DVDVR Message Board

UFC 287: Pereira vs Adesanya II (04/04/2023) - Miami, FL (Kaseya Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Holy shit! Pereira is KTFO in R2. Adesanya finally beats Pereira at the fourth attempt when Izzy was hurt with his leg and back against the fence taking a combo of punches.

Edited by The Natural

jesus what a KO. I was rooting for Pereira so that was rough and hella unexpected.

I had hoped this would be Cynthia Calvillo's bounce back but it was not to be. I remember when she first came around in 2017, thinking she was an absolute killer, picked her over everyone at the time and thought she'd be a champ for sure, now losing 5 straight. 

Adesanya vs. a different challenger or Izzy vs. Pereira III (V with kickboxing). I'm cool with either. With Izzy vs. Pereira, you know each has the power to put the other away and it's the rubber match.

Edited by The Natural

Holy fuck, what a TKO.  Similar gameplan as the first fight (counterstrike, feint, counterstrike) + more patience = much better results. t Izzy gets his belt back and avenges one of those three losses in tremendous fashion.  That last hammerfist looked like it was personal.  Almost ritual like.  Sort of an exorcism.

It will be interesting to see what adjustments Pereira will make if there is a rubber match.  Izzy will go into the next fight as a two-time champ and he will also go in with the knowledge that he can knock Pereira the fuck out.  Izzy won't be going in as the guy who has never beaten Pereira in his career anymore.  The fog of uncertainty has lifted.

Kelvin Gastelum sharing the Good News during his post fight interview was the best.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1