DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - SHANE THE GLAMOUR BOY (Shane Sewell)

RIPPA

I had forgotten that TNA did this whole referee vs. wrestler angle with Shane until seeing it on Today in Wrestling History. Because that was the best use of his talents. Of course you can't take the Puerto Rico out of him and he still found ways to bleed and bleed and bleed.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84qq4_tna-genesis-2009-sheik-abdul-bashir_news

vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir

(The Booker T match actually took place on this date but the only video I found doesn't have sound so I didn't bother)

The VQ makes this oooze of Puerto Rico-ness.

Please note that there is a Shane vs Flash Flanagan match (Well, of COURSE there is) but it is on a site that is too sketchy to link to.

-----------------------------

Versus Fidel Sierra in 1998.

I actually saw one of Shane Sewell's WWE tryout matches more than a decade ago.  Smackdown taping dark match in DC -- he and Andy Anderson (another decent wrestler who worked in Puerto Rico) against Taka and Funaki. 

Team Canada (who worked as heels) looked good in a losing effort -- crisp double-teams, old-school heeling, just simply doing the basics right.  They did one spot that was straight out of an 80s babyface tag team's playbook -- Wrestler A holds opponent up in a vertical suplex, Wrestler B does top rope crossbody on said opponent -- that got a nice applause.  And from a distance, Shane seemingly had that Austin Idol look to him.

Honestly thought both would get picked up for a developmental deal, but that never happened.