DVDVR Message Board

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year!

The Natural

Usually we do some set watching on Xmas. Muppet Family Christmas. Garfield Special. Maybe the He-Man/She-Ra one. A few other things. But after doing Muppet Family, we were waiting for the 6 year old to get up and I put on some Jack Benny Christmas episodes for the 11 year old and she was cracking up, which was a nice surprise and a potential gateway to other things. So that was a good morning so far. Anyway, Happy Holidays, guys.

• Like 5

It's New Year over here! Let's hope 2024 doesn't suck as much as this decade has so far. 2023 was not without merit, but holy shit, could we please have a decent one while my last good years are still winding down!?

Everyone out there, have fun, stay safe and alive, appreciate life and people around you, while they are still there! This is a good, fun place. Let's keep it that way! There is still hope, even for wrestling (fans)!

• Like 1

This has been the most exhausting week. My uncle finally left back to his exile in Missouri where his own daughters won't have anything to do with him. This is probably because he's an ex-con, hates their mother, and has done worse things that I don't want to get into and my parents unfortunately excuse. 

HOWEVER. I have made some resolutions and I am going to do my best to stick to them. 

- No drinking. Period. This week was the last call. If I have to start going to meetings at night even, I will. 

- Keto diet. My mom is with me on this, so I have some aid there. 

- Exercise. The treadmill is in the garage waiting for me. 

So, hopefully I can get my shit together in the next couple months and start looking for work ASAP. This isn't gonna be easy, but I've reached as far out as I can go and I have to crawl back. Last year was probably the worst ones of my life since I was in high school and I can't let this one be the same. 

Thanks for listening. 

• Like 3