DVDVR Message Board

UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping II (6/4/2016) - Inglewood, CA (The Forum)

Elsalvajeloco

On 6/2/2016 at 10:14 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

It will be interesting to see how mobile he is. He only did one week of kicks, which was the last week of training. 

I know it seems dirty, but I would oblique kick the shit out of his knee if I am Bisping. Legal techniques are legal techniques.

Are heel kicks to the back of the knee legal? That seems like it'd be the most efficient way of causing someones knee to give out en route to ripping everything apart on the way down.

8 hours ago, psyclicksecret said:

Are heel kicks to the back of the knee legal? That seems like it'd be the most efficient way of causing someones knee to give out en route to ripping everything apart on the way down.

I would imagine anything to the leg is fair game especially considering you're allowed to kick to the body while your opponent is on the ground.

However, I doubt you're going to see that technique unless someone has the back of their opponent up against the cage. Even then, it might be easier to just knee the thighs of your opponent as to not give up that position. 

I didnt notice until Breen said it on the Sherdog roundtable yesterday, but goddamn if Breese and Strickland aren't twins. Maybe the judges got confused on which was which.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

If Miller vs Caceres isn't Fight of the Night, this is going to be a fantastic show.

I haven't seen the Polo Reyes vs. Maestro Kim fight yet because I was grocery shopping, but from the tweets I saw, it sounded like a sloppy but insane fight.

Man, Jessica Andrade just absolutely demolished Jessica Penne. That's two brutal beatings back-to-back for Penne.

If Vick had somehow survived that first round, Dariush would have been knackered for the rest of the fight. Not that Vick would have had much left either. Hell of a finish though. Maybe it could have been stopped while he was doing the wobble board dance, but that ref was probably put off from the early stoppage by being distracted by his epic moustache or something.

• Like 1