DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown spoilers, 16th August 2013

The Natural

I really liked Sandow v. Christian, but I have no interest in Sandow v. Cody as Cody is the most average wrestler in the history of average wrestlers.

I like the idea of the Wyatt Family, more than I do the actual Wyatt Family.  I still love their entrance and their look, but I kind of agree that there is something about Bray's delivery when he's in front of a live audience that doesn't really work for me.  On the other hand I absolutely agree that he shouldn't be selling fear of the Inferno Match at all.  

To me, Ziggler could very be their next Edge if they would just let him be himself.

Setting the bar a little low, isn't it?
What a retarded statement. Edge was a big star for them who worked his ass off. The guy won like 30 titles. I'm guessing Dolph would be more then happy to have a career like that.

Not to belabor the point, but why would a Messiah character show fear?  Isn't it the point of a Messiah character that he believes he'll bring salvation and gain power more in death than he would in life?  The second the character shows fear you expose him as a phony.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of other reasons he can't sell in his next feud and the one after that.  

Stand tall, Fredo. It's not you who's wrong. It's everyone else.

Whatever. Enjoy it or don't.  

Good god, we get it. Just shut up already.

You know If I went off on you. You crybabies would whine for fucking weeks about it. Don't reply to me and I will not reply to you. 

Not all heels are chickenshit heels. Laughing at Kane's threats (although note that the family does seem scared) is his way of standing up to Kane, which is designed to make people think "damn, this dude is crazy, Kane is going to have to step it up" in the same way Mankind shrugged off all the Undertaker's schtick.

Its not being chickenshit, just a little concern over being burned alive. Even Andre and Vader would look concerned. Shit Andre fainted to sell for Damien.
That got old after a while. It was refreshing when Earthquake merely hated snakes and squashed Damien instead of turning into a squeamish little girl. It got annoying how everyone who feuded with Taker leading to a casket match seemed to have a major phobia regarding caskets.Wyatt is the right character to have a change of pace and have someone have a different reaction to Kane than other wrestlers have in the past.

Stand tall, Fredo. It's not you who's wrong. It's everyone else.

Whatever. Enjoy it or don't.

Are you talking about Wyatt's character and the angle which everyone but you seems to be enjoying, or you beating this one questionable point into the dirt, the enjoyment factor of which is not apparent to me?

Y'know, it's a commonly-held misconception that "posting a lot of stupid shit" = trolling, not least by would-be trolls themselves. The whole point of trolling is to incite argument that continues after the troll has absented itself from the proceedings. When the "argument" is a bunch of people calling one person an idiot for posting idiotic things, it's not successful trolling, it's just people playing whack-a-moron.

• Like 1

-Wyatts-Kane deal was good.  I just genuinely love Bray Wyatt's voice when he does a promo.  Dude could read audio books and I would listen to them, like Werner Herzog (Just a very different voice!).

-Sandow-Christian was a lot of fun.  That bump Christian took off the stairs was some Mick Foley-level-dude-launching-himself-off-a-knee-bump-level flying there.  Sandow working the cartwheel in as a counter is so much better than just doing it at the end of the match.  It's too bad the MITB briefcase have to be for their own respective titles, because Sandow coming out and cashing in on Cena/Bryan at Summerslam and being Vince's new well-spoken Corporate champion would be killer.

-Loved the 6-man.  Henry was great here.  I loved the part where he faked out the guys on the apron by shouting them.  The sequence on the floor was amazing, too, culminating in Rollins' insane tope and Ambrose's great sell of the WMD.

-Miz-Swagger was pretty boring.  I liked the pre-match spiel where Coulter said that nobody liked the Miz because it's true.  If anyone from WWE is reading this, contact me as I've already fantasy-booked Miz' heel turn (It involves a losing streak and Ted DiBiase!).

-Bryan-Barrett was really terrific.  I liked Bryan channeling all his frustration into that one sequence where he kicked Barrett and alternated with a kendo stick shot and just pummeled him with it.  Vince's insane mocking of Bryan's beard and his attempt to communicate a dwarf (I guess?!) was amazing.  The last bit with the ref bump, Maddox (who took a nasty cane shot!), Vince teasing putting on the shirt and Triple H was really great and probably should have been done on Raw when more people were watching.

Fun show.

Y'know, it's a commonly-held misconception that "posting a lot of stupid shit" = trolling, not least by would-be trolls themselves. The whole point of trolling is to incite argument that continues after the troll has absented itself from the proceedings. When the "argument" is a bunch of people calling one person an idiot for posting idiotic things, it's not successful trolling, it's just people playing whack-a-moron.

Or it was someone trying to have a reasonable discussion and a few dummies going crazy at the idea. Saying a guy who has only been around a few weeks is not a good promo is not stupid. No matter how many of you micro brains stand on each others shoulders. It was not calling Jake Roberts or Tully Blanchard a bad promo. It is a fairly reasonable point. Right now he is 2003  Sean O'Haire. Saying a character that has only been around lacks the credibility to no or under sell the stip of a dangerous match is not stupid. It is a reasonable argument to make. You could make a reasonable disagreement to it. But instead people like you want to make it personal. Wait for me to say something, then act like the wounded party. 

A reasonable discussion would be going somewhere. You stated your opinion, and people disagreed. You've done nothing but repeated the same point over and over and whined when people got annoyed about it.

It's an argument over how a guy doing a gimmick who thinks he's the second coming of Jesus is crazy. Hell, the entire reason they are doing this match is to get over that the dude is batshit insane enough to not fear the flame.

I think its more the actual booking than anything Wyatt has done. The only reason you debut a guy in an inferno match with Kane, is if it leads to a match with Undertaker. I don't see where they expect to go after this. Since we all know how WWE pushes new guys. 

whined when people got annoyed about it.

Interesting term coming from one of you people.