DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I honestly believe a found verdict at 365 would serve you better for the adds (captains) than a sniper rifle, from what my guys are telling me.

Oh yeah, don't bring a sniper, you don't want to be caught looking down your sight, lining up a shot. Fang/Fatebringer, Found Verdict, Gjallarhorn is all I ever rock in there.

Fang/Fatebringer for pretty much everything. Found Verdict for Captains getting the jump on you. Gjallarhorn for burning Skolas when the time comes and clearing the area for mines.

That being said, i still have a templar save Phil, in case you want to try and get a fatebringer or timepiece this evening.

I will be on for like a hour tonight before RAW so don't wait around for me.

I kinda decided yesterday that I think I am going to crank through another game (since I finished Borderlands 2 yesterday) and minimize my Destiny time before Taken King comes out.

Most likely this means I will just play ME3 multiplayer because I am an idiot

You are an idiot, dude. :)

I am almost an idiot for being all "Hmm.  ME3 co-op....." but then remembering that I really kinda do want that Year One emblem.

And yeah, Mis. I am all about giving up looks for the win but I used the Armored & Weapon Cores from this week's P0E runs on Judgment's Chance and got Shadow of Veils.  I shoulda got the gauntlets but what's done is done.  :(

I plan on trying to do the 32 and 34 PoE after reset and using the cores on armor and the weapon of the week if it turns out to be a good secondary.  I've also heard that Found Verdict is a good secondary to use, but there has to be other secondary weapons that are just as or nearly as effective. 

I know that Budy still needs to kill Skolas so we may want to hit him up to see if he is up for it or if he even wants to make the attempt.  If Brawler / Juggler comes up this week, I am down by law for rolling with whatever we've got and kacking Skolas.

And yeah, Mis. I am all about giving up looks for the win but I used the Armored & Weapon Cores from this week's P0E runs on Judgment's Chance and got Shadow of Veils

Mis and Basara speak the truth.  Don't bother with the sniper.  Shadow of Veils isn't anything special.  It's no more effective than an LDR or Low Grade Humility etc. 

I've also heard that Found Verdict is a good secondary to use, but there has to be other secondary weapons that are just as or nearly as effective. 

It's high points are that it's arc and it has a high rate of fire(full auto).  If you don't have a Found Verdict, you can roll any of the HoW shotty's until they are arc and have a full auto perk.  Judgment VI from New Monarchy has a pretty high rate of fire on its own so rolling it until it has full auto isn't completely necessary. 

But regardless, you're going to want a shotty.  Vandals and arc shield Captains are going to be all up in your shit inevitably no matter how good you are and you have to be able to dispatch them quickly. 

And if you aren't one yourself, I'd recommend having at least one Titan in the group.  Preferably with Saint-14.  That bubble is a life saver. 

Sage Advice received and taken to heart.  I will get my hands on an Arc Shotty. 

I want to do 32 and 34 PoE this week so I will used the cores to get the Judgment armor if it has Fallen bane and the Judgement weapon if it turns out to be the Judgment shotty.

If Variks doesn't have the Judgment shotty on Reset Day, then I will just reroll my Dry Rot 32 until it does Arc and at least has Full Auto and get it leveled up and ELed to 365 dmg as fast as I can.

Either that or we can try another VoG run after Reset and I can pray that Found Verdict falls for me so that I can get it leveled up in a hurry.

I work 7 days this week but I am on day shift, so I should be around in the afternoons and evenings barring any Dad and Boyfriend stuff I need to do.

And if you aren't one yourself, I'd recommend having at least one Titan in the group.  Preferably with Saint-14.  That bubble is a life saver. 

Assuming they wait for me - I am the Defender Titan with Saint-14.

If not me - it will be slimy. If they want to actually beat him - they are far better off with slimy

Assuming they wait for me - I am the Defender Titan with Saint-14.

If not me - it will be slimy. If they want to actually beat him - they are far better off with slimy

Boom.  You can do it man.  It's not too bad.  Just have to have some patience.  It's a fairly time consuming and hectic fight and I think a lot of groups will get frustrated when you get far and then wipe and have to start from scratch.  If you go in with that in mind and everyone has a good attitude you'll get it done and it will be fun. 

JT, that Judgment VI shotty is actually the one that you can buy from New Monarchy for Crucible marks.  Assuming you have NM at rank 3, you can just go buy it whenever and reforge it to arc damage.  But yeah that Dry Rot would be a fine shotty with arc damage.  Same for like the Party Crasher or Matador if you could somehow get the roll to full auto and arc which could be costly since it's random when you reforge it. 

Rippa make sure you go blessing of light and not weapons on your bubble.  Weapons of light doesn't have any effect on Ghorn and the extra health from blessing is a big deal in that fight.  And there are a good amount of yellow enemies around so you should be able to get bubbles pretty often but teammates should be chaining supers so you have near constant orbs.  Make sure to have the perk where enemies shooting your bubble generates orbs of light too.  And if there are warlock(s) in the group remind them to not hold their super if there are orbs on the ground.  Just pop that super off and make orbs and collect the ones that were already there and they'll be replenished quickly and not lose self res. 

I generally run Blessing when doing Raids or PoE

Though I did run Weapons earlier this week because JT's buddy was also a Titan Defender so we could rock both bubbles

And yeah - I always use Gift of the Void.

I also love getting a Blast Shield Medal during fucking PoE - it is always so random (that and Medic)

One of these days I should really figure out all the Crucible Medals you can get in non-Crucible situations

But yeah that Dry Rot would be a fine shotty with arc damage.

Just transferred the Weapon Parts from my Titan to my Hunter and got my Motes out of the Vault via Bungie,net.  I am just going to reroll my Dry Rot 32 tonight when I get online and start slamming bounties to level it up.  I've got an extra EL in my vault I can use to make it 365 Attack.

I have a feeling that Variks's weapon of the week is going to disappoint me so I may as well prep for it.

Hopefully I get the specs I want without spending a billion in Glimmer.

Jt, we could run poe on 32 with your titan or warlock to get another armor core.

That being said, i would recommend bringing a bubble titan or self res warlock into the 35 poe for obvious reasons. Im undecided which one i will bring, it depends on who our third is and what they are running. Im leaning towards titan though, becauwe i have a full aet of titan armor from Varricks with maxed intellect on it, and i have the saint 14 helm as well. Im not sure how effective a bladedancer will be against those enemies.

An argument could made for the invisible ability for mines and resurr2ctions & whatnot, but i believe a gunslingers ability to smoke adds and create orbs for the titan's bubble would be more useful in the grand scheme of things..just some food for thought.

That being said, load up on hand cannon telemetry, we gotta get that fatebringer up to snuff for this fight.

Oh, and the found verdict drops from templar as well, so we can do that part on your warlock and titan for two shots at that hopefull

Looks like Wolfborne Oath is a Solar Damage shotty, the specs are static, and reviews say it is a pretty crap weapon, so I am going to reroll my Dry Rot and get a Shotgun Telemetry to bring it up to snuff. 

I've been leveling Fatebringer all weekend and am up to the Ascendant Energy nodes, so between my usual PvE and PvP routine it should be ready very shortly maybe even by end of gameplay tonight.

I think I would be better off going in as a Bladesinger.  I would be total crap for making orbs but being able to go invis and making clutch revives saved our asses more than a few times last week in 34 PoE.  The trade off being that I would get my ass beat by retaliation melee while Arc Blading while running Stalker instead of Hungering Blade.

I'd have to stick to clearing out Vandals and Dregs with my Super and killing Captains from range.  I could still contribute to orb production by targeting Dreg and Vandal majors unless Lightswitch was on.

Jt, we could run poe on 32 with your titan or warlock to get another armor core.

My Voidwalker is 31, but he has 91 CMs so that should get me a piece of PvP armor that should put me at 32 to run 32 PoE, but that fucking Qodron run was a nightmare at 34.  Going to be even worse at 32 even though I pretty much know what to do to beat him.

I am up for running VoG as my Warlock if there is a fireteam online do it.  Any shot at FV or a Mythoclast is worth it, even though I won't run the VM against Skolas.

I think I might spend my time in the Crucible with my Warlock tonight since in looking at my remain Grimoire progress - I need to kill 201 more dudes to finish that off (I still need to kill over a 1000 dudes with my Hunter)

And I really hate having the two exotic weapons that are PS exclusives being on my checklist.

That may end up being the biggest reason I get Taken King - just so I can get those

And I really hate having the two exotic weapons that are PS exclusives being on my checklist.

That may end up being the biggest reason I get Taken King - just so I can get those

Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo are pretty coveted weapons and there was a buff to Four Horseman's range that turned it from gag gift to total beast overnight.

Hawkmoon is more ridiculous than Thorn is if you can believe that.

Actually the amount of PS stuff I am missing in general is making me twitch

I hear ya.  I'd like to unlock the weapon and Crucible map cards in my Grimoire deck, but those PS exclusive strikes are pretty reviled.  Even the PS folks complain about them.

I don't care about quality - I am willing to sit through everything once for the fucking card

Funnily - I noticed that I have yet to get the Raid Introduction Grimoire card because it seems like I always join a Raid halfway through.

I mean you get the thing at 5 Raids - I have only credit for 4

I don't care about quality - I am willing to sit through everything once for the fucking card

Oh, I don't care either if people hate them.  I am all about boosting my Grimoire score and my OCD trumps their ADD.

I am reading up on Skolas strats on Reddit.  You guys will have to give me the lowdown on this Tainted Light deal.

Looks like the basic plan is the same one for Skolas as it was for Kaliks.  Thinning the add herd takes priority over damaging Skolas. 

The prospect of having to deal with defusing mines does not make me feel great either.  Why can't it just be the mines you blow up with a weapon?

That's what makes the fight difficult.  You kill the adds, then damage Skolas, and once you damage him enough, more adds come out and you do the same process again.  All while this is going on and adds are every fucking where and Skolas is shooting his fucking cannon at you, mines are popping up across the map that you have to go and defuse.  That's why a good shotty and a ghorn are your friend, just for quickness of getting rid of the assholes.  If you go with a hunter, I think a decent strategy would be to use the exotic gauntlets that give you invis from crouching.  So you could still use gunslinger and make more orbs and not put yourself in harms way like if you were bladedancing and you still have some invisibility. 

I will just follow directions over chat, shoot at adds, and revive whomever gets kacked.  If we don't have a Sunsinger then mine duty is on me. 

We will just thin the herd so I have room to run and then bait and switch when it is time for me to make mine diffuse runs and hopefully my timing will be really fucking good.

I am reading up on Skolas strats on Reddit.  You guys will have to give me the lowdown on this Tainted Light deal.

Looks like the basic plan is the same one for Skolas as it was for Kaliks.  Thinning the add herd takes priority over damaging Skolas.

Skolas is really the last thing that will kill you in that encounter. You are far more likely to die to adds, mines and taint. He's almost an afterthought. Our strategy is this:

Things you need to understand about the encounter first. Adds spawn when Skolas health drops to set levels. For the first 40% of so of his health you will only be doing real damage to him when you have killed the special white Servitors (think Atheon and the relic). At around 60% you will see that 'The bonds have broken' or something and you can damage him like anyone else. Also at that point The Taint will come into effect. the Taint will kill whoever it effects in 30 seconds so you have to pass it around. Each time you pass it you are immune for 35 seconds so its very important to stick together and have a set order. Separate and its basically a wipe. At 50% and 25% you will have 3 mines to defuse. They work exactly the same as any other mines in the Prison. 

When we enter the prison we immediately circle to the left onto that stage looking platform. There will be a white servitor there, kill it and get a few hits in on Skolas, don't wast your rockets, just do what you can until the adds start to spawn. At this point you're going to forget all about shooting Skolas and focus on the adds. If you drop his health to the next set level then more adds spawn and you've got twice as many to kill. Kill as much as possible from that platform but the second you feel like you are getting overwhelmed circle to the left once more to the next stage. Its the one that's almost opposite to where you enter the prison. Continue killing adds. Again, if you feel they are getting to close, circle left again all the way around the map back to your original stage. Don't risk it, as soon as you are remotely in danger circle around. The enemies will be clustered up enough near your last location that you wont have to deal with too many on your trips around the map. Once the adds are all dead hunt down that white Servitor, kill it, and damage Skolas as much as you can until more adds spawn. Rinse and repeat this until 'The Bonds are Broken'.

Now you have the Taint to deal with but you don't have to worry about the white Servitors anymore. It will only effect one person at a time. If you die it will move onto someone else and reset the timer. When you transfer it to someone you will be immune for 35 seconds so you cant just keep passing it between 2 people. Set the order, stick together at all times. The player with the Taint should call out at 10 seconds and pass it to the next with 5-10 seconds to spare. This way you will never get to the point where everyone is immune. Same tactics as before, kill everything before doing any damage to Skolas, only now you have the Taint to remember.

At 50% comes the first set of mines. If you're going to die, its going to be here. You have mines, Skolas, adds and the Taint to contend with. You wont have time to clear the adds before the mines hit so kill as many as possible before the first one is out. I like to stay near the second stage platform because its close to 2 of the mines. If you are lucky it will be far left, center, far right. It probably wont be. And because of the Taint it makes it difficult to separate and do one each. My advice for these is each launch a couple of rockets at and around the adds at the first mine then get over there and bunker up. If you are low on orbs and can only pop one super i'd save the Titan shield for the middle mine, because that's where most of the enemies will be. Same again, nuke the enemies near the mine with Gjallarhorns and move in. If you are short on time you can still pull it off with a Warlock. Give him the Taint, head over the the last mine, if he dies with the taint he can resurrect and give your team a little breathing room.

Once the first wave of mines are taken care of its back to Taint passing, add killing, and Skolas damage. Once hes down to 25% the second set of mines spawn. Same tactics as the first.

Congratulations, if you've made it this far you've pretty much done it.

No more surprises now. Call out the Taint and transfer it like you have been, kill the adds before damaging Skolas. Once he's down to about 5% and the adds are dead break out the Gjallarhorns and end him.

A couple of tips. For the first half of the encounter, before the taint and mines, make as many orbs as possible so there are plenty around for Titan bubbles during mines and those scetchy moments. Don't use rockets on the adds if Skolas is near. The last thing you want to do is accidentally hit him with a bunch of gallys, drop his health, and have the next lot of adds spawn while you're still dealing with the previous lot. Take your time. This isn't Atheon or Crota where you just want to get them dead, damage him too fast and you have too many adds to deal with. The percentages i used are a rough estimate to give you an idea of when things are going to happen. The fight itself will probably take 10-15 mins.

Any questions, hit me up.

• Like 3