DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

Boy there are a shit ton of games today and tomorrow. . .

For fun, since I know little about NCAA:

1. Bama

2. TOSU

3. FSU

4. BSU(Only because there won't be a compelling alternative-and they get their doors blown off in the playoff)

FWIW, Boise State is undefeated in BCS Bowl games (3-0).

Keep an eye on both the Arizona teams in the PAC 12.

You have to pick Ohio, much as I hate it. But Michigan State won't roll over and play dead for them.

I'm gonna take the Arizona Wildcats, and I'm not overly fond of that either. But RichRod is a great fit out west.

I'm going to stick to chalk in the Big XII and say TCU. Baylor has to break in a new QB and Briles isn't really talking the kid up like he has his two stars. I don't trust any team from Oklahoma right now. Texas is still a mess at QB. Which basically leaves TCU.

Down south... I'm not sure any team escapes the SEC West with even just one loss, and the reputation that might get a two loss SEC west team in over a one kids champion from elsewhere took a big hit with that 2-5 bowl mark last year. I think Bama is still the team to beat, but I think the SEC misses the playoffs leading to wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Clemson in the mild shock spot from the ACC gives the committee just enough to ignore the north east or Boise.

I think both the Arizona teams are fool's gold this year. I could see one of them stealing the P12 South if it turns into a cluster with neither USC or UCLA asserting control, but I can't see either of them catching a whiff of the playoff.

I think Arizona is probably a year or two off from making a really big run. Defense isn't going to be there this season.

• Like 1

I think both the Arizona teams are fool's gold this year. I could see one of them stealing the P12 South if it turns into a cluster with neither USC or UCLA asserting control, but I can't see either of them catching a whiff of the playoff.

I think Arizona is probably a year or two off from making a really big run. Defense isn't going to be there this season.

It's the PAC-12, since when does the defense matter?

Fuck... Michigan just had a perfectly executed deep bomb play that got over thrown. Second time today.

Then he throws his second pick the next play. Fuck. It's so close, but he's over throwing his guys every where.

Michigan's offense has kept blowing good chances, and now the defense has broken down.

I know this isn't the year (based on most of these big name coaching hires, years two through four are when the breakthrough usually happens) but it's depressing seeing how close they have been several times tonight...