DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

God...Internet Explorer just absolutely sucks... I would rather be running fucking netscape at this point...fuck IE.

With that out of the way, I am jealous of your Y2 Mask of the 3rd Man drop JT...but stay tuned for what follows.

I didn't get to finish the raid last night, I ate dinner while watching Mad Max Fury Road (it was cool, everyone over hyped that shit though) and fell asleep. I was tired from being on the road all day yesterday. I did some shit in game yesterday, but I honestly can't remember what that was. Dailies maybe?

Anyway, so I'm up bright and early this morning, knocked my daily crucible out of the way (and raped the other team with my exotic sword a few times since my bullets were doing no damage), just trying to knock some easy shit out before I get out for the day to handle some business. Slimy sends me an invite (he was showing offline, apparently he already has an oryx cp...fucker) and I jump in to the nightfall not knowing whats what and hadn't even gotten my coffee poured yet.

I was on add duty since I had raid shotgun w/ solar and a solar exotic sword (raze-lighter, which, if I put the raid boots on, and I did, ranks me to 300 light). The sword was one-hitting everything except the axis minotaurs, and I was hitting right trigger on those (for the one hit kill, but it takes 5 heavy ammo per trigger pull as opposed to 1 for right bumper).

Slimy ended up picking up 3 legendary engrams through that strike, the boss didn't shit an exotic engram for me, but I won because my nf reward was a set of young ahamkara's spine for my hunter. Fadeless got 12 strange coins.

Since I already had a 293 set of the spines, I was getting ready to dismantle them, holding x and everything when the coffee finally kicked in and I noticed that they were at 310 light...

Sadly, I put those bad boys on instead of my 295 dead orbit (sniper reloading, great for raid bosses) and it only bumped my light up to 301.

Now I need more exotics, preferably weapons to drop at 310.

• Like 1

Oh I forgot to mention - so one of the drops I got was the Warlock Helmet that looks like the giant shank in Fallen Sabre

It's... weird...

There are class specific drops from certain strikes.  That one drops that helmet for Warlock and the one with the big guy down in the dark dungeon with all the thrall drops a helmet that looks like his head for a Titan.  Not sure about any others although I did get a Flayer Mantle cloak for Hunter from the Dust Palace strike yesterday.

I got a set of Titan gauntlets from the Shield Brothers called Mau'ul's Maulers. They look even more ridiculous than the name. And I LOVE THEM. They're the rare piece of non-raid legendary armor that really looks like nothing else out there.

• Like 1

Jumped on for a Nightfall and Weekly. Picked up the solar version of the 1000-Yard Stare from the Vanguard shop with much better perks than my void and infused it up to 294. It tore through everything in there. Over 40,000 damage to some enemies, not that they needed that much to go down, and using juggler and the Jade Rabbit to me advantage meant i never ran out of primary or special ammo. I was expecting this to be the 'worst case scenario' Nightfall but it was surprisingly easy, not only did we not wipe, i didn't even die. Splash damage from the boss was the hardest part when you are ducked for cover, thank god that wasn't actually solar. But two 297s shooting solar snipers and rockets at him was more than enough. I got a shitty purple auto rifle for my troubles and my friend got 13 strange coins. The game hates us.

• Like 1

Im getting better at Rift

Skirmish today was irritating

Still - I am up around 35% on the Last Word quest

ANd I killed two of the three Champions I need on the Cosmodrome. I can't get anyone to camp the Rocketyard with me :-(

I'm a lot happier with my Plated Ahamkara Grips now that I sharded the ones I got from Xur that needed Wormspores to upgrade and used my EABs to get a set that I can upgrade with Spinmetal. The extra throwing knife that reloads my primary is a nice perk and I am looking forward being able to use Knife Juggler nearly at will without having to burn a perk for Gambler's Dagger.  That still gives me access to OTH for my GG.

Not sure if I will keep the Grips though.  I got a Y1 Celestial Nighthawk yesterday in 28 PoE so now I have the blueprints for a Y2 version.  I'd love to use that EWB and grab it for my Gunslinger, but unfortunately it costs 125 LMs and I don't have that right now.  I had a lot of success with the YAS when I ran Gunslinger, so if Xur has Exotic Gauntlet engrams I may buy a couple to see if I get lucky.

I've also cobbled together a set of blue armor with Arc perks from engrams and a Arc damage artifact to wear with my Y2 Third Man Mask so that I can start grinding skill nodes for Bladesinger with bounties..

All I need now is a chest piece, boots, and artifact with Void benefits to use for Nightstalker, but I am using the Oryx story missions to level that up so it will be a little easier.  I am hoping that Xur will sell the Nightstalker helmet this Friday but something tells me he will have a Y2 version of something Y1 like the fucking Alpha Lupi chest armor he sells like every other Friday.

I'll probably end up buying whatever weapon Xur on Friday has if it means new grimoire for me.  I hope it is the Supercell or a Y2 Monte Carlo since the blue gaunts I will use for my Bladedancer and Nightstalker (if Xur has the Nightstalker helmet for sale) have Auto-Rifle Loader on them.

Crappy connections, night shift burnout, and shitty Destiny servers kept me from doing too much today.  I got my Vanguarding done but I still have to camp this Blighted Decendant asshole for my last QW bounty.  Running into the same problem as Rippa in that there aren't enough players around the Citadel on Venus to help bring this fucker down and when there are, I caterpillar at the worst possible time.

Three more nodes to update on Gunslinger and it is back to the Crucible to see what's what.  I don't have the armor misgivings that some players have, but I am not going in there without max battle recovery.

Once again I am close to the Glimmer cap, so I will buy the Octavian that Amanda has on sale for laughs and to add another Blue jumpship to my collection.  They are a lot more interesting looking than the dumb Purples from the old Vanguad strike playlist.

Looking forward for my second Armsday and double dipping Vanguard bounties with weapon testing.

Well, Mis don't be too jealous about my Y2 Mask of the Third Man.  The ATS/8 Tarentella chest armor is that new hotness for Bladedancers.  It is pretty much a version of the Ram for Bladedancers and the perks are sick.  I am definitely buying it when Xur sells it.

And thanks to the PD review Vid, I have found new love for the Plated Ahamkara Grasps especially with a Nightstalker PvP build.

Here's a review of the Graviton Forfeit for those of you running Hunters and weighing your Nightstalker options.

The free use of Shadestep and Keen Scout looks pretty rad in PvP, but Keen Scout doesn't sound very useful in PvE.

Envenomed Smoke / Lockdown used in tandem with Monte Carlo's weapon perk and Vortex Grenades could be the most broken thing that Nightstalkers can have in PvP, but I am not sure how well that will translate to PvE.  From what I've played as a Nightstaker, critters seem to respect my Voidfire grenades more than my poison smoke in game.

Hmmmm.

Looks like the daily is the Black Spindle mission again. I assume the patch coming today is the one to drop it down to it's intended 290. I probably won't get chance to get on today so if it is I don't feel too bad about missing out.

Ditto.   Graveyard Shift is over in an hour and coffee is steadily wearing off.   If I get on, I will continue to grind Vanguard Bounties and also put in some work on Banshee's new test weapons.  Gunslinger skill nodes are nearly at 100% and next will be Bladesinger.

Grinding Nightstalker with Oryx story missions.

Also have to camp that damned Blighted Descendant in the Citadel.

Once Gunslinger has 100% node completion I can finally get in some PvP and find out how rusty I am at using GG in the Crucible.

Who am i kidding, i couldn't resist it. Got home late, its 11:30, I've got to get up for work in just over 6 hours but the Black Spindle is mine. God damn is that fight insane. We had 5 attempts at it, killed the boss every time but just couldn't finish off the adds. All came together on the last run and we did it with 15 seconds to spare. Scored the ship as well. Pretty happy with that.

Didn't want to risk them 'fixing' it back to 290 so i brought 9, infused one up to 307 then infused all my other exotic specials, my 2 1000-yard stare snipers, and a Sidearm up to 298-300. I'm 299.5 now, one solid raid drop, hopefully on Friday, and i crack the magic 300!

• Like 1

Played a bit this afternoon after my first sleep cycle.  Did the Daily with my DARPA homie who was home teleworking today. Settled for the LMs since neither he nor I am anywhere near ready to make a run at Black Spindle.

We also camped the Citadel for the Blighted Descendant and finally knocked out the last of this week's Queen's Wrath (RIP Mara Sov) bounties.

Gunslinger should be leveled up enough tomorrow after tomorrow's Vanguarding for me to jump back into the PvP waters and see just how much the little skill I had has atrophied.  I have 8 Crucible bounties on me as well as these dumb Crucible related quests which I should finish sometime in the summer of 2025.

Then I have the unenviable task of grinding Bladesinger skill nodes and my Y2 Mask of the Third Man.  Fun.... not...

Got to Rank 2 with Banshee and put an order in for Armsday.  I ordered the SUROS Auto-Rifle to use with my Blue AR Loader gauntlets.   I will make a Glimmer run when I get home from work so that I can put in for a Sniper Rifle to use to infuse my 1000-Yard Stare.

I now have one set of Blue chest armor and boots to wear with each sub-class.  I still need a Void-buff artifact.  I have an alternate set of gauntlets to wear with my Y2 Mask of the Third Man and for now, I will use the Sealed Ahamkara Grasps with Gunslinger and Nightstalker. 

Eventually I will sort out this Exotic armor load out thing for my sub-classes.. 

I am leaning towards just rolling with Exotic Helmets for all three Subclasses (Symbiote, Third Man, Graviton) to keep item swap time down to a minimum, but I was pretty impressed by the PD review of the Ahamkara Grasps synergy with Nightstalker and that fucking Tarantella body armor for Bladesingers has sick perks.

The Y2 Ahamkara Spine for Gunslingers also has a good perk set at least on paper but IMO, TG's are better suited for PvP play than PvE.  The chance for reciprocal damage (ie. accidentally blowing yourself up) is way too great in PvP.

This exercise should knock off by next Wednesday and I am going to burn this comp time and take a couple of days off.   That's when I will push to finish doing the story missions as a Nightstalker so I can have access to Dreadnaught patrols.