DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

BK Rhythm rules and looked great in her quick win over Keta. Nice finishing sequence and Skye Blue style finisher.

Kandi Krush is one of my favs and I love Genesis so this match was awesome. The whole Exile trio is an epic heel unit. Kandi and Aussie becoming gym buds was great as was the setup for the upcoming tag team showdown. Kandi always fitting in the LETS GO~! is the best.

Fun tag, Chella & Fierce look good together. Seems Chainsaw's finisher is to get herself DQed as it happens the same as her last match with Keta. Aussie looked great throughout. 

Next week's big 4 on 4 looks epic. The Fab 4 vs The Island Dynasty

• Like 1

So, Samantha Smart is officially Queen of Schemes, huh? lol As soon as she put the whistle around Randi's neck, I suspected chicanery. I just didn't expect that lol

The main was a lot of fun. 

Next week's 4 way match looks great.

• Like 1

Nice reversal finish by Stephy Slays. Amber looked good and is feeling back to form after the bizarre character change.

The whistle glue was absolutely ridiculous but hilarious. Randi definitely went all the way in with it and provided a unique story to the match

Americana got screwed! The Big Rig saga was fun.

Main event lived up to expectations, big time big fight feel, fast paced and action packed. Both sides of 4 are awesome and everybody shined here. Miami Sweet Heat are fantastic heels. The Island Dynasty stands tall! 

• Like 1

Nice win for Jen-Z and good stuff with her and Gigi.

Some good heeling from Exile in the tag match although I have no idea what was going on with that finish lol Poor Ice Cold. She’s just aligning with anybody at this point. Wonder who Krush and Aussie are gonna have with them.

As much as I like the Chantilly/Foxy team, I thought her and Keta made a nice plucky duo here. Keta looked especially fired up and was my match MVP. Crazy that none of these promotions have snatched up Holidead.

Enjoyed the main. Nice to see 4 of my heel faves go at it. Hopefully this means the Heavy Metal Sisters have healed.

• Like 1

Solid opener, Jennifer's finish rules.

Love the Kandi/Aussie vs. Exile tag. Exile are an awesome heel unit, Aussie's always great and Kandi's one of my top favs. Looking forward to the rematch in trios, Let's Go!

Another good tag follows, Holidead is indeed awesome.

Super fun main event. Loved the story of everyone letting out all their frustrations and then in the end the two teams reunite after fighting it out. Good looking finish from Reina.  Razor and Fury forever.

• Like 1

I like both Foxxy and Vicki Lynn so I was into the first match. Nice release German Suplex finisher from Vicki Lynn. I love that Vicki Lynn looks like she would have been just as at home tangling with the likes of Wendi Richter and Misty Blue Simms as she does the WOW ladies.

I enjoyed the tag match. Leia seems to be showing more personality and Tiki remains the most adorable thing in WOW. Crazy that Sylvia and Vivian would take this loss right after a promo from Sophia pretty much threatening to target the Fabulous Four lol

Americana must secretly be evil if none of the other faces would even watch Levi for her during the BK/Jessie match lol Speaking of, we didn’t get much of the match but cool to see BK steal a win

Main event was great as was Samantha trying to keep away from Randi for 5 minutes. lol Looking forward to the School Yard Brawl lol

• Like 2

Fun episode that went by pretty quick. Foxxy looked good hanging in there with Vicki Lynn in a solid match.

Tag was great. Vivian & Sylvia have developed into a good heel team already and Leia & Tiki are awesome together. Leia remains one of my favs overall.

The story to Jessie/BK was hilarious. Jessie somehow sensing Levi shouting from that far away, but it's always good to see BK pull out a win. 

Main event match and post match angle ruled. Bring on the SCHOOLYARD BRAWL and get the GLUE! 

Nice to see the Fashion Girls pick up a win. Amber and Gigi definitely needed it. Liked that double team finisher too.

The six person tag was fun stuff. I laughed at Keta drop kicking Exodus into the heel corner and, instead of Genesis tagging in, she screamed for Exodus to get up and get her lol This was probably my favorite match of the show.

Reina vs Fury was good for what we got. Would love to see a longer encounter between them. 

I knew Tiki didn't stand a chance but I was still rooting for her. Penelope Pynk again proves why she was the best choice for champ. Probably the most consistent on the roster. And I love shady David ready to set up Penelope vs Vicki Lynn lol 

• Like 1

I was thinking the School Yard Brawl was gonna be this week, but guess that's still to come. Opening tag here was solid, both teams look great together.

Speaking of looking great together, the trios match was awesome! I loved the Exile team's entrance, badass heels and epic presentation. Keta made sense as the face's mystery partner. Finishing stretch was great and everyone was on fire there.

Sad to see Fury get totally squashed in under 2 mins, but Reina has her case for coming after the title. I still feel like they come back around to Leia challenging again.

Good main event and title defense for Penelope. Tiki always rules as the underdog. 

• Like 1

Nice action in the opener between The Tonga Twins and Sylvia/Vivian.

Cool to see Foxxy Fierce pick up the win. Enjoyed the stuff with her and BK. This might have been my favorite match of the show.

Looking like we are heading for the implosion of the Americana/Jessie team thanks to little Levi lol

Lana plotting in her Penthouse of Doom is so WOW

Sophia Lopez helping The Mother Truckers for a price is going to bite those two good.

Really liked the chemistry between Vickie Lynn and Leia. Shocked that it was so short and that it ended with Vickie Lynn not just taking the win but taking Leia out.

Bring on the Brawl!

• Like 3

Enjoyed the Tonga Twins showcase. I only just realized that Sylvia is Myka Madrid.

Sad to see BK's 3 match win streak come to an end, but Foxxy looked good. Good match, great finish.

Levi suddenly becoming a huge distraction at all times is hilarious. Glad to see Americana in action though. the Mother Truckers jail skits were fun.

Lauren Hunkele is my current fav ring announcer, she was especially on fire this episode. 

Also absolutely shocked by the main event outcome. Thought for sure this was the beginning of Leia's road back to a title shot, but a really amazing job putting over Vickie Lynn as the babyface does not overcome the odds here or fight back from injury, a logical change up from the norm. Just couldn't believe it was only 2 minutes in. Finish did look properly brutal on the shoulder, so it made sense that it would put her down due to the injury, love how that played in to things. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Good stuff from Gigi and Chantilly. I like both but was hoping for a Gigi win. She and Amber could use some good luck. Speaking of....

Surprising but cool win for Razor. Poor Amber. She might wanna go back to the fatigues lol

Great David and Goliath battle between Reina and Jen-Z. Reina continues her winning ways and has to be enroute to Penelope Pink, which will rule.

The School Yard Brawl was just a bunch of fun including the notebook to the face and the loaded pom poms. Like most of the mains lately, it was a little on the short side. But the faces finally got their retribution.  

The commentary team are just 3 geeks having fun and I love that for them.

• Like 1

Gigi/Chantilly was awesome. Started slow but picked up and got really good. Great offense from both and a nice looking finish. Loved it.

Also love seeing Razor pick up a win. Heavy Metal lives! and seemingly as babyfaces now. Reina/Jennifer was a nice extended squash, Reina is killer.

The Schoolyard Brawl was indeed epic. Short but a blast of a wild brawl. Some hilarious weapons included. Coach always kills it. The ending shots of the Ruler KO absolutely killing Disciplinarian and then the deadly loaded pom pom was perfect.

Fun episode and looking forward to the tag titles match next. 

Nice debut for Sandy Shore but disappointing overall as I have high hopes anytime Robbie Rocket is on and then this was done in 2 minutes.

Jane/Chella was surprising and quick. Chella is always great. Jane is unique in style and offense, I like it. Really dug the suddenness of the big Boot Camp finish.

poor Stephy Slays had to get slaughtered by Chainsaw this week. Angelica Dante using the apron of faces to instruct Chainsaw on where to attack was fantastic.

Great tag titles main event and build up. Nice finish to draw it out further. Miami Sweet Heat are the best, loving their heel work every time.

• Like 1

Another solid debut this week with Ariel Sky, with BK in the spot Robbie had last week.

I feel like something went out of order and the Heavy Metal Sisters went back to super heels again. We got robbed of Americana's theme music but a decent beatdown angle/match set up

Coach & Randi vs Genesis & Ice was good stuff, two great teams.

Fun main event with the best heel team against the perfect underdog babyface team. 

• Like 1

Solid opening tag with the Tonga Twins bouncing back against Holidead & Siren.

Kandi Krush is always a highlight when she's on, I loved her wild sliding elbow smash en route to a modified KO Krusher for the win.

Good to see both Princess Aussie and Tormenta back. They put on a good match similar to their one from late last year. Aussie always shines and looked great on the finish.

Fun main event for Big Rig Betty & Holly Swag to get their revenge. Holly is hilarious. Samantha/Disciplinarian/GI Jane are an epic heel unit with this and the Coach/Randi feud having blowoffs one after the other.

• Like 1

Nice pre-match build for Tormenta/Aussie. Gave it a bit fight feel. Really enjoyed the match between the two of them and could definitely see a re-match in their futures.

Nice build-up for the Tonga Twins who I assume are in line for another tag title opportunity.

I agree that we got ourselves another fun main. Holly and Betty are just so good with the character stuff and Jane makes a great fit with Samantha and the Disciplinarian. 

• Like 1

So I’m watching the Chyna documentary on Vice TV and they’ve been advertising Women of Wrestling in text on the bottom of the screen for Tuesday at midnight. I did a google search and nothing so I ask is this WOW on Vice or some sort documentary? Does anyone know?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

So I’m watching the Chyna documentary on Vice TV and they’ve been advertising Women of Wrestling in text on the bottom of the screen for Tuesday at midnight. I did a google search and nothing so I ask is this WOW on Vice or some sort documentary? Does anyone know?

it is WOW. I just noticed this past Tuesday after Dark Side that Vice is now airing the most recent episode there.

• Like 1

No shit? I watch Darkside every Tuesday I’ll have to keep watching Vice and catch WOW. My local CW airs it but I always seem to end up with like 6 in the DVR I got to catch up on.

• Like 1

Hated to see my girls, Foxy and Chantilly, lose but at least it was to a dominant unit like Wrecking Ball and Reina. Nice little match between the four of them.

I was shocked to see BK beat Crystal Waters. I was sure Crystal was going to join her partner with a debut solo win. But cool for BK who doesn't end up on the winning side too often.

Team Spirit is a promising idea but there were definitely some rough moments in their match against Genesis and Ice Cold. I'm sure Coach will whip them into shape lol 

Another strong win for Vicki Lynn against Sandy. I got a kick out of AJ and Lana teaming up and dragging David on commentary. And I dug the video package on Selina Majors. So many of the women of Bambi's era really got screwed by the changes in the industry at the time.

• Like 1

Reina and Wrecking Ball make a killer team.

Thrilled to see BK pick up the win this time around. Liked AJ acknowledging that BK seems to be the gatekeeper for all newcomers.

Coach was hilarious as usual, tough loss for Team Spirit but I did like seeing Genesis and Ice Cold get a win too, they're excellent.

Sandy Shore with a huge leap up in competition, going straight to the main event in only her 2nd match here. And then got properly crushed by Vicki Lynn.

Awesome video package on Selina Majors, loved seeing the old clips and her classic feud with Thug. Made me wish she had an on screen role again but glad to see her still heavily involved.

Next week Kandi Krush is going for the gold!

Chainsaw/Tiki was a fun size difference competitive squash. Angelica with the Apron of Faces still kills me, great managerial tactic. Liked Tiki's 619 being simply called "The Area Code".  Kinda wanted Tiki to pull the upset but nice big splash finish from Chainsaw. 

Sylvia/Keta had some interesting spots and sequences which made for a real standout match. Loved the finish of Sylvia going from submission to submission and eventually breaking Keta down. 

Florez vs. Fury was fun with Florez ultimately falling to the numbers game. The TV guide info for this episode listed a trios match with Florez/Stephy/Americana vs. the Heavy Metal Sisters, maybe that happens in the future. Speaking of trios matches, Team Spirit vs Exile next week should be good stuff.

Great main event title match. Figured Kandi wouldn't win her first shot, nice story and loved the arm selling throughout. Would definitely be down with this feud continuing and Kandi having to go through the rest of the group now. Fun "we're outta time!" ending as Vickie Lynn just picked Kandi up. 

• Like 1