Saya Iida match before she busted up her knee.  This has a truncated version of the fabulous Natsupoi/Starlight Kid match and it has the COSMIC ANGELS against QUEEN'S QUEST!  Which allows me to pretend I know who I'm watching past Tam Nakano and Momoe Watanabe.  Yesssssssss.....

Really dug Iida/Ruaka. Thought it was Iida's best defense yet. Its a pity she can't finish her reign properly due to the injury. I think she would have been the best Future champ yet had it continued.

• Like 1

Hey!  Yuu is back!  She's teaming with fellow big mean lady, Chihiro Hashimoto up against good but young and annoying Manami and fuckin awesome Hiroyo Matsumoto.

==========================

Charity Kane is a Booker T trainee.  She'll lay it in.  Hyan is a Booker T trainee.  She'll lay it in.  It's been a big month for Hyan, what with her being figured in to the ROH women's division.  This is the first time I've seen Kane.  I assume she will be on Elevation next week.

=================

It's Just Tap Out gals Tomoka Inaba and somebody else (after going to cagematch.net, Sumika Yanagawa) in what may be the weirdest indie in Japan- that's right I said it.  The weirdest indie in Japan= Magic Box.  This match is pretty straight forward though and Inaba is all about the neato submissions.

• Like 1

Here s a giant wad of NOAH with English commentary.  Nakajima!

==========================

Galli wrestling in Chicago has a pretty high baseline of good.  This is good.

==============================

Middle Kingdon Wrestling in China showboats Nor "Phoenix" Diana, the Malaysian lady wrestling sensation.  I did a bit of research and it appears she had some training from Emi Sakura.  Poppy is a mystery but she is also perfectly fine.  

Hey!  It's Kaho Kobayashi in Sendai Girls!  She wrestles DASH Chisako.  Kaho is so spunky.

=================

The sons of LA PARK beat up on a guy with one arm.  The one armed man, Vulkano, is a fun highflier.

===============================

GLEAT vs PRO-WRESTLING HEAT-UP! or a GLEAT-UP in an actual venue with actual humans in attendance.  Soma Watanabe has some suspect punches for a nouveau UWF guy.  Kaz Hayashi takes on his former trainee, DDT guy Hiroshi Yamato. Takanori Ito is easy to confuse with Shotaro Ashino.  Very indie.  Very good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

Day 9 of the CC

I love the story of this match- "Oh!  You're a dick!  I'm a dick too!"  Aoyagi is awesome in this.  Kento Miyahara is the best wrestler in the world.

Spoiler

EVEREST! GERMAN SUPLEX!

• Like 1