DVDVR Message Board

POLL 2/11-2/17/2022- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? Hmmmmm

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• KUSHIDA vs Chris Bey- IMPACT!
    • Issei Onitsuka/ Soma Watanabe/ Yu Iizuka vs Yan's Family (Masato Kamino/ Takanori Ito/ Yusuke Kodama)- GLEAT
    • Heath vs Eddie Edwards- IMPACT!
    • Kenny King vs Rich Swann- IMPACT!
    • YOH vs Hiromu Takahashi- New Japan on AXS
    • Willie Mack vs Calvin Tankman- MLW
    • Zoey Skye vs Taya Valkyrie- MLW
    • Liv Morgan vs Asuka- SMACKDOWN
    • Sheamus/ Drew McIntyre vs The Viking Raiders- SMACKDOWN
    • Kaz Hayashi/ Minoru Tanaka vs. Galeno Del Mal/ KAZMA SAKAMOTO- GLEAT
    • AR Fox/ Darius Martin/ Dante Martin vs Kenny Omega/ Matt Jackson/ Nick Jackson- RAMPAGE
    • Ricky Starks vs Daniel Garcia- RAMPAGE
    • Hijo del Pirata Morgan/ Monsther/ Pirata Morgan/ Pirata Morgan Jr vs Puerquiza Extrema (Pig Decapitador/ Pig Destroyer/ Pig Destructor/ Pig Pool)- IWRG
    • Dustin Rhodes vs Shane Swerve Strickland- RAMPAGE
    • Ronda Rousey/ Shayna Baszler vs Shotzi/ Natalya- SMACKDOWN
    • Natalya/ Raquel Rodriguez/ Liv Morgan vs Asuka/ Carmella/ Nikki Cross- RAW
    • Toni Storm vs Ruby Soho vs Britt Baker- DYNAMITE
    • Angelo Dawkins/ Montel Ford vs Finn Balor/ Damien Priest- RAW
    • STRONGHEARTS (CIMA/ El Lindaman/ T-Hawk) vs Black Generation International (Hartley Jackson/ Kaito Ishida/ Kotaro Suzuki)- GLEAT
    • Bayley vs Becky Lynch vs Bianca Belair- RAW
    • Rush/ Preston Vance vs Jon Moxley/ Claudio Castagnoli- DYNAMITE
    • Mark Briscoe vs Josh Woods- DYNAMITE
    • Rey Del Aire VIP 2023 Match- Mistico vs Stuka Jr vs Dragon Rojo Jr vs Soberano Jr vs El Barbaro Cavernario vs Gran Guerrero vs Templario vs Fugaz vs Atlantis Jr vs Panterita del Ring Jr- CMLL
    • Mr. Iguana/ Nino Hamburguesa vs SB KENTo/ Takuma- AAA
    • Daga/ Sam Adonis vs Pentagon Jr/ Psycho Clown- AAA
    • Angelina Love vs La Rosa Negra- NWA PowerrR
    • Grayson Waller vs Tyler Bate- NXT
    • Axiom vs Damon Kemp- NXT
    • Wes Lee vs Von Wagner- NXT
    • Charlie Dempsey vs Hank Walker- NXT
    • GUNTHER vs Madcap Moss- SMACKDOWN
    • Mei Suruga vs Hyena Hera- AEW DARK
    • Kip Sabian vs Gravity- AEW DARK
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs Bronson- AEW DARK
    • Meiko Satomura/ Roxanne Perez vs Kayden Carter/ Katana Chance- NXT
    • BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani/ Hayato Tamura) vs Black Generation International (Kotaro Suzuki/ Yutani)- GLEAT
    • STRONGHEARTS (CIMA/ El Lindaman/ T-Hawk) vs BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani/ Hayato Tamura/ Quiet Storm)- GLEAT
    • Orange Cassidy/ Billy Gunn/ Max Caster/ Anthony Bowen vs Jeff Jarrett/ Satnam Singh/ Jay Lethal/ Sonjay Dutt- DYNAMITE
    • Shigehiro Irie vs Yutani- GLEAT
    • Atlantis Jr/ Místico vs Hijo del Villano III/ Volador Jr- IWRG

Nothing is really jumping out at me.  There was LOADS of Lucha Libre and GLEAT.  MLW returned!  NWA had a good match.  WOW had a good main event again.  AEW made up for dominating last week with kinda offering up some perfectly fine wrestling- the best being either Mark Briscoe/Josh Woods or Ricky Starks/Daniel Garcia.  I was going to go with the Rey Del Aire VIP 2023 Match from CMLL because it is completely fucking insane BUT THEN Sheamus and Drew McIntyre and the Viking Raiders just beat the living dogshit out of each other.  So I'm going with that.  Actually, the best AEW match was MOX/Claudio vs RUSH/ Preston Vance. 

And that's a GIANT cut list.  What a week!

CUT LIST: Jeeves Kay/ Sonny Kiss vs Brock Anderson/ Brian Pillman Jr- AEW DARK; Serpentico vs Christopher Daniels- AEW DARK;  J Spade vs Ari Daivari- AEW DARK; Unagi Sayaka vs Yukari Hosokawa- GLEAT; Steve Maclin vs Rhino- IMPACT!; Red Carpet Rumble- CWFH;  Cody Rhodes vs Baron Corbin- RAW;  La Metalica/ Reyna Isis/ Tiffany vs La Jarochita/ Lluvia / Princesa Sugehit- CMLL;  Virus vs Capitan Suicida- CMLL;  Michin Mia Yim vs Piper Niven- RAW;  60 Seconds (Jun Tonsho/ Oji Shiiba/ Tetsuya Izuchi) vs Black Generation International (Hartley Jackson/ Kaito Ishida/ Kotaro Suzuki)- GLEAT;  Aguila Roja vs Kenji- IWRG;  Legendario/ Rey Halcon/ Shocko vs Jhon Tito/ Noisy Boy/ Spider Fly- IWRG;  Emi Sakura/ Nyla Rose vs Madison Rayne/ Skye Blue- AEW Elevation;  Genesis/ Exodus vs the Tongah Twins- WOW;  Uncle Mikey vs Draco- Memphis;  La Rosa Negra vs Missa Kate- NWA NUFF SAID Preshow; Fuego del Sol/ Leon Ruffin vs Matt Menard/ Angelo Parker- AEW DARK 

Raw was a case of nothing standout despite solid wrestling.

NXT has some nice stuff in Bate/Waller & Meiko/Roxanne vs. KC2 though neither were blow away great or anything.

Skipped most of Dynamite due to not so great reactions on here and elsewhere. did check out Mox/Claudio vs. Rush/Preston. That was good though again nothing blow away. 

Smackdown was pretty good. Sheamus/Drew vs. Viking Raiders was every bit as great as their first match. Gunther/Moss was also pretty darn good and a reminder that Moss is actually good.

Didn't realize Rampage played early so I completely missed it.

YOH/Hiromu was a bit long but pretty good.

Right now its Sheamus/Drew vs. Viking Raiders in the lead for me. Need to check out the lucha matches first, but I have some doubts any of them will change my mind. Still there are some fun ones there to see. 

Edited by Eivion

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

YOH/Hiromu was a bit long but pretty good.

Right now its Sheamus/Drew vs. Viking Raiders in the lead for me. Need to check out the lucha matches first, but I have some doubts any of them will change my mind. Still there are some fun ones there to see. 

Yeah, I was digging the Takahashi match until I was like, "Jesus Christ, are they ever going to take this shit home?"  The Rey del Aire VIP 2023 match is fucking great and I would have voted for it but the Sheamus/McIntyre vs Viking Raiders is EXACTLY what I look for in wrestling.  EDIT:  As was the MOX/Claudio vs RUSH/ Preston Vance match.

• Like 1

It's probably the Rey del Aire even if they couldn't keep the momentum going until the end and I woulda preferred if almost anybody else had won it. Hiromu/YOH was unending and I just don't get why they have to go 30 minutes when the winner isn't ever in doubt. Dynamite was unfortunate and Dustin/Swerve was pretty cool.

Yeah it's the Rey del Aire. Watch it so you can see a majority of the guys that you should care about in CMLL, consider it a big sampler platter. Your life will be better if you learn care about, idunno, Fugaz or somebody.

• Like 2

Rousey/Shayna Vs Natalya/Shotzi was better then I expected it to be. You could tell Rousey wanted to try make Shotzi look as good as possible and probably nearly broke her neck taking that suplex and DDT. 

Sheamus/Drew Vs The Viking Raiders is probably going to be my match of week but I will wait until I have watched Rampage before I vote.

• Like 2

Ended up going with Rey del Aire VIP 2023. Figured it would be good, but somehow it was even better than expected. And that was even with it losing some steam in the final eliminations. Its probably in my top five for the year so far. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 1:19 PM, Brandon Bones said:

How am I supposed to vote when there’s no Bryan Danielson match on the list?  This week is disqualified.

😉

Here here.

Little jumped out at me tbh. Went with GUNTHER vs. Madcap Moss as GUNTHER is the best.

• Like 2

AWESOME!  Somehow we have a tie!  A late surge by Claudio/MOX vs RUSH/ Preston Vance pulls out a tie with the Viking Raiders vs Sheamus/ Drew McIntyre!  AWESOME!

• DEAN unpinned this topic