DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Wasn't on a lot over the weekend.  Got my first On The Bright Side medal with my dedicated Bladesinger after losing a heartbreaker Control match on Saturday and stole a Clash match on Sunday.

Finally went and got the last three HoW Dead Ghosts I was missing so now my card sets for the Vex and the Fallen are complete again.

Aww.... I have 11 On The Bright Sides

Yeah, but this is for the Hunter I re-rolled.  The difference between my "I have no idea what I am doing" Titan stats and my "I kinda have an idea of what to do" new Hunter stats is alarming.

There is going to be another Weapon Tuning patch hitting right before TTK.  Expect AR's not to suck in PvP anymore and SR's are going to get more love in the hope that people actually start using them in the Crucible.. 

Hand Cannons are expected to get a slight buff since Weapon Tuning 1.0 turned all non-exotic HC's into paperweights.

Omnigul with rainbow burn this week. Should be an easy one. It's not going to be any harder than an Omnigul arc week but you've got the added bonus of burn damage on any heavy hitting weapon to prefer to use.

Omnigul with rainbow burn this week. Should be an easy one. It's not going to be any harder than an Omnigul arc week but you've got the added bonus of burn damage on any heavy hitting weapon to prefer to use.

Fallen ambush at the Skywatch should be dirt simple to deal with via countersniping with P&T so long as someone keeps an eye out for the Shanks that randomly show up and shoot you in the back while you are aiming down your gunsights.

The Weekly is Winter's Run with Void Burn making the Mino and Hydra encounters slightly more problematic.

Unless my schedule is off, IB should be this week.

Had one of the worst Control units in recent memory yesterday.  I was the only guy on my squad above a 1.0 K/D and above 3K points. 

I had 4 captures (player on the other team had 5, so I didn't get Objectively Correct).  I got First Blood, had three Double Downs, one Triple Down (Gutted), and scored on an At Any Cost medal and earned an Overwatch and an Enforcer medal while covering one of the idlers on my team. 

Not sure how much more I could've done.

I played like crap in my fourth match of the day.  2 Back In Action medals..  urgh..

5th match was a win to finish up two bounties (Win 3 Matches, Compete in 5 Control Matches) and I made enough of a contribution to be content at the end of the run.

I was thankful that I experienced 2 dcons yesterday while heading through the jump portal into two matches.   From the looks of the results and knowing my luck, I probably would've ended up on the crap teams that got whooped.   Both of the matches ended decisively.   Neither of the losing teams broke 8K points.

I will have good internet tonight, but I am not sure if I will be online.  Custody weekend is also coming up on Friday so playtime will be limited.

Weapon Tuning 2.0

I like the changes, even some of the nerfs.  Normally I hate the whole "we want you to play this way" reasons for doing things, but even I know that the reason I get so many random invites to do Nightfalls first thing in the morning on Reset Day is because I have Gally equipped.

I knew they'd fix the ADS bug with TLW sooner or later.  Damn.

The nerfs that bothers me are the +3 seconds per round added to Icebreaker ammo recharge time and the Hand Cannon nerfs. 

1. 3 seconds per round increases recharge time for six rounds from 30 seconds to nearly a minute.  That is an eternity in game time and the impact will be worse in PvP than it will in PvE.

2. The HC damage falloff addresses the problem with Exotics HC's but does not add value to Legendary HCs.  PR's will remain the primary weapon of choice for close to medium range engagements.  Legendary HC primaries can't compete with Legendary FRs at medium range or Legendary Shotguns at close range.

We already covered this old man :-)

I am old and have meetings in the mornings.  I don't always remember to go back a few pages in the thread.

I am not a big Icebreaker user, but the changes are drastic.

The Gally nerf does not bother me.  It has always puzzled me why some people don't understand the hate they get when they post their "Nightfall was easy.  Everyone on my fireteam used Gallt." crap. 

NOT EVERYONE OWNS A BALLERHORN~!

Bungie pretty much does not want anyone to use Legendary Hand Cannons in PvP.  The nerfs will keep players who use them out of mid-range engagements with PR and FR users and they will get their asses shot off in close range engagements by Shotgun rushers.

I think IB should fall next week? The last one was on the 30th and it's every 4 weeks right?

I'm not a fan of the weapons tuning. Granted it's a wait and see thing since they don't take effect till September but at this rate I won't be playing it enough for it to effect me.

I haven't used Ice Breaker or Black Hammer in forever, I favour shotguns now to add a bit of fun to the game. But after the tuning I'll have even less reason to use them.

I think I said before, if the problem with the Gjallarhorn is it excludes people from playing then don't make it exclusive. Add it to Xurs rotation so anyone who wants to, can use it. Don't potentially cripple it for everyone else. And if the problem is people just use it to burn down bosses then don't make your boss fights unimaginative bullet sponges. Have the mechanics make it challenging like the Atheon fight. Don't just re-paint an ogre or a Gate Lord, give them a half assed gimmick but still ultimately be able to nuke them before it sets in.

I think IB should fall next week? The last one was on the 30th and it's every 4 weeks right?

I thought it fell on the third week of the month or at least it seemed like it did.

3 uneventful Nightfalls and still no boots. Nothing Manacles , Monte Carlo and Universal Remote to add to the exotic shard collection. Kind of happy with the Universal Remote at least. Despite buying one from Xur, this is the first time I've actually had one drop for me in game. Everyone complaining about no Gjallarhorns should know my pain of having to play 730 freakin hours for a Universal Remote!

I was on long enough last night to log in an acceptable if average performance in a Control match (1.09 K/D in a win) and then pass out so that I could get up at 4AM this morning and make the long commute to work. 

Also made an attempt to join a 32 PoE fireteam of randoms, but got booted because I am a 32 and they had a 33 ask to join the team after I got the invite.   I am probably not going to beat Skolas before this Triumph emblem deal deadline hits.

I need some Salvage medals for my new Bladedancer so I may get Thorn out of the Vault and hit that up after I finish the 5 Clash Match bounty left over from yesterday.

jNa0S8p.jpg

People still complain about the cutscene in the Queen's throne room popping in every time you complete the Eye of a Gate Lord mission.  If the writers let the Speaker tell us of the Great Battle or if the Exo Stranger took the time to explain what she didn't have time to explain, who would actually listen?

The sad thing is that knowing the player base, I would be the only guy in the history of Destiny that would actually watch multi-minute cutscenes about the Battle of Twilight Gap, the showdown at Dwindler's Ridge between Shin Malphur and Dredgen Yor, the sacking of Freehold by the Cabal. or Kabr's assault on the Vault of Glass.

I like the game lore but there are a lot of TLDR / ADD players that would totally click past it. I am one of like two people that actually reads his Grimoire cards.

Crucible is a lot more fun when Rippa and I are wrecking shop at the same time.  Dudes got the Pounce and wigs were split.

We lost a heartbreaker in a Clash match on Twilight Gap.  Our team sucked.  Rippa and I had more points than our other four team members combined.

The top three members of our team (Me, Rippa, and a guy name galligansisland) dragged two n00bs and a 34 that obviously played more PvE than PvE to victory. 

"lyen king" probably squealed like a school girl when we pulled ahead with minutes to spare and finally won.

I didn't mind the cutscenes the first time through

The problem is them not be skipable after the first time.

There is a finite number of times I want to know I've awoken the Hive

I didn't mind the cutscenes the first time through

The problem is them not be skipable after the first time.

There is a finite number of times I want to know I've awoken the Hive

That is the effect of the voice of Dinklebot grating on your nerves.

Went to my 'rents house for lunch since I am house sitting for them while they are in Blacksburg visiting my brother.  Hit the Crucible and got a win in Clash (16 Kills - 7 Deaths).

Have probably jinxed myself for the PvP part of tonight's gaming.  Will probably win one more match immediately and chase the third for this bounty.

Trials this weekend will randomly pick from the 6 maps that have already been used in the past

Why does the good stuff in Trials always happen during my custody weekends?  I think that you, me, Mis and or one of Mis's buddies would make a decent showing in ToO. 

I didn't do much in game yesterday.  Had to take a friend home when his car broke down here at the office.  He lives in Newport News so it was a two hour trip going and coming back to the 'rents, but that's cool because I know this guy would do the same for me if I were in trouble like that.

Started yesterday off with a solid Clash win in the Crucible but then lost three straight because of the damn Win 3 Matches bounty curse.  Backed into a second win in Clash and then decided to trick the Crucible Gods and got into a Salvage match.  Finally got some Salvage medals for my new Hunter (Disruptor, Saboteur, Shutout, Relic Hunter) and got my third win for that bounty.

That is a grand total of five wins in Salvage.  My wins in Control and Clash are in the triple digits.

Well at least Xur has a weapon this (it's only p&t)

I was bummed that he didn't have an Exotic Boots Engram.  I wanted to try my luck at getting Bones of Eao.

Poor, poor, vendor version of Young Ahamkara's Spine.  Max Discipline of only 106 or so at Light 42.  No Gunslinger these days would equip that in favor of the Symbiote or Celestial Nighthawk especially since the Tripmine Perk still doesn't let you respawn with full grenade energy.

The Legendary gear that Variks and Brother Vance sells in the Reef have stat values of at least 150.  My Mask of the Third Man has much higher stat values than the vendor version and it only boosts my Intellect +122.

All of the old Exotic armor pieces need stat buffs.

Weekly Update just blew my mind. 

Factions will have their own guns. Classes will have their own guns. More Quests will lead you directly to specific guns. Even the Gunsmith will have a new way to include you in his enterprise. We’ll inspect all of that as well before you earn the means to equip yourselves to meet a rising threat.

Looks like there will even be some sort of branding involved ala Masaumune' Shirow's fictional weapon dealer, Seburo, that makes all of the guns for his various manga storylines. 

Weapons will be fleshed out by manufacturer (Hakke, SUROS, Omolon), class, faction and Lord knows what else. 

TLDR: WEAPON SKINS~!

Hunter using a Omolon hand cannon.

header_blog.jpg

Titan with a SUROS scout rifle.

suros_scout_game_small_1.jpg

Titan with a Hakke auto rifle.

hakke_autorifle_game_small_1.jpg

Finally there will be guns that actually look like they were designed in the future. 

Just when I think I am going to quit, something like this rolls around.