DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-22-14 - Christmas Show

MGFanJay

Originally I just meant that you don't see that level of character progression anymore. It's usually - as had been mentioned - "dude who did stuff last week is doing different stuff this week."

Originally I just meant that you don't see that level of character progression anymore. It's usually - as had been mentioned - "dude who did stuff last week is doing different stuff this week."

Heck, it's not even doing different stuff. They're just wrestling different guys from week to week and sometimes, that's not even true as evidenced by how many times John Cena and Dolph seem to fight Seth Rollins.

What does that even mean? As opposed to TV writers who specialize in forgetting what the hell their characters were doing last week? I mean ok, admittedly I think WWE has several of those, but it's like saying "fucking up your experiments" is a specialized field in chemistry.

What does that even mean? As opposed to TV writers who specialize in forgetting what the hell their characters were doing last week? I mean ok, admittedly I think WWE has several of those, but it's like saying "fucking up your experiments" is a specialized field in chemistry.

I would hire writers with experience working on serialized TV shows instead of sitcoms or other formats that rely on a more episodic format. They just need to find people with an eye for serialized storytelling.