DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I hate fucking people 

Don't fuck them, then.

You do sometimes find yourself in the lobby of someone who's only played story mode, and has dropped into hosting a Multiplayer APEX mission by mistake. Some of them are carryable. Most are overpowering liabilities, who can doom a Bob squad with their ineptitude.

The building is small, but quite a lot of the area around it is also playable. The best camping spot is reached by running forward as far as possible from the spawn, until you're out the other side of the base and up on a grassy hill with a pillar.

10 hours ago, AxB said:

The building is small, but quite a lot of the area around it is also playable. The best camping spot is reached by running forward as far as possible from the spawn, until you're out the other side of the base and up on a grassy hill with a pillar.

Don't you cut yourself off from most escape routes if you do that? I like having somewhere else to go if I need to gather my thoughts or finish peeing myself or whatever.

I tried this twice last night: First time, I got beamed into a game in progress, on Level 6, and promptly used five health packs and a couple of revives before being taken down by a Fiend about halfway through the round. The game just put me in the middle of chaos and said "here you go, have fun."

Second time, I started from the start and made it to wave 6, using all my health packs and four RPGs in the process. I used my last RPG on a Fiend when I went up some stairs and there were two Ascendants side-by-side right in front of me. I thought "well, now what?" when the game answered that question for me by locking up. No money earned, five health packs and RPGs burned.

46 minutes ago, jstout said:

Don't you cut yourself off from most escape routes if you do that? I like having somewhere else to go if I need to gather my thoughts or finish peeing myself or whatever.

We had 3 Angarans with Assault Turrets (which were all set up next to each other mostly), and one with Stealth Grid. Escape routes were not a problem. It was a forest of Trip Mines. And constant Shield Boosts constantly.

Just extracted from the Gold mission on Firebase Aqua with three randos.

Holy fuck, eleven waves.  The Kett commander showed up.on Asassinations (Wave 6?) and we got lucky and got a Hack at the LZ for our last Challenge Wave just in time for Extraction.

Our squad was made up of a Human Soldier, a Turian Soldier (me), a Turian Agent, and a Krogan Merc.

We held down the high ground on the far end of the map for the first seven waves and transitioned to the LZ for the last four.

The plan was simple; kill anything Kett.

The Human Soldier detonated Fire Combos set up by the KroMerc and the Agent and it was my job to throw as many grenades as I could.. 

For once I used a lot of Ammo Packs to keep myself fully stocked with grenades.  I burned four First Aids and one Revive and maybe used three Cobras since I was finally on a team that was not stingy when it came to RPGs.

I need a Tylenol now.  That shit was really stressful.

Well shit. First try at it. Made it to wave 10 devices. Jumped through the window to get the last device and right in the ball of death from the ascendant. 

My group cleared it and we all extracted. Dalm that was great. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I bought the Pistol SMG amp.  No idea if I'll ever use it.

Only time I use most of that stuff is on apex missions when a certain gun is boosted. I love pistol skirmishes anyway. Its about all i use. Add that amp with a pistol booster and it mows shit down. Ill usually add a universal power amp booster too. 

I hope that Apex mission sticks around, or they make more like it. 11 Waves = shitloads of medals. Usually if you get a Gold Medal in revives, it's because nobody else is doing any. Whereas on this Apex mission, either everyone gets Gold in revives, or the team wipes early.

I was thinking about that 11 wave apex mission. If you were to put it on private with 4 crew and if somebody was getting low on comsumables. They could drop out when it said 3 left. Restock and come back in. Other 3 could get it down to 1 and just run around.  

I have started to notice that my MP problems (lag, no sound, etc..) almost always occur when I join in mid-match

If I am there at the start I have very few problems

I have been hesitant to host session for fear of dropping but I might start doing that more to see if that solves thing

Everyone who joins mid-match gets no "announcer" (I forget his name). That's been going on since multiplayer started.

I don't have major lag problems, just character-moving difficulties once in a while. Are you hard-wired to the net or running on wi-fi?

Despite my best efforts, I finished the 11-wave Gold game today. I perma-died about 15 seconds into waves 6-10, and then perma-died with about 45 seconds left in extraction. Take the most useless teammate you've ever had, multiply his uselessness by 200, and you're getting close to how useless I was. My teammates are probably still cussing me two hours later.

• Like 2

Gonna have to give it another shot tonight.

I'd like to blame our failure last night on the host (me) dropping on wave 6, but I'd be lying.  It wasn't gonna happen that match, especially after gamergirl had to use all 5 pops on wave 5.  It was worth it, though.  Got to listen to about 5 minutes of melraz on commentary while gamergirl carried our dead asses.

42 minutes ago, jstout said:

Everyone who joins mid-match gets no "announcer" (I forget his name). That's been going on since multiplayer started.

I don't have major lag problems, just character-moving difficulties once in a while. Are you hard-wired to the net or running on wi-fi?

I'm hard wired so that is why I am like 90/10 that the fault lies with Comcast/Xfinity

Our complex is required to have them and in the last year they tried to force everyone to upgrade to that X1 dealie - I refused. So even though I pay for higher speed I do think I am getting capped.

Partly because I have no fucking clue what my son is doing on the internet in his room

I am a terrible parent

• Like 1

Now all that being said - I have probably done a half dozen matches this afternoon with minimal issues.

Well at least internet wise

Boobs for teammates is another story

Gamergirl was Bobette for our sorry asses. She kept popping long after I would've given up.

So did a guy on my team today. He should've thrown in the towel several times but didn't.

I think that my human soldier may not be.the best character for that one. The star of the show today was playing the cloaking Salarian, which got him out of several jams.