DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2021 - WEEK TEN

Pete

13 hours ago, EVA said:

Alabama is not getting any better. I don’t think people really need to worry too much about them making the playoff. If they even make it to the SEC championship, Georgia is going to thump them.

People thought the same way when they dropped to #5 or 6 in the polls and then the playoff rankings came out and it like of course they were #2.  As long as they stay at #2 I don't think it matters what they do against Georgia.  Even if they lose by 40 I think the debate will be strong.   The fact is that the playoff committee wants Alabama in there and will go through flaming hoops in a fat suit in order to do it. 

• Like 1

That’s the Bama Fatigue talking. A two-loss non-conference champ has never made the CFP.  I can’t imagine a scenario where that ever happens (in a 4 team field), but it definitley ain’t gonna be this Bama team.

3 hours ago, EVA said:

That’s the Bama Fatigue talking. A two-loss non-conference champ has never made the CFP.  I can’t imagine a scenario where that ever happens (in a 4 team field), but it definitley ain’t gonna be this Bama team.

I didn't think it was possible until the first rankings had them at #2.

But if they go into the SEC title game ranked second, against the consensus #1, and are at least fairly competitive, I guarantee it's at least strongly discussed that they should get in. Obviously, it depends on what else happens here down the stretch, but other than Georgia, there's not a team in the country that looks definitively good, and that's the kind of situation that we saw in 2007...

• Like 1