DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah - last night was really fun.

I think all of us had various moments of triumph (despite melraz winning damn near everything)

The highlight that was JT and I being all "alright we gotta roll" but then stout, raz and Robert all got dropped into freemode together and suddenly it was all REGULATORS!!!! ROLL OUT!!!! and JT couldn't join their session fast enough.

I cannot resist the call to battle.  Sorry about your damn luck, Jaybazz. 

I honestly think that no one checks the Players List on servers.  Why do these types keep walking into the lion's den?  Don't they know we're all in the same crew?

I mean seriously, we're like:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy1i42_100-000-killer-bees-attack-park-workers_travel

My Unsporting% is now at 45%.  I made at least one person's Avoid List last night.

Oh, and how about that fucking truck mission?!  Air and ground support from mission start to delivery.  You'd think that we were a criminal organization that actually knew what it was doing.

Three days away from the killin' took its toll on me.  I sucked in most of the deathmatches (average K/D for all three was like .75. yikes) and races (best finish was second). 

I didn't catch fire until the mission where we had to steal those buses.  I was all done with the "destroy the target vehicles" tactics of our brother team, so I took it upon myself to guard the depot and shoot people in the head while Killer Joe handled the hijacking.  I was very successful.

Now that Rippa has access to a fucking grenade launcher, I will not be so resistant to the Pistol Only deathmatches.

I might point out that I hosted everything last night and always kept in on "Owned + Pickups". If anything - I should have done Forced just so Robert didn't have his damn mini-gun during the capture with the buses.

I also realized last night that while I would probably never admit it - I guess I am a big game player. The Railyard Deathmatch proved it as with our three teams of two and I was like "Well let's see who gets saddled with me" and it turned out to be Melraz and I panicked and was all "Holy Shit! I can't embarass myself" mode.

That was replaced with "We Ain't Losing This Game" mode when 30 seconds hit and we were only down 1.

Yeah, Rippa. I am not buying the whole "I suck" routine anymore from you or Mark.  You guys are better murderers than you think you are.

Oh and the settings were just fine on the Bus mission.  Robert may have had his minigun, but I blew him up with my Grenade Launcher once and machine gunned him out of the driver seat later on.  Melraz was on our team and he also has a minigun, so we had an equalizer.

Once we were tied four to four, I sticky bombed the other remaining vehicles for insurance and was prepared to demolish the entire depot, but it wasn't needed since they switched tactics to just attack any vehicle we tried to steal to force a draw.  I just had to hold them off while one of us got away with a bus.. 

I thought it was going to end in a tie but the judges gave us the W based on K/D.  Dan won the second or third Capture match we did on K/D even though Fresh and I had taken the same number of briefcases as he did.

Well the minigun comment was more Robert gunned me down three times in a bus with one.

For whatever reason - the buses one worked a lot better than the tractor one as with the tractor one it just seemed like each team took turns delivering it and there really wasn't any defense or anything

Also - I just noticed something when looking up the batch of things that Rockstar just verified. There apparently is a limit to how many Verified things there can be at a time so the retired a bunch of stuff (at least from showing up in the choosing screen)

So - things like LS Forum, Jump And Die, and Jumps, Jumps, Jumps will no longer show up randomly. If we want to play them - someone has to have added them to their game from the Social Club page

EDIT - Oh and this is the list (and background) of the 10 newest Verified ones

To follow up what I was just saying - these are the 10 things that will no longer show up in the selection screen. They have to be hand chosen.

Over the Hill II

Jump And Die

Jumps, Jumps, Jumps

Quick N' Quarrelsome

Drift King

LS Forum

Seal Team Six

Saving Ryan's Privates

Prison Thugz Fight

Bridge of Death

Aw.  Mark's golf course map is not there nor is Kelvin's race.  We need to build a playlist of DVDR stuff so we can bring them up more often and give them more likes.

Oh, and you won't see me crying because SEAL TEAM SIX, Saving Ryan's Privates, or Bridge of Death don't show up in the Vote Screen anymore.

As much as I enjoy Prison Thugz Fight in all crew deathmatches, I already have my Platinum medal for melee kills, so I wouldn't be bummed if I never did PTF or Sky High Fight ever again.

I love Jumps Jumps Jumps. I always race to get the points towards my Flipping Hell or Spinderella medals.  I rarely race to win. 

LS Forum is a classic.  It should only be run as a GTA race.

Well the minigun comment was more Robert gunned me down three times in a bus with one.

You were properly avenged. Robert got what was comin' to him.  I know I got at least three X's on Rob as he pulled away from the depot in a bus.

I also had to avenge myself on that clever, sneaky bastard.  He was circling the block near the depot in an ambulance and ran me over twice.  I didn't think anything of it at first.  Just thought it was the game's AI responding to all of the pedestrian deaths and chalked it up to bad luck on my part. 

But then I checked my map and saw Rob's blue dot corresponding to the movement of the emergency vehicle and then he pulled into the depot to capture a bus.  Fuck me..

Based on that article - it seems that they give preference to people who have a lot of user creator things

I really need to create a couple of things just to get stuff towards those awards

Based on that article - it seems that they give preference to people who have a lot of user creator things

I really need to create a couple of things just to get stuff towards those awards

You'd probably do better than most.  Some of the user created stuff is pretty horrible.  Mark's golf course deathmatch is about the most well balanced user made deathmatch and I am not saying that out of bias.  He's tweaked that map nicely.

Classy Constuction is also well designed.  I like that map.

Speaking of deathmatches, I am 14 for 25 out of getting the War Pig platinum medal for deathmatch participation, so I am down with deathmatches even if I get my ass kicked because even a loss goes towards the progress count. Ideally, I will earn progress towards the War Pig medal by putting bullets directly into domes and coming out on top.

I might point out that I hosted everything last night and always kept in on "Owned + Pickups". If anything - I should have done Forced just so Robert didn't have his damn mini-gun during the capture with the buses.

I also realized last night that while I would probably never admit it - I guess I am a big game player. The Railyard Deathmatch proved it as with our three teams of two and I was like "Well let's see who gets saddled with me" and it turned out to be Melraz and I panicked and was all "Holy Shit! I can't embarass myself" mode.

That was replaced with "We Ain't Losing This Game" mode when 30 seconds hit and we were only down 1.

That was the first time I'd used the minigun, and I only got 1 kill with it.  The rest of those kills were with the combat MG, which is my go to weapon.  I did have my one kill with the rocket launcher where I hit either JT or melraz in the windshield head on with it and it looked like the rocket traveled the entire length of the bus.

I thought I was perfectly set up to make the save on the last bus coming out of the depot when JT shot me in the head from somewhere.

I was the one that ate the rocket launcher round while driving the bus.  I also fell for Rob's ambulance ploy.  I had no clue that it was him behind the wheel of the ambulance that ran me over until he came out of the driver's seat to finish me off while I was down in the street.  I just chalked up the first vehicle graze that nearly killed me to bad timing due to the AI responding to so many vehicle fires.

I never saw where Rob and Dan were camping until they fired on Rippa while he was making his move.  That's when I came out of cover near the depot and rushed their position.  I got Rob and Dan had me dead bang while I reloaded, but my job was done.  I thought it would end up in a tie because time ran out before Rippa could deliver his bus, but we got the win because of our combined K/D ratio.

And yeah, Rob loves his Combat MG.  One time during the bus mission match, he fired so many rounds at the car I was hiding behind that the bullets moved the vehicle backwards and I popped up out of cover.  I think i took two steps towards cover before I was reduced to red mist.

Yeah - I had no idea Robert was in the ambulance until the bus I was trying to deliver got blown up.

I was like "Oh look - we must have killed a civilian" and then BOOM!!!!

Note to self - drive more ambulances.  I just picked up whatever was nearby, and inadvertently stumbled onto a cunning ploy.

My favorite kill of the night was still the sticky bomb in the 3 team deathmatch.  I was looking at all those tanker trucks, thinking nefarious thoughts, when I decided to slap a sticky bomb on one. 

I was praying somebody would happen past when melraz wanders up.  the combination of the explosion going off, me laughing my ass off, and him cursing me out probably caused permanent hearing damage to the rest of our party.

Favorite death was turning around in the trailer park deathmatch to see Dan's assault rifle 3 inches from my head.

Favorite death was turning around in the trailer park deathmatch to see Dan's assault rifle 3 inches from my head.

Favorite death came during the three team deathmatch.  I was looking through my sniper scope and zooming in on Melraz just in time to note that he had already zoomed in on me.  I couldn't catch a break.  I think everyone on the other teams shot me at least twice per person. 

I was frustrated because I am usually a much better deathmatch player than that.  I made lots of horrible tactical decisions..  I kept whipping out my Special Carbine when I wanted to break out my Assault Shotgun.  Dan smoked me dozens of times with headshots while I just dumped assault rifle rounds into his armor. 

He'd have gone down a lot faster in close quarters if I had made sure I was armed with the AS... or not because once Dan goes into the zone during a deathmatch he is hard to bring down.

Favorite kill was my grenade attack on your bus.  I wasn't going to blow up any of the target vehicles until Dan started blowing us up while we were en route to our base. 

It was then that my strategy turned to the Sun Tzu denial ploy.  Either deny access to the depot by simply gunning you down as you came in, or deny access to the buses by destroying them with the sticky bombs I had them fitted on them. 

You guys were smart though.  Once the score was tied, you went into Prevent mode in the hope to get kills as we tried to get the winning bus to our base.  I couldn't camp at the depot anymore because that was not the focus or your attack.

It was funny because as time was running out - at least 3 RPGs whizzed by me as I was trying to deliver the game winning bus

That was me. God, I was pissed. "You're a Level 288795 and you can't hit a freakin' bus with an RPG?"

I was blowing up the other team's buses with sticky bombs at first because I was in the area with nothing better to do and it seemed fairly early for y'all to be bringing in two buses. I couldn't even figure out where the dang buses were on the map. As soon as I got "centered," I started taking buses and trying to get them back to base.

I feel bad for whoever gets saddled with me on a deathmatch team, and I can tell whoever gets saddled with me feels bad, too. I never play Deathmatches without you guys, and it's a different style than Freemode (though I'm not very good at Freemode, either). When the other team's blips disappear, I'm like "oh dear." Just remember, guys on my team, this is for fun and the spirit of sportsmanship.

I can't believe some of the jobs they took off the screen. God, Prison Thugs was a practical constant. And I was hoping we'd get to do Jump or Die last night. You should be able to start them like you start Jobs from the "Online" menu, at least. 

Oh, and I considered it a bad sign that I, the world's worst plane flyer, was watching Rippa land in that mission and thinking "he's coming in way too hot, this isn't gonna go well."

Yeah - I went through and added all the "good" ones (Fuck Seal Team Six and Saving Ryan's Privates) so I should be able to pull them up from our menus.

I think I might start us off on those when we have the larger group - especially since we haven't done the full chaos of a GTA LS Forum with melraz yet

God - I am so happy last night occurred because I so needed that after the day I had.

Y'all rule

I'd been wondering if they had removed some of those jobs from the lists.  I did a crapload of random deathmatches over the last 5 days or so, and only got Prison Thugz once.  Never got Seal Team 6 or Ryan's Privates even once.  It's really improved picking up random matches.

Last night was good stuff, other than my router crapping out twice.  That's the first time I've had that much uninterrupted time to play in at least a year, and every bit of it was fun.  Even the second router flake out was good, since I really needed to head off the airport anyway.  And I actually won a solo deathmatch for the first time in forever.  At the rate I'm going, I'll get that burning heart tattoo about 6 months before I qualify for social security.

Oh, and I considered it a bad sign that I, the world's worst plane flyer, was watching Rippa land in that mission and thinking "he's coming in way too hot, this isn't gonna go well."

Dan's landing was the stuff of poetry.

Rippa's landing was the stuff of Cracked magazine.

This is why I pilot the helicopter and not the airplane.

To be fair - the only reason I was flying was because something had to be done to that plane for us to finish the mission and no one else had taken it.

And I would have fucking pulled it off... except for the fucking jersey wall.

God you would have thought I would have remembered it was there. I mean that is the same exact spot I steal a car from after I drop off a car for Simeon.

Oh well - cheap flying points and all that.

You did better than me, Rippa.  I didn't even bother to volunteer for airplane delivery duty.  I knew it would end in tears.

At least we had all available aircraft in the air this time.. *cough* Mark *cough*

I figured Dan would land his, so the pressure would be off Rippa and me.  I was set up for a decent landing, but didn't see a Sentinel coming on till it was too late to pull up.

Yeah, you, Dan, & melraz are the best pilots out of the crew with the overall edge going to Dan.  Dan is like fucking Miracle on the Hudson when he's flying a jet.

Melraz gets the nod if there is ever any fighter piloting to be done during a mission. I will never ever play any version of Top Fun if Melraz is a hunter.

I've never landed a plane, even on a runway, so I figured the mission would be no time to start. That mission as a whole lacked for more Tango Bravo Charlie Delta Niner official communications nonsense talk.

The steal the Titan mission was oddly like taking candy from a baby last night - usually when I play that one, something goes tragically wrong.

Biggest danger on that mission was melraz with his Buzzard.  I was just waiting for the whole hanger to go up in a giant fireball.

He was great air support on the truck stealing mission though.  My biggest contribution to that mission was getting in the way.