DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/18 - 3/24/2024 - What Can I Say But, You're Welcome!

Rey Rey tried hard but age may have finally caught up to him so he kicked the shit out of Escobar instead. I can deal with Mysterio adapting to more of a ground game in later years, it was only a matter of time before he had to. Santos was better on offense. Not sure why Dom is being brought back in, I was assuming that Rey/Santos or a LWO/LdF 8-person tag was in the works for WM. 

Wade Barrett had some good lines tonight

OC/Theory & Waller and Street Profits/AOP were totally fine wrestling. Karl Anderson kicked it up a notch

Naomi "Sparkplug" Fatu/Iyo picked up after the break until the shit finish (two interference finishes in the first hour)

Loved LA Knight plugging next week's Smackdown while getting arrested in case a cop watching the body cam footage was on the fence

Main event promo was good but weirdly stalled before a strange ending. Not sure what happened but something felt messed up, maybe the crowd didn't work the way they thought or they went under time

• Like 1

Those two have been talkfighting for two months and it sucks. HHH is booking this like he's behind the mic again. Do they have some kind of no-contact edict they would violate? Because there has to be better ways to heat this up than "well we threw in Rocky... and Seth?" Can't they jump each other or something? This is pro wrestling, hit each other.

The women's match was really good, hot run-in too. No relief for you, heels stand tall, hahaha.

Cody and Aldis talking about which Men's Wearhouse is best in their respective home cities

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

Rey/Santos was solid-good even with Rey finally losing a step or two and having to slow it down. Dom helping out at the very amused it as I enjoy Dom taking every chance he can to fuck Rey over. Rey may have won their match last year, but the feud never ends.

Waller/Theory vs. OC was better than expected with anderson stepping up a notch or two and the crowd pretty into by the end. 

Naomi/Io was good even with the fuck finish. Dug everything before backstage with Bianca and how it built into the post match. Was glad to see DC standing at top at the end.

Profits/AOP was good. Was surprised to see the Profits win though with this being a more tourney style set up their spot in the ladder match isn't quite guaranteed yet. 

Final segment was mostly decent though a little long and awkward at times.

The matches and segments were generally good for the most. The weakest part of the show was surprisingly the main event given how well most of these Bloodline vs. Cody & friends segments have gone the past 5-6 weeks. Pretty solid show overall.

• Like 1

Main segment definitely felt off near the end part of it was the crowd being dead but it felt like they forgot a cue or something. I thought this was Cody’s worst showing in a while. 

Nice to see more focus on Bayley/Iyo/Damage Ctrl which seemed to have cooled a little. The additions of Naomi and Bianca feel natural and you can understand everyone's motivations. I enjoyed Iyo vs Naomi and all of the post and pre-match antics. Nice touch to have Naomi try to shield Bianca's body with her own as DC beat them down. Bayley vs Iyo has been the Mania match I'm most looking forward to. 

Meanwhile, on LVL UP

WATCH THIS MATCH: Tavion Heights d. a debuting Saquon Shugars. Both look amazing here. They make a waist-lock takedown look DEVASTATING. Shugars actually makes a bit during a drop-down exchange look good, does some unusual diving elbows and legdrops, takes an incredible high back body drop and Heights does like nine straight gutwrenches and his throws look superb.

Jaida Parker d. a debuting Lainey Reid. Lainey is described as a former hurdler with rodeo experience, "polite, respectful, and charming" and has some low-energy country twanging as entrance music, so I'm a little wary. Reid does Michaels' turnbuckle flip pretty well, and has a nice recovery from a diving sunset flip that goes a bit awry. This picks up a bit once Parker starts trash-talking; her striking is uneven but buoyed by her crowd work. Reid's small package is tighter than Carlee Bright's, but not as nice as Gigi Dolin's. It looks like she tries to finish with a kneebreaker out of the corner, but Parker seems to counter it and hits a... jumping leg lariat? running Famous-er? to win. OK overall.

Eddy Thorpe d. Uriah Connors. Uriah, formerly Brogan Finlay, has a weird combination of high ponytail, cutoff jacket and tiny pants, making him seem somewhat unlikable. This is worked with a surprising level of parity until a successful Connors dive... after which Thorpe regains control for a bit, which seemed odd. Connors has some brief runs of nice offense before Thorpe puts him down with an elevated DDT. This was also fine! Doesn't feel likely that whoever Connors hits next gives him as much as Thorpe did here.

• Like 2