DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - AWESOME/AMAZING KONG

RIPPA

So Kia Stevens pulled out of the show in Japan she was supposed to work on Wednesday stating that she is retiring from wrestling on the advice of doctors.

Granted this is Kong - so take with as much salt as necessary

Of course - with TNA's logic, she isn't retired because she is still on TV

Anyway - Kong vs. Kim was the best feud TNA ever had and really Kong was born a generation too late. Oh well...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3zmbh_gail-kim-vs-awesome-kong_shortfilms

I think - THINK - this is the first TNA singles match between the two. DM has the entire feud and you really should watch it all.

Go ahead and lie and say that you didn't lose your shit when Ayako Hamada and Kong were a tag-team in TNA.

My hate of TNA in general almost made me miss this run... that and not knowing on which fucking network TNA was going to be on from week to week.

Yeah, there's a slight disparity in talent there. Just a lil' one.

I wish I could find more than the briefest clips of the surprisingly fun mini-feud that Kong had in TNA with Christy Hemme of all people. Hemme was playing a bitchy heel at the time (despite Kong still technically being a heel herself; eh, it's Russo, whaddya gonna do?) and it was depicted as the villain repeatedly getting their brutally hilarious comeuppance. By the end Christy was portrayed almost like a PTSD victim trapped in an endlessly recurring nightmare,knowing full well that Kong was about to break her in half again but being unable to stop or avoid the oncoming collision. On a Christmas show they were both included in some dumbass Christmas Toybox Deathmatch thingy, which was totally redeemed by Kong dragging a screaming Christy backwards by the ankle like a slasher villain dragging a helpless cheerleader, while Christy was clutching desperately onto a giant teddybear (not a euphemism, an actual stuffed toy bear that was almost as big as Hemme) the entire time.