DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My understanding is you get one (a pinnacle) for each challenge you complete and then you get one at each major rank of reputation (like how the other activities currently work)

So technically you get more in a week than you used to (the fact that IB only happens twice a season counterbalances this)

The pinnacles are tied to the daily challenge where you need to play a certain amount of games in solar/void for the pinnacle. It only adds up the first four days so its the same amount that we used to have.

Yeah I already completed the 4 challenges so I knew those were pinnacles

I just couldn't remember if the rep rewards (ie: when you hit Mythic, Legend, etc...) were Power or Pinnacle

Forgot to mention I did finally finish the dungeon sometime yesterday. Was nice finally knocking that one out if just for the pinnacle. I really like the design of the dungeon weapons and will have to try it again soon to pick more of them up. The new linear fusion rifle is apparently strong even with crap rolls.

Played a lot of Rift over the weekend. Frankly, too much. Since I went ahead and did all the Challenges on my Warlock too.

Doing this allowed me to get my first reset of IB done.

I don't think there is anyway to get the seal in the first week unless you play all three characters and even then I don't think the math works.

I might be able to get the seal in the first season but it depends on how high Tier II and III of the triumph for "completing objectives" is

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think there is anyway to get the seal in the first week unless you play all three characters and even then I don't think the math works.

Misleading got the seal with his 100th win streak.

This week's story mission was depressing, poor Zavala. Was nice to get more background info on him finally and to see the current events connect to his past in terms of testing his faith.

Also the new update apparently fucked up transmog and no one can seemingly transmute armor into ornaments at the moment. Kind of annoyed since I'm still a decent bit away from getting the awesome season pass armor (only just got the arm today) and even further away from picking up the seasonal Eververse set (amusingly enough also only the arms).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Titan Hammers got nerfed

RIP to their unkillable build

Apparently it was a nerf that was already supposed to have happened, but didn't take during the first patch for whatever reason. 

Finally got an Austringer to drop so I can now focus weapons - which finally allows me to take advantage of the focusing bonus I unlocked

Stupid RNG

• Like 1

Playing as much Trials as a I have so far today before matchmaking kicks in and with no Freelance should probably be considered self harm. Surprisingly haven't into near as many 3 stacks as usual when I'm this dumb. Still doing terribly since I'm average at best. Interestingly I think Trials is what kills my K/D the most in Crucible. I actually went up during Rift because I'm somehow ok at that one. I at least got my first pinnacle out of the way and am at 3 wins on my card. Hopefully things suck less tomorrow.

Trials wasn't nearly as much of a slog as expected today. Guess matchmaking of some sort kicked in as I dealt with less stacks and seemed to work with and face people closer to my level of mediocrity. 

Edited by Eivion

Crow not too long ago killed a scion who was critical to the mission and got Iron Banner guy exiled. I'd like my leader to exercise a little bit better judgment than that. Also he still needs to work shit out with Mara. He needs therapy first. 

Edited by Shadow
  • Thanks 1

Obviously the reason this has come up is because of Crow dropping the line about wanting to take up Cayde's "responsibilities" which certainly sounded like he was going to accept The Dare

That being said, Bungie usually isn't THAT blatant with the direction it is going

I find myself slightly annoyed seeing Aztecross's Tommy Matchbook build which uses a good amount of what I'm using already for my Hunter only for his build to be so much better because of Titan exotics and abilities. Feels like Hunters either never get these type of broken builds or they require a shit ton more work. Its disappointing.

Funnily I just watched this today

Now granted it is a PvP build and of course relies on a newer exotic

(Which is my problem with all the Titan builds that rely on Loreley)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So, yeah, this is again close to my actual build. Only I'm mediocre at PvP so whenever I tried throwing the knife I missed, and the proximity seemed weak at times, usually either not going off or doing little damage. I'm not good with GLs in PvP, but that seems like a trick worth trying.

I use it more for PvE though the problem he mentioned makes it less effective than it should be. They really should fix it so it works the same way as PvP.

In truth, I suspect all of the Solar throwing knives on Hunters are little busted to be honest. None of the regen tricks they have seem to be fully working sans the new radiant kill one. When I tried the the precision knife I would never get back my ability after a precision kill. The melee regen with kills never went up when I tried the normal knife trick either.

I mostly switched to Caliban's Hand this last week to try something different and because its looks cool. I like it well enough though I wish I had a better roll. For pure survival though the Assassin's Cowl is better for its instant healing ability and invis. Still its kind of annoying how it looks with solar armor ornaments.

He is right about that explosions AoE. I have to run away from enemies half the time since the bastards charge me.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A problem with a lot of Exotics is that they wording is vague and it is hard to figure out just how you should use the item.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:54 PM, RIPPA said:

Figured @J.T.would appreciate this

Given that he murdered Cayde, that's a huge ask, but he did fulfil Cayde's Dare so technically he is already the Hunter Vanguard.  Cayde only said that that the Hunter that was able to kill him should get the job.  Cayde did not specify whether or not his killer had to be a Hunter at the time.

I get the whole Demonic Possession + Amnesia = Innocence and I suppose it is not fair to judge Crow by Uldren's actions.  After all, "Uldren" has paid for Cayde's murder with his life and at some point, I guess you have to consider Crow's debt to society paid and allow him to assume some sort of role in the Vanguard since picking Ana Bray to represent the Hunters is a horrible idea. 

Ana seems like a good choice on face value since she is one of the few Hunters willing to stay in one spot for more than ten minutes, but her focus is on Rasputin and not on Hunters in general.

If there is a call for formal leadership, my vote will always be for Shiro-4 even though I think that not having a Hunter Vanguard is probably what Cayde would've really wanted.. Your cloak is your home.

Bringing in Crow to represent the Hunters is a bit suspect, because there will be two Awoken and one Human on the Council if he takes the job.  The best thing (and probably the most woke) would be to bring in Shiro and replace Cayde with another Exo.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Given that he murdered Cayde, that's a huge ask, but he did fulfil Cayde's Dare so technically he is already the Hunter Vanguard.  Cayde only said that that the Hunter that was able to kill him should get the job.  Cayde did not specify whether or not his killer had to be a Hunter at the time.

That's the rub

The debate is - if I remember from the video BYF (or one of the lore folks) did on this - is Crow considered a "different person" than Uldren Sov?

Here we go - it was Evaze

It does a nice job summarizing everything

Cayde's dare is specific to any Hunter who kills him and takes his stuff.

So a) Uldren wasn't a Hunter at the time and b) Uldren not having honor to accept would be the least shocking thing ever