DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Lol, Klay was well below his career average in 3pt% this year. Let's not get carried away because Klay can go fucking bonkers once or twice a month.

Edit: I guess he went hot the last few weeks because he was below in March. Still, c'mon now.

No.  Harden is the best 2 guard and it's not even close.  This is coming from a Jimmy Buckets fanboy by the way.

This has been the best basketball series in recent memory.  Amazing stuff.  Game 7 I'm ready!!!!!

• Like 1

Jrag, thanks for being consistent. The defensive gap between Klay and Harden is so ridiculous that the difference in their offensive output doesn't matter. 

Seriously, I was just about to go "Harden tho" but you beat me to it. And fuck yeah, this game is on Sportsnet for us Canadians, so we get extended TNT coverage instead of white Canucks saying "awww wow, awesome!" and shit.

No, but Klay is a glorified catch and shoot guy on the offensive end. When Curry's not on the floor and Klay is, it's either Livingston or Iguodala playing distributor. He's not a guy you run your offense through. He's a guy you finish your offense with though. Steph's defense is a little underrated but his ability to play off and on the ball and his intelligence on finding open players when teams bring the double is phenomenal. Completely different stratosphere than what Klay brings. Plus his handling is second only to Kyrie's. 

Come on now, guys, Steph became the first player to ever score over a thirty a night while playing under 35 minutes. Klay's really good, but come on.

This is a flight the Thunder REALLY didn''t want to take. I'm not saying they have no chance, but they really wanted to avoid this.

I agree.  Let's talk about who is the best player on the Warriors team and ignore the other team that just choked away their trip to the Finals.  I think the irony is that if a certain about-to-free agent didn't end up doing an impression of 2016 Kobe, they probably WOULD be in the Finals right now.

Well, there's not much to discuss on that.  Durant and these turnovers and dumb mistakes they make at the end of close games has been a thing for a while. I don't see game 7 being close at all.  Warriors will be up by 13 at the half. They'll extend it to 18 midway through the 3rd quarter. We all know how that will play out. 

I notice while everyone is quick to crown Steph, there's a guy in Cleveland who has a healthy team around him this year.

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's about it?   That's everything. The Warriors don't win shit without Green and Klay's defense. Keep thinking defense doesn't mean anything.

Oh I didn't realize that Klay being a better defender than Steph makes up for the fact that Steph is the better shooter, passer, and ball handler. 

5 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

Oh I didn't realize that Klay being a better defender than Steph makes up for the fact that Steph is the better shooter, passer, and ball handler. 

Steph is still careless with the ball. I acknowledged he's a better ball handler. Klay is a much better defender. Saying Steph is a better shooter well...  sure he shoots a better overall percentage but I care about the games like tonight with everything on the line.  Klay nearly saved their asses the other night too.  I guess you're propping up Steph and will try to downplay what his teammate is capable of which is odd coming from a Warriors fan.

Because if you watch a lot of Warriors games, you'll see how inconsistent Klay is. His three can get really flat and he'll abuse the back iron too often. There are a tonne of guys in the league that can defend and hit threes. While Klay isn't a 3 and D guy, those are his strengths. There isn't anybody in the history of basketball that does what Steph does.

This is from one of my favourite fivethirtyeight articles:

morris-stephcurry-21.png?w=575

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Steph is still careless with the ball. I acknowledged he's a better ball handler. Klay is a much better defender. Saying Steph is a better shooter well...  sure he shoots a better overall percentage but I care about the games like tonight with everything on the line.  Klay nearly saved their asses the other night too.  I guess you're propping up Steph and will try to downplay what his teammate is capable of which is odd coming from a Warriors fan.

I'm not "propping" up Steph nor am I downplaying what Klay can do. I'm just giving my honest opinion as someone who has watched every Warriors game since the "We Believe" era.

Klay is a streaky shooter that can get hot like tonight but can just as easily give you a night where he can't make a three. If you asked me who is more likely to break the record for most threes in a game, I would say Klay. If you asked me game on the line who I want to take the shot, I would say Steph. If you ask me who I want on the floor if their three point shot isn't on, I would definitely say Steph. 

• Like 1

Feel like last night was OKC's best chance to move on.  Not saying they can't win game 7, but letting the Warriors retake the momentum and having to play game 7 on Golden State's home floor... don't have a good feeling.