DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

One more piece of real talk about Florida State that I don’t want to sound as if I don’t care about Travis now that he’s hurt…if our idiot coach just runs the ball on 1st and 2nd down with either of his 2 starting level RBs, we have a chance. Even if we don’t completely control the LoS our RBs are good enough in case that happens. 

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

One more piece of real talk about Florida State that I don’t want to sound as if I don’t care about Travis now that he’s hurt…if our idiot coach just runs the ball on 1st and 2nd down with either of his 2 starting level RBs, we have a chance. Even if we don’t completely control the LoS our RBs are good enough in case that happens. 

Florida and Florida State are both going to be without their starting QB, so I guess it's a bit of a "who can adjust better" type of thing.

Washington and Washington State have agreed to continue the Apple Cup thru at least 2028

They will play at Lumen Field in Seattle in 2024 and then alternate between campuses for the 4 years after that

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Florida and Florida State are both going to be without their starting QB, so I guess it's a bit of a "who can adjust better" type of thing.

I’d go as far as to say we could be better off without Travis, but not because Travis isn’t the best quarterback. The rest of the team is more than good enough to carry more weight, especially the RBs. 

• Haha 1

my first impression of seeing the North Alabama head coach was "dude doing community service coaching a football team" (the NAU head coach is a 38 year old who was an assistant at Kansas (jumping from NAIA to FBS to join Les Miles), Middle Tennessee State and Florida Atlantic).

Also, in other football, the university I graduated from crushed their opponent in the first round of the D2 playoffs and they're off to play a game in Searcy, Arkansas next week vs the 1 seed.

50 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Also, in other football, the university I graduated from crushed their opponent in the first round of the D2 playoffs and they're off to play a game in Searcy, Arkansas next week vs the 1 seed.

My old school won their first round D3 game and now will play... uh, Mount Union in the second round. Well, that'll probably be the end at the same point as last year, but such is life.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic