DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1B: JOHN CENA vs. LA SOMBRA

MM16: 1st RDB - JOHN CENA vs. LA SOMBRA  

109 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I watched Rey vs Styles, Ambrose vs Rusev, and the first two Ultima Lucha matches tonight. I think I made out ok. I am sorry for your plight. Daniel Bryan was so into that match that he wanted to lose his hair in Mexico.

I didn't watch all of Sombra/Atlantis, but Sombra coming out in the white suit was all I needed to vote for him over Cena. The Open Challenge was great, but the payoff and rise of the springboard stunner sour it all for me in hindsight.

Maybe if we told Fowler that Zeuxis and her friends are fighting lucha vampires, he might like it. :)

(For the record, i applaud people for being direct and just saying they dont like something, even if they are in the minority.)

I don't really watch Lucha.  I watch the Azteca show but fast forward through matches that don't interest me.  Still not quite grasping the way they do things, but the wacky characters and stuff tend to resonate a bit more with me.  Maximo is great but his gimmick is so entertaining I have to watch what he does.  Sombra was fucking awesome with his mannerisms, and he somehow had more charisma with the mask on.  It was the little things like trying to calm people down saying "Chill out, I got this"  It was the posing he did with La Mascara and the cocky moves he would do.  That more than anything was what got me into him, but damn he's so fast and so smooth at what he does.  The great wrestling was a bonus to me.

The point is, Bryan, you're not at fault for not getting Lucha.  Heck, I'm not even mad at those that can't get into Lucha Underground.  We all have different tastes and that's fine.  But give it a shot and find that something to gravitate towards.  Am I going to watch Lucha regularly after all this and seek out stuff online?  Probably not, but if it's on TV just find that something that clicks.

The more I think about it I have voter's remorse in choosing Cena.  I like him a ton and have a ton of respect for him.  I'll be happy if he goes through, but I'll be delighted to see La Sombra win this.