Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So, we're gonna find out of one can fail to stick a landing on a prequel then, are we?

GoT stuck the landing so hard that it was ridiculous.

Evil undead horde defeated, two psychotic noble bloodlines severed, world weary ruler with oracle powers and wise beyond his years sitting on the throne and advised by more than adequate council, peace in the North and relative peace everywhere else, invading army placated by the exile of a hero, badass assassin wanders the world like Caine from Kung Fu...

Talk about being tied up with the prettiest bow as could be expected.  I think that it was the best of all possible outcomes.  

I think that the reason that the series finale was met with so much venom is that it was the best of all possible outcomes.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, J.T. said:

I think that the reason that the series finale was met with so much venom is that it was the best of all possible outcomes.

Pretty sure it had more to do with how things ended for a certain Mother of Dragons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, if someone just watched the show but didn't watch the Inside The Episode shit, they might think it's less bad. But seeing inside what the writers were thinking really made it clear what complete idiots they were.

Dany just kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet and all that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J.T. said:

GoT stuck the landing so hard that it was ridiculous.

Evil undead horde defeated, two psychotic noble bloodlines severed, world weary ruler with oracle powers and wise beyond his years sitting on the throne and advised by more than adequate council, peace in the North and relative peace everywhere else, invading army placated by the exile of a hero, badass assassin wanders the world like Caine from Kung Fu...

Talk about being tied up with the prettiest bow as could be expected.  I think that it was the best of all possible outcomes.  

I think that the reason that the series finale was met with so much venom is that it was the best of all possible outcomes.

My problem had nothing to do with any of this, but had everything to do with what led up to this.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2021 at 3:30 AM, Eivion said:

Pretty sure it had more to do with how things ended for a certain Mother of Dragons.

You mean from the folks who were in denial about Dany being batshit insane? 

I am in the camp that is bummed about Jon not being king but after he did the right thing and kept yet another tyrannical Targaryen from ascending to the Iron Throne, banishment was the only sensible solution to the problem of preventing the Unsullied and the Dothraki from finishing what Dany started.

Jon is still alive and most likely unites the wildling tribes and forms yet another kingdom in the North.  That is my wish for him.

On 4/29/2021 at 8:25 AM, supremebve said:

My problem had nothing to do with any of this, but had everything to do with what led up to this. 

GRRM only had so much blueprint to give the showrunners and after that, they were fucking winging it.  Like most people, I didn't particularly care for the time crunched showdown with the White Walkers, but the actual ending of the series had a pretty fair resolution.  Almost too fair if you ask me, but I suppose a land that has seen so much conflict was finally due for an extended peace.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night, my Twitter was full of people saying the end of Line of Duty last night was even worse than the GOT finale. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, J.T. said:

GoT stuck the landing so hard that it was ridiculous.

Evil undead horde defeated, two psychotic noble bloodlines severed, world weary ruler with oracle powers and wise beyond his years sitting on the throne and advised by more than adequate council, peace in the North and relative peace everywhere else, invading army placated by the exile of a hero, badass assassin wanders the world like Caine from Kung Fu...

Talk about being tied up with the prettiest bow as could be expected.  I think that it was the best of all possible outcomes.  

I think that the reason that the series finale was met with so much venom is that it was the best of all possible outcomes.

My issue is less with Where everyone landed and more with "how we got there".  That's as much on GRRM being a lazy shit that was never going to finish this and D&W being shit at doing stuff that wasn't laid out for them explicitly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...