DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Datto is leading the US team for Titans.

I kind of wish/hope someone asked Aztec to lead the Hunter team purely to fuck with him.

I finally found the full list of captains but not who is participating

I should clarify that Datto, Fallout and Krystal (for the Hunters) are leading the US teams

Houndish is leading the Titans UK team (at least I think it is the Titans team - they all have wacky names)

The rest of the streamers are not folks I recognize (at least at first glance)

• Like 1

In today's TWAB - it was mentioned that all the weapons getting full auto was pushed all the way to Season 19.

I am so glad I didn't purge all my full auto weapons like a few folks suggested

On 5/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, RIPPA said:

Datto, Frostbolt and pattycakes is just an unfair Trials team

Datto is the weakest link on that team, which isn't really saying much.  Frost and Patty are crazy good, but they pretty much wrote the PvP tutorials that the rest of the fanbase follows so it is not surprising that they would be apex predators in the Crucible.

I would like to see them against Aztec, ZkMushroom, and LunaRz.

Edited by J.T.

What was funny was after Datto/Frost/Patty went Flawless - Frost immediately hopped over to play with Fallout and Mushroom

Partly because Fallout was challenged for charity to do a perfect card (ie: not lose a single round)

I never went back and saw if he was successful or not

The really funny thing is that Patty, Frost, and Datto had horrible team chemistry when they first started running Trials despite being individually solid.   Now they are magnitudes better than the sum of their parts.

Guys like Aztec and Mushroom just make good teams better.

Edited by J.T.

I can never fully understand the mindset to watch or play something you actively hate, especially to the point where you are making comments like that. At a certain point it just feels weird and a bit fucked up. 

Edited by Eivion

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

I can never fully understand the mindset to watch or play something you actively hate, especially to the point where you are making comments like that. At a certain point it just feels weird and a bit fucked up. 

Some people have this masochistic thing where they play so that they have the right to complain.  It is a strange time in which we live.

• Like 1

I checked my YouTube suggestion feed and there was a vid of a guy dodging a rocket using the backflip emote.   If that emote is still available and hasn't been nerfed, I might be reinstalling as soon as I get home.

I am assuming you are talking this clip from Sweatcicle

I doubt they will do anything about it because mainly because of how difficult it is to pull off - especially since that Hot Head didn't appear to have tracking rounds

Yeah in fact I rewatched and followed the chat during the clip and folks were saying it is only possible to pull off on non-tracking rockets and considering how anyone who has Gally uses it...

Yeah, there is no avoiding tracking rockets.  I don't think that the brief no-hit window that the Hunter Dodge has will save you.  And yeah, since absolutely no one uses RL's that don't have tracking rockets and everyone should have a Gally by now....

The proliferation of tracking rocket launchers obviously led to their nerfing in Gambit since those weapons trivialize Invasion and Invader Defense.  I could wipe out an entire team with a single Truth round if players were clumped together... provided they didn't lock onto me first with their rocket launchers.  Easy 120% bonus health for the Prime Evil.

Edited by J.T.

Even without tracking it wouldn't be the smartest way to dodge a rocket. Most of the time people aren't aiming at someone directly. They are aiming the wall or ground closest to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Even without tracking it wouldn't be the smartest way to dodge a rocket. Most of the time people aren't aiming at someone directly. They are aiming the wall or ground closest to them.

If I don't have trackers, I'm shooting at the ground under your feet, not at you.

Edited by J.T.

Okay - I read the full thing and Rift is returning as part of the Iron Banner overhaul

Starting with Season 17 - the IB mode will now be Rift. The mode will change each season (they said sometimes it will be a familiar mode, sometimes they will introduce something new like they are doing with Rift)

They are disabling the level advantage because they want people to be able to play IB immediately.

There will only be TWO IB weeks a season (basically they are turning it into a quasi semi-annual event and they specifically said it will never run while a seasonal event is happening)

The system reward overhaul is happening. There are 4 Daily challenges (but you can wait and do them all over the weekend). That is where the pinnacles will come from (no more weekly quests). As previously mentioned they are also introducing a Title to earn specific to IB 

They are bringing back the bonus for wearing IB gear and using IB weapons in IB (this includes the return of the emblem bonus). With all the bonuses, you can have a 300% multiplier on your reputation

They are introducing a new map for the mode - they claim it is one of the largest maps they have map and there are three separate areas that represent all three playstyles (short, medium, long range). It will be held in the "swampy Pyramid area of the Thorne World".

You can also play the map in all 6v6, 3v3, and Free -for -All modes in Crucible.

OTHER CRUCIBLE CHANGES

• They are also bringing back Zone Control as a Crucible Labs week
  • They are returning to the Destiny 1 scoring of Control were you get a point for each person who captures a Zone - not just a flat 1 point
  • Elimination will now only be 90 seconds (to match the length of Trials)
  • They are doing a few tweaks that will make Mayhem go even quicker (A minute less and scoring is increased)
  • Increasing Rumble time limit to 10 minutes (was 8.)
  • Showdown target score being raised to 15 (was 10)

The PvP changes sound interesting. Never played Crucible outside of one or two games in D1 so this is all new to me. Aztec and Datto were excited for Rift so I'm curios to check it out.

Damn.  I was really good at Rift.

Happy to see the old school changes to IB and to Control.  Especially Control since maybe it will lead to people actually playing the objective.  I also see that they allowed rezzing in Rift as well as diabled points scored via killing enemy players, so maybe people will actually play the objective here as well.

The change to Elimination makes sense, but a 10-minute time limit for Rumble seems too long.  Eight minutes can feel like an eternity when you are ahead and trying to nurse a lead, so ten just sounds crazy.  A lot can happen in the last minute of a Rumble match when dudes are trying to make the podium.

Edited by J.T.

Well then, I suppose I finally have a reason to maybe pick up those Crucible pinnacle weapons I never did. Kind of left them alone since they were sunset, and I didn't feel like adding them to my collections that badly.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:13 PM, Eivion said:

Well then, I suppose I finally have a reason to maybe pick up those Crucible pinnacle weapons I never did. Kind of left them alone since they were sunset, and I didn't feel like adding them to my collections that badly.

I was piddling my way through Luna's Howl when I tapped out.  I am not sure if I deleted the quest bounty when I quit.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I was piddling my way through Luna's Howl when I tapped out.  I am not sure if I deleted the quest bounty when I quit.

Quest is long gone - you buy Luna's Howl via the Monument to Lost Light now

That is I finally got Not Forgotten and Mountaintop (not that I ever used them)

It is amusing - this reminds me of the beginning of the season when everyone was all THE ONE TIME YOU CAN USE RECLUSE/MOUNTAINTOP AGAIN!!!! and then no one did.

Since Warlocks are gonna win Guardian Games this year it gave me an excuse to hop over to my Warlock and get some stuff done.

Advanced the Witch Quest quest to the final mission (will finish that Tuesday since that requires more time than I will have tonight)

Did the IB quest line and completed all the bounties on her too.

I totally spaced we are about to hit the last week of the seasons so it is gonna be a busy week in terms of info.

I guess folks have worked themselves into a shoot that next season will be Solar 3.0