DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Melraz, Jstout and I did a little of the urban commando team building thing in free mode before I bailed for Mass Effect 3.  Blowing up three guys in a car with my RPG definitely raised my spirits. 

I wanted to go hunt heads with Robert, Misanthrope and Jstout after Rippa, Dan & I finished fighting Reapers in ME3, but it was getting late and I have had too many 4 hours of sleep nights this week as it is.

You didn't miss much. We finally track down these two goobers, they leave. We track down two more goobers, they leave. One guy was in one of those concrete tunnels in the viaduct with a minigun and Robert still killed him and blew up his Sandking. We weren't on much longer after you left.

That afternoon session was crazy. I was telling Robert about how those dudes kept riding up on me in a car, and I'd manage to kill one but miss another and they'd shoot me. I tried the heavy weaponry, but that didn't work. Finally, it hit me "dude, get off the street, you moron," and I got up on some roof thing and just ruined their day. Funny thing is, they never bothered to try to snipe me off the little roof/porch thing I was on.

Yeah - I liked that I signed off at 9:30 and JT goes "I am gonna see if the night crew is on but I am only playing till 10"

*looks at the time JT posted last night*

Yeah - I liked that I signed off at 9:30 and JT goes "I am gonna see if the night crew is on but I am only playing till 10"

*looks at the time JT posted last night*

Sometimes i don't do anything in free mode but check my stats and watch the comical antics of other players on WEAZEL TV in my garage until I am sleepy enough to go to bed.

There is nothing quite like the humor that a man in a monkey mask wearing only athletic shorts and flip flops and fleeing the cops in a Vinewood Studios tour bus can provide.

Then the Night Shift decided to join my session and all of a sudden I am suddenly I am all REGULATORS~! and find myself outside my apartment doing battle with players with gamertags like Ironik Kronik who really do deserve to be shot and explaining to PrincessCarol92 why there is no finer criminal organization in the game quite like the DVDR 360 Mob. 

Before you know it, it is one in the morning.  Fuck..  Time for bed for real this time..

Then I wake up promptly at 5AM without the alarm going off (my bio clock is s Swiss timepiece) and I have the nerve to wonder why I feel so tired.

All of that and I am still able to debug and remount a 5.5 gig Oracle database in under thirty minutes.  I am a machine..

JT posting from home is news in and of itself.

I have found that I crash my Elegy into fewer freighttrains when I don't multitask. :lol:

So you were on past when we left, 'cause I watched the last six or so minutes of the Rockets-Blazers game. We're all like "go to bed" and you stay up loinger trying to recruit for the DVDR women's auxiliary? I admire your dedication to your craft, sir. Did you also tell her the good news about Jehovah?

So you were on past when we left, 'cause I watched the last six or so minutes of the Rockets-Blazers game. We're all like "go to bed" and you stay up loinger trying to recruit for the DVDR women's auxiliary? I admire your dedication to your craft, sir. Did you also tell her the good news about Jehovah?

No, one in the morning was an exaggeration.  I got into a couple of brief firefights with Ironik Kronik and MC whateverhisnamewas and then went back to the crib to watch you guys on WEAZEL.

I signed off around 10ish last night right before you left to watch the game.  I was up a little longer because Elysium was in my Starz OnDemand early premier queue.  I was about an hour in before I crapped out and decided to watch the rest after work today.

I logged on this morning to make my usual run to Ammunation before Jobber Thursday this afternoon and ran into PrincessCarol92.  I testified about the wonderous kingdom that awaited her, but only she can choose to enter it.  With Moongirl mostly committed to her Call of Duty clan and Amy loving us to death but rolling mostly with her real life sister's crew, I am back on the girl gamer recruiting trail.

The Roosevelt is so slow you have to hope that everyone else racing with you screws up repeatedly, which does happen. I won a race with a Roosevelt with three other people that way. Our Sports Classics race Tuesday was easily the best I've ever driven the Monroe. I kept thinking "damn, I'm driving this well" and "quit thinking that, you're gonna jinx yourself."

I own no Sports Classics because they all corner like ass.  I dread Sports Classics races like Mark dreads deathmatches. 

I will race in coupes or compacts or sedans or even SUV's, but Sports Classics can eat a bag of dicks.

As for discussion of garages goes, getting a Sultan to spawn was a high mark in my career, but it is not as durable as the Elegy RH8.  I may keep it as a trophy or get an Alpha or try for a Obey Tailgater.  I find myself not wanting to get a Jester anymore because nearly every knucklehead in the game owns one.

I was tempted to get rid of the Bandit in favor of a Gauntlet since stat wise it is the best muscle car to race in, but I have grown sentimental about my black and gold Phoenix.

Yes. I have a totally modded up Roosevelt, and it's still slow. The fully souped-up Monroe is incredibly fast. The Roosevelt is the best-handling car I've driven in the game, but it's just a step or two too slow. Plus it's almost $10,000 if something happens to it and you have to pay for it. 

Its rarity and the fact that we're supposed to get more garage space sometime in Junevember makes me keep it, but if someone said "one car from your garage has to go, now," it'd be the Roosevelt.

I want to get a new motorcycle to replace the Ruffian but i think i will wait until the update and they add that new bike.

When i got on tuesday, i had no surplus cars in my garage to sell to start my game. I need to hunt down some Ballas tonight.

The Dinka Akuma I got was a good buy for the money.. 

Acceleration is off the chart and I can outrun Dinka Double-T's and Bati 800's but it does not corner as well as my beloved Bati 800RR. 

You will rule in the straights but suffer in the turns if you use an Akuma for racing. 

I will probably end up getting the new Dinka Thrust and selling my Akuma once the update hits.

Forgot to mention that when I logged on this morning, I got a prompt about the Y Button launching an event but there is no news at Social Club about anything going on and I didn't see anything on the in-game newswire.  Probably another competitive playlist.

Logged on late last night because I wanted to get 3 more assault SMG kills to get my orange tint.  Got into a public, and the first thing I saw was a Simeon car.  Couldn't get into the LSC downtown, because some fool was already in there, but noticed an Entity right outside for some reason.  I threw a sticky bomb on it and started to drive off when somebody on a motorcycle showed up.  I drove off, but when I set of the sticky I got messages that I'd blown up 2 personal vehicles, and killed somebody as well - I imagine the person on the bike.

Parked the Simeon car downtown after finally fitting it for a bomb, but nobody went for it.  Some dude came at me in a firetruck, but I took it, and him, out with a minigun.  Got 2 SMG kills when he came at me twice in a row on foot.  By that time, I was at 5 star wanted level and surrounded by cops, but I saw a dot coming at me fast.  It was the same dude on an Akuma.  I shot him off of that to get my tint unlock, and then threw a sticky bomb on it.  I ran to hide from the cops and watched his dot.  When I thought he was close to his bike I set the sticky off, and was rewarded with messages that I'd killed him and blown up another personal vehicle.

The best part was when I looked at his level - 999.  Well earned, that.

I got the Army tint for my Combat MG yesterday and got the Army tint for my Advanced Rifle on Monday!  Probably as good as it will get for me.

I had to earn the Combat MG tint twice because the world went wonky and my console locked up. When I rebooted, I was reset to the point in time where I still had two more kills to earn.  Thankfully, Sponguebob 27th, a couple of Rank 70's, Spongebob27th & BadJayMau5, and a Rank 500ish guy were still in the same session as Jstout and Melraz and still wanted a piece of DVDR.

Sorry about your damn luck, fellas.

I am totally blanking on the gamertag of the lowbie that apparently tried to audition for DVDR by constantly offering getaway driver services whenever we were getting swamped by the One Time.  He earned his stay of our standing order of Kill All White Dots.

I considered rebuying the Assault SMG so that I could start racking up kills towards the SMG Head medal, but I hate scrolling through my weapon wheel as it is.  I may just depend on our Forced Weapon deathmatches to get me there.

That lower-level dude wasn't too bad, as far as those dudes go. He stayed pretty much out of the way and accepted his accidental killing when he didn't. There was that time I was in the car with him when he (and I) had a 3-star wanted level and I was like "oh yeah, I guess I could try to shoot the cops." When he got even semi-near you guys at the Maze Bank Arena, I jumped out of that car with a quickness. I have an uncommon interest in trying to shoot down helicopters. It's probably my favorite thing to do in Freemode.

Then I was itching to rumble in that game you were watching on TV, J.T., so Mis and I commandeered a Merriweather pick-up helicopter, which was suddenly the slowest vehicle ever made. I was ready to get out and push. Literal "we're never gonna catch these guys" sadness set in until they actually stopped and let us catch up. Then we ran one of them over while he/she was in passive mode with those off-road VW Bugs. Robert caught her (a female character) with that Bug at one point and was doing a burnout on her body. That had to leave a mark.

They left soon after.

I got the green tint on one of my guns last afternoon, and I was all hyped and J.T., unwilling to bust my bubble, congratulated me on my accomplishment. I then go to AmmuNation later and discover you get it after killing something like 30 players. Yawn. Plus the damn tint costs $5,000! Screw that, that's a lot of Egochasers and P's and Q's.

Aw.  PrincessCarol92 said thanks but has decided to join up with one of the all girl crews.   Oh, well, live and let live.  

If she takes a shot at me though, it will be returned in kind.

Yeah, watching DuckOnQuack855 and his crazy, emo hairdo, having helpers try to elude the cops in a Vinewood Studios tour bus was hysterical.  I think you guys were actually after Ishi and Uzumaki; the pair of players that blew up Quack's escape leerjet on the tarmac.

It was around that time that MC whatshisface started shooting at me as I was going to Ammunation to get more Grenade Launcheer ammo and I added "players wearing pig masks" to my Kill On Sight list.

I wish that some of the custom fades from the barber shop that Frankln can wear make it to the game.  My ethnically ambiguous African-American criminal looks dumb in anything but the buzz cut.  I also wish that there was a better soul patch facial hair selection than "chin fuzz."

I spawned into a server at one point and had 2 people right next to me.  Took them both out and blew up both cars.  One took off, but I got the other a bunch of times.  I was taking cover, being super careful, and sniping him at long range.  After a while I looked at the rankings, and noticed he was level 4.  Went from feeling like a badass to feeling like a dickhead in an instant.  I'm taking long range shots with the heavy sniper, and the poor guy only had a standard pistol.

I spawned into a server at one point and had 2 people right next to me.  Took them both out and blew up both cars.  One took off, but I got the other a bunch of times.  I was taking cover, being super careful, and sniping him at long range.  After a while I looked at the rankings, and noticed he was level 4.  Went from feeling like a badass to feeling like a dickhead in an instant.  I'm taking long range shots with the heavy sniper, and the poor guy only had a standard pistol.

I have had too many Rank Teen guys open fire on me with free weapons like the stuff from the Beach Bum Update and the Sawed-Off Shotgun via your Social Club sign up not to exploit my superior arsenal. 

New players have access to far better firepower than we did when we got started.  There always seems to be some low rank guy waiting outside my apartment building with an SMG these days.

Melraz would have killed him 15 more times while I asked him to have mercy on him, then offer him a ride in his car and a spot in the XBox chat room.

I've messaged low-level guys like that before with "sorry, dood, just noticed your rank. I'll lay off."

I'm tired of looking like everyone else in the game. You notice how about 90 percent of the guys look the same? At one point, Rockstar gave me the opportunity to change my character - once - and I went for it with gusto, changing into a very white dude with a blonde mohawk. Totally different look. But when they took all of our hard-unearned money away and reset most of us to $550,000, they changed my character back to the way he originally looked and haven't offered me an opportunity to change it since.

Ishi and Uzimaki were complete folders, especially Ishi. She (?) got killed twice, I think, once by Robert and once by Mis, and she threw it into passive. C'mon, you pansies, fight! Then again, when you and Melraz left yesterday afternoon, J.T., I looked at the list of players and it was me and those three dudes that we we warring with. I'm like "3 on 1? Screw that, not giving them the satisfaction" and left.

The lower rank guys in that trio had more fight in 'em than the Rank 500 guy.  They chased me all over Vinewood and the high rank guy would always let Spongebob27 and BadJayMau5 advance first.

Probably because I would always put a sticky bomb at the entrance to an alley before entering it and looking for cover.  Spongebob27 blundered into the sticky bomb trap I set in that one car park, but I was dumb and got too close to the detination.

I learned all of my Car Park ambush tactics from Melraz.  Never ever chase him into a multi-level public garage.  You are following a cobra into its den.

I got Spongebob by putting the sticky bomb on the ceiling of the car park instead of on the ground.  Everyone looks at their feet for traps but no one ever looks up.

I'm tired of looking like everyone else in the game. You notice how about 90 percent of the guys look the same?

But you never change your outfit or your hair.  You, Rippa, and Dolfan make me feel bad because I don't wear suits and prefer the urban commando full battle rattle of leather jackets, jeans, and work boots.

I am way too OCD to not change up my outfit before heading out of my apartment.  I don't change my physical appearance because I hate just about every hairstyle and beard at the barber shop.

A. That's the case probably nine out of 10 times. That's why we generally make a habit of going after the guy with the highest level in the room, 'cause the chances are very good he's all hat and no cattle and needs a good punishing for cheating to get to his level.

B. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying that and simply not holding to a sticky bomb and detonating it right as they came to run me over, killing me and them in the process. I'd gladly trade my death for killing two or three of them. I need a lot of help with my urban warfare tactics. I generally forget sticky bombs. 

I always forget about my grenades. I constantly have to remind myself that I have explosives at my disposal.

When the trio we fought yesterday was headed at me at full tilt for another drive-by attempt on my ass, I was like, "Oh, shit. What do I do? HEY, I HAVE A ROCKET LAUNCHER~!"