DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

It's tag team night this week! Crystal & Sandy are getting thrown to the wolves already, getting destroyed by Reina & Wrecking Ball

Fun trios tag of Team Spirit vs Team Exodus. Coach is taking 'em to the top! Nice win for Disciplanarian & GI Jane, solid team. 

Love the little Miami Sweet Heat promo, hilarious characters & great heels. Very fun main event. Sweet Heat have some great double teams, Holly took a great bump on the slingshot. Big Rig was on fire on the hot tag, nice set up for a future title match.

BK Rhythm is back in her usual spot with a super quick loss to Keta Rush

Chella/Foxy vs. Sylvia/Vivian was a fun tag. Sylvia's finishing Flatliner looked killer.

Tormenta/Robbie was short but great. Both delivered, Robbie looked excellent with the always solid Tormenta.

Main event trios tag was over quick but all action, nice win for Tiki & the Tongas. 

• Like 1

Good to see Aussie and Kandi Krush pick up the win in the main event. Now, I want to see Aussie vs Penelope and Kandi vs Vickie Lynn

My favorite match of the show was the Fury vs Sandy Shore match. I like the build to the Heavy Metal Sisters being a force again. 

Wreckingball and Reina continue to dominate. Poor Stephy and Jen never stood a chance.

I like that the continuity with the beef continuing between the Coach and GI Jane and the bookworm crew lol 

• Like 1

Wrecking ball & Reina continue to make a killer team indeed.

Nice to see Coach in rare singles action and I like GI Jane, felt different to have nobody at ringside or involved in this match.

Fury always looks great in singles and this was no exception. I was surprised Sandy didn't have Crystal and/or Americana ringside to combat the Heavy Metal Sisters.

Solid tag main event, I love Kandi & Aussie as the top babyfaces going against the champ. The Cutter from Down Under for the win!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 8:50 PM, DreamBroken said:

Fury always looks great in singles and this was no exception. I was surprised Sandy didn't have Crystal and/or Americana ringside to combat the Heavy Metal Sisters.

yeah, weird not to have Crystal and Americana out with her, especially with the way the Heavy Metal Sisters were cheating their asses off lol The six ladies must be happening soon

Can I say that I love the commentary team? AJ, Dickey, and McLane are just three cool little dorks. 

• Like 2

Reina del Rey is very solid.  She worked Dustin Starr's CWH as top heel, Ruby Raze, for a while but they refused to put the belt on even thoguh she carried the entire women's babyface locker on her back, so she left for greener pastures.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Solid opening tag win for the Tonga Twins. Robbie Rockett always a highlight, her and Gigi looked good as a team. 

BK and Foxxy work well as opponents, nice to see BK pull the win this time.

Fun tag from the Mother Truckers vs. Siren & Holidead. Weird that the pre-match video package basically said yeah the Mother Truckers beat Miami Sweet Heat but they're not getting a title shot anytime soon! Only for the post-match promo to then turn into a title challenge. I do love the sound of Tonga Twins vs. Reina & Wrecking Ball as a #1 contenders match too though.

Pretty good tag main event. Miami Sweet Heat are greatness as the champs.

• Like 1

Nice opener between Las Bandidas and Stephy/Jen. I think a case can be made for Las Bandidas getting a tag title shot as well given their recent streak.

Decent outing for GI Jane and Kandi Krush. I almost thought Jane was gonna take the upset a couple of times. 

Fury and Keta Rush are two of my favorites so it was cool to see them lock up. The Heavy Metal Sisters remain a force and the WOW referees remain the most oblivious to cheating refs in the game lol Nice to see Americana and Spring Break come to the rescue. The Sisters are gonna have to get their karma soon.

The main was a nice battle of powerhouse teams. It was a little on the short side, as all of the WOW main events tend to be, but cool to see the Tonga Twins win as they have such a history with Miami Sweet Heat now. Enjoyed the post match antics too.

• Like 1

Agreed on the solid tag opener.  Jane/Kandi ruled, loved the finish with Kandi's leaping KO punch out of the chokeslam attempt.  Fury/Keta was pretty good as well.

Main event was definitely shockingly short, being under 3 minutes (and I'm not sure the bell actually rang after the initial brawl). I almost thought they would do a no contest and set up a 3 way tag for the titles, but I like the way it turned out. The build to setting up the Tonga Twins finally getting their shot against Miami Sweet Heat has been great. Nice chaotic close to the show. 

• Like 1

I liked the Tiki vs Gigi match. They were definitely opponents that complimented each other.

The tag match between the Mother Truckers and BK/Robbie was also good. The mentions of Sophia Lopez have to be leading somewhere 

Vickie Lynn Vs Aussie was my match of the show. Short, as usual, but I'm digging the Aussie push. 

• Like 1

Chainsaw/Chella was a fun opener. Chantilly is always a highlight to watch.

Agreed on Tiki/Gigi. Very evenly matched that felt like any next big move could be the end of it. Solid match and I liked that they slipped in a background story to it as well.

BK & the Rockett are an awesome heel team, two of my favs. Good match that built nicely to the hot tag that pretty much ended things right away. Digging the Mother Truckers tag formula.

Excellent build to the main event throughout the show, nice video capturing the history thus far. Surprisingly short considering, but good and I love the crucifix bomb finish. Looking forward to Aussie's eventual title shot.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

Thought I read somewhere last week that AJ Mendez is done with WOW.

She had posted over the weekend "As my contract with wowsuperheroes winds down, I wanna thank the ladies for welcoming me into their locker room, our hair and makeup talk sessions, and constantly inspiring me with their hard work, talent, and genuine camaraderie. I'll try to come back and play in the future! I hope all you fans keep watching next season to support these incredible athletes and stars of tomorrow."

So I assume when the "new season" begins next month, she'll be gone. Surprised since her being an executive producer was a big sell when they initially came back again. I was never a fan of her in wwe, but totally enjoyed her here on commentary so she will be missed.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

So I assume when the "new season" begins next month, she'll be gone. Surprised since her being an executive producer was a big sell when they initially came back again. I was never a fan of her in wwe, but totally enjoyed her here on commentary so she will be missed.

Same. I felt a little bit of her went a long way in WWE but I enjoyed her on commentary in WOW. 

• Like 2

BK & Robbie the traditional openers, both in singles action this week after last week's tag and both on the losing end this time around. BK/Tiki was a fun little match while Robbie/Foxxy was pretty great. Both have some unique offense. Agreed with AJ, noting Robbie's excellent facial expressions throughout. Foxxy looked like a star here in the post-match.

Then Jennifer Florez/Tormenta was absolutely awesome. Hell of a 5 minute sprint. Loved the veteran vs newcomer story with the clear intention of putting Florez over huge even in defeat. She looked amazing here with the wide variety of moves and counters, super star potential. Popped big for the springboard spanish fly deal and thought for sure that would be the finish. This was a standout, one of my top favorite WOW matches in recent memory. 

Main event was pretty good with the exact outcome I imagined for those two teams. Holidead & Siren were more dominant than I would've thought early on but the finishing in chaos was fitting for both.  Love the WCW style outta time finish as the brawl continues on.  Looking forward to next week's tag title showdown in the main. 

• Like 3

Flores / Torementa was about as good as it gets in WoW.  That finisher was fucking epic.  I am glad someone is still using Quackenbush's Black Tornado Slam to kill people, although Tormenta's is better because she does it from Samoan Drop height rather than from the backpack.

Loved the story told in the main.  Looking forward to seeing what stip that Reina / Wrecking Ball vs. Holidead / Siren II will have in order to guarantee a winner.

McLane channeling Tony Sciavone was totally great.  FANS, WE'RE OUTTA TIME~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

BK and Tiki had some good chemistry and really worked well together. Nice win for Tiki.

I like both Foxxy and Robbie but things seemed to run out of steam after a promising start.

I agree that Tormenta/Florez was match of the night and probably one of WOW's best of this season. Tormenta was really able to lean into her heelness with the smaller Florez. And this was a starmaking turn for Jen-Z. With all of the talk of her being the future of WOW, I really hope we see more of her in Season 2.

Liked the story in the tag main of Holidead and Siren trying to isolate Wreckingball and then it breaking down into the big brawl. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2023 at 12:04 PM, Peck said:

Wrecking Ball requested her release from WOW.

That sucks. I enjoyed her team with Reina.

This week's show:

Enjoyed the opening trios match. Some nice double team moves from the Exile/Ice Cold tandem. I would be down to see more from both groups.

Nice win for Kandi Krush and Foxxy Fierce.

Fury/Holidead/Siren vs Americana/Spring Break 24/7 was a fine match although I feel like the friction between Fury and Holidead/Siren could have been played up more before the eventual turn. Nice to see Americana finally get her revenge.

The main event was a fun brawl and it was great to see the Tonga Twins finally win the big one. Curious to see if my girl, Princess Aussie, can be as lucky.

• Like 1

Sad to hear if Wrecking Ball requested her release, I assumed her past issues had blown over since Leia Makoa hasn't been around lately. Though I hope Leia comes back, miss seeing her on.

This week was trios/tag week. Feels like we hadn't seen Exile/Ice Cold in awhile, glad to see them back, getting a win, and even getting promo time this week. Stephy/Jennifer/Keta is a great babyface trio.

Kandi and Foxxy is a cool team. Kandi is always one of my favs. Her finishing KO punch here looked killer. Disciplinarian has the best facial expressions.

Fury having to choose other partners felt random,  Holidead & Siren seemed to at least make sense, and then them turning on Fury was even more random. Great that Americana finally got her full entrance again with her awesome theme. Crystal and Sandy looked good here as well.

Main event was awesome and felt like a perfect long running feud blow off. Miami Sweet Heat crack me up, always entertaining with their promos. Great wild brawl. The Tongas taking 3 tries to throw Laurie out of the ring and then Lindsey taking an epic bump off the faceplant into the chairs ruled. Excellent heels and the Tongas their perfect foils. Love this coming back around from the original tag title tournament final, good stuff! 

• Like 1

Solid opener with Chantilly vs Tormenta. Tormenta typically has good chemistry with most of her opponents. Pleasantly surprised at the upset win for Chantilly.

The impromptu Randi/Gigi match was interesting with the missing members of Team Spirit, which seemed rather weird. I do like the Brat Pack though and would have enjoyed the original trios match planned.

Glad to see the Mother Truckers/Sophia Lopez storyline progress. I’m sure we’ll see more between these five.

Great main event. Penelope and Aussie had a really good showing. Liked the near falls and teases. And nice to see the Beast show up at the end to stake her claim.

• Like 1

I was excited seeing Tormenta vs Chella was up first, coming off Tormenta's classic with Florez. Rough finish but a fun match, definitely surprised to see Chella pick up the win but she's great. 

I love the Brat Pack, awesome trio of heels. Disappointing to not get the scheduled trios match but curious to see what the follow up to that would be. 

Mother Truckers/Bandidas was solid with a nice post-match angle. 

Main event was awesome, may have been the longest match of the season. Excellent near falls down the stretch. Too bad Kandi Krush or no other faces were around to prevent the interference. Popped for the surprise Beast return, wasn't expecting that right then but she looked great.

And that was the season finale. Farewell to AJ Mendez, she will be missed. Looking forward to the new season beginning next week. The Beast coming back for the gold will be fun to watch, I loved her initial run up to the title when she beat Tessa for it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The New Season begins! Welcome back The Beast! Liking all the new little bits standing out production wise/new graphics for the season premiere.

Great return for Adriana Gambino in a super solid quick match with Jennifer Florez. Though for sure Florez would get the win to bounce back from the Tormenta classic but Gambino gets the win and some mic time too. Nice sunset flip counter of the crescent kick in the corner. Fun action packed match.

Speaking of Tormenta, another nice win for her over Fury. Fury is suddenly a super babyface take 2, and now being "on her own" I hope doesn't mean Razor is gone as she was one of my favs since this WOW began. 

Miami Sweet Heat remain one of my absolute favorites to watch. Their over the top mannerisms and promos are hilarious, the best heels. The FAB JAB! is an epic new finish for them. Adding them to commentary for the main was a great idea. Money Money Money!

Solid world title match main event from Penelope and Chella. Good stuff to start the season

• Like 2

On 9/17/2023 at 4:24 AM, DreamBroken said:

I hope doesn't mean Razor is gone as she was one of my favs since this WOW began. 

People are saying that she is listing herself as a "former pro wrestler" on social media so she might be done. ☹️

As far as the episode:

Glad to see Gambino return. Nice competitive match between her and Jen-Z.

I've always liked Fury so it's cool to see her in full face mode. I knew her and Tormenta would turn up and I wasn't wrong. Really smart move to start the season with so many of the stronger in-ring wrestlers. 

Nice to see more of Spring Break 24/7. They actually make perfect rivals for Sweet Heat, who looked good and dominant here. Speaking of which, Sweet Heat are a hilarious hot mess. You can tell that they are having a ball.

Enjoyed the main. Chantilly looked really good here and Penelope impressed as always. Another strong defense on the heels of the great Aussie match.

I like that you can tell that the women are more comfortable and feeling their characters more already this season. 

• Like 2