DVDVR Message Board

POLL 7/2-7/8 - WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? where? who? how??

WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Mistico vs. Titan - CMLL VIERNES ESPECTACULAR
    • Angel de Oro, Niebla Roja & Templario vs. Atlantis Jr., Star Jr. & Volador Jr. - CMLL VIERNES ESPECTACULAR
    • El Hijo Del Vikingo vs. Komander - EN VIVO LUCHA LIBRE
    • Damian Priest vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - RAW
    • Erik, Ivar & Valhalla vs. Chad Gable, Otis & Maxxine Dupri - RAW
    • Rhea Ripley vs. Natalya - RAW
    • Seth Rollins vs. Dominik Mysterio - RAW
    • AKIRA vs. Lince Dorado - MLW
    • Juicy Finau & Lance Anoa'i vs. 1 Called Manders & Mance Warner - MLW
    • Blair Davenport vs. Roxanne Perez - NXT
    • Tyler Bate vs. Mustafa Ali - NXT
    • Eddy Thorpe vs. Damon Kemp - NXT
    • Jagger Reid & Rip Fowler vs. Brutus Creed & Julius Creed - NXT
    • Frankie Kazarian vs. Eddie Edwards - IMPACT
    • Jonathan Gresham vs. Alan Angels - IMPACT
    • Lio Rush & Nick Aldis vs. The Motor City Machine Guns - IMPACT
    • Gringo Loco vs. Komander - ROH
    • Christopher Daniels vs. Daniel Garcia - ROH
    • Action Andretti & Darius Martin vs. Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona - ROH
    • Ju Dizz vs. El Primohenio Trebeca - UWN
    • Bateman vs. Bryce Saturn - UWN
    • Zeda Zhang vs. Johnnie Robbie - UWN
    • Adam Cole & MJF vs. Matt Menard & The Butcher - DYNAMITE
    • Kenny Omega vs. Wheeler Yuta - DYNAMITE
    • Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. Darby Allin & Orange Cassidy - DYNAMITE
    • Apollo Crews vs. Riddick Moss - MAIN EVENT
    • Edge vs. Grayson Waller - SMACKDOWN
    • Austin Theory vs. Sheamus - SMACKDOWN
    • Matt Sydal & Trent Beretta vs. Big Bill & Brian Cage - RAMPAGE
    • Adam Page, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs. Alex Reynolds, Evil Uno & John Silver - RAMPAGE
    • HANAKO, Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki vs Aya Sakura, Hazuki & Saya Iida - STARDOM KINGS OF SUMMER PRE-SHOW
    • Waka Tsukiyama & Yuna Mizumori vs. Hina & Miyu Amasaki - STARDOM KINGS OF SUMMER PRE-SHOW
    • Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Ricky Starks - COLLISION
    • Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood vs. Jay White & Juice Robinson - COLLISION
    • CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe - COLLISION

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/17/2023 at 03:59 AM

Do you ever catch yourself thinking "dang, man, I gotta watch more lucha libre"? The universe has heard your quiet prayer and has reacted accordingly. VIKINGO vs. KOMANDER happened in Houston less than a month ago and just went up on Mas Lucha so we're COUNTING it. And CMLL figured "hey let's just run MISTICO vs. TITAN cause we can" and they did.

This was actually a tricky week. No new NWA PowerrR, no NJPW on AXS, no PPV pre-show, no GLEAT. But UWN from the Irvine Improv overachieved (Ju Dizz is a complete product), I dug the MLW main event, there's some good STARDOM undercard freebies. I left some spots open to possibly fill later - anybody catch the NJPW Dojo Spring Showcase? I completely missed it and might tack some stuff on later, lemme know what I missed.

Full links later - here's some stuff
Vikingo vs. Komander https://youtu.be/zeURusFcQ2g?t=5624
Titan vs. Mistico - https://youtu.be/q6-u5g1WvQo?t=3274
STARDOM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUaAPVHTQ4
UWN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOVYRhQEUCU

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

new rule - you have to say your #2 match if you vote FTR/BCG because this week is a squash.

I'm actually gonna go with the Vikingo/Komander bonus match because they open with a lot of llave stuff and take awhile to ramp up to the high spots. I kinda can't believe it but these guys clearly have an ABUNDANCE of veterans in their ears telling them to slow it down and milk the heat, and wouldn't you know it they're actually listening. Then the OC/Darby vs. StrickLee match (if just for the stairs spot), then Mistico vs. Titan, then Rhea vs. Natalya? I think??

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

new rule - you have to say your #2 match if you vote FTR/BCG because this week is a squash.

I'm actually gonna go with the Vikingo/Komander bonus match because they open with a lot of llave stuff and take awhile to ramp up to the high spots. I kinda can't believe it but these guys clearly have an ABUNDANCE of veterans in their ears telling them to slow it down and milk the heat, and wouldn't you know it they're actually listening. Then the OC/Darby vs. StrickLee match (if just for the stairs spot), then Mistico vs. Titan, then Rhea vs. Natalya? I think??

My second favourite match is OC/Darby Vs Swerve/Lee.

• Like 2

Raw was generally solid with some fun matches. Rhea/Nattie was the standout with the two working hard to get a cold crowd completely invested by the end. One of my favorites matches this week.

Bate/Ali was nice with Ali getting to show off some new skills. Eddy/Kemp was so much better than it should have been given how previous Raw Underground matches were. Was super fun with a nice vicious feel and at least one insane bump. Creeds/Dyad was just good all around with an unexpected finish.

The Blind Eliminator matches were both pretty darn fun. Cole and MJF work together just as well as they do against each other. The OC/Darby tag was all about showing off Keith Lee as the badass monster he can be. Omega/Wheeler was nice up until a point. It kind of lost me by the finish.

Sheamus/Theory was solid. Edge/Waller was shockingly good and worked as a great showcase for Waller despite the losing effort.

Trent/Sydal vs. Bill/Cage built into a good power vs. speed match with everyone just gelling so well. 

Hobbs/Starks left me cold. BCG vs. FTR was fantastic, easily the best FTR match this year and reminded me more of the type of great matches they would have in NXT than their AEW work. 

Best match this week is FTR/BCG without question. Won't vote for it since it just doesn't need the extra support at this point. Still need to check out the lucha though if I voted now it would probably be for Rhea/Nattie. 

Vikingo/Komander was interesting. Had a lot of neat stuff, but it felt more like them testing the waters and forming the blueprint of a future great match

The CMLL 6-man tag fun. Mistico/Titan went kind of expected with the first two falls being kind of quick an dnot much as a result but the final fall being pretty damn good-great with the action and drama. 

Voted for Rhea/Nattie so it could get some love, but Titan/Mistico was no. 2 MOTW.