DVDVR Message Board

Your 2022 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

It's Minoru Suzuki versus the King of Texas, Barrett Brown.  This is your Suzuki match but Brown makes it good trial by fire.  Suzuki beats the violence and Brown tries to match it- in a Suzuki match framework, so this is fun variation on a theme.

=========================

Clark Connors was awesome at Forbidden Door and this match against TJP is more of what he is about as a wrestler.  TJ Perkins is way overlooked great wrestler.  This is great.

============================

Man, Cerebro Negro is so good.  Here, he wrestles technico against quality rudo, Tonalli.  Cerebro Negro starts the match by bleeding, so you know it's fucking great.

Puma de Oro and Dick Angelo martinet Noisy Boy!  They put a neck brace on him while carting him out!  Aster Boy makes his entrance and is baffled!  Where is his partner?  They go back to the locker room and tell Cerebro Negro Jr to put his boots on- HE'S ON!  He hits the ring and they tope the rudos because they now ready to go!  This match is great.  Puma de Oro and Dick are total dicks!

========================

David Francisco and Kylo Reece are both complete dicks BUT they also hate EACH OTHER!  This is a problem when you are up against the Rock n Roll Express of the UK indies!  Wrestle Force rules.

=======================

This is an extended Factory vs the Wingmen six man but in the form of UK indie guys I've never seen before.  This is really fun.

• Like 1

Terry Yaki vs Noah Hossman. If you watch the finish and are worried, rest assured that he's fine and not in any way paralyzed.

• Like 1

Kira Chimera is my favorite UK indie lady wrestler.  She gets automatic heat because she is from France and she cheats like a total QUEEN.  Ava White is prolly the most improved wrestler on the UK indie scene.  This match is great.  For the WRESTLE FORCE Women's STRAP~!

===================

This match is part of the never ending feud between Bengalee and the EVIL and BEAUTIFUL Satania.  They go all out in this- hitting dives and hitting dangerous moves, as I think this must be a blow-off to something.  Mary Caporal is a good partner for Satania and Diosa Quetzal might be a better wrestler than Bengalee.  POSTMATCH interviews are fucking GREAT as this feud is not over, it appears.  Bengalee is such a great babyface.

It's Aurora and LA Taylor!  I saw them wrestle last September and their ROLES WERE REVERSED!  They are gals in the UK indies and they're good.  Aurora yells at children!

• Like 1

I posted this in the Puro thread but NicoNico are currently (as in right this moment) streaming a ZERO1 Fire Festival show from earlier today for free on their website here. Now, if you've followed indy wrestling in Japan you've come across NicoNico & probably grumble about it, so you'll know I cannot guarantee this will still be available after the "as-live" feed ends. It started about half an hour ago & the 4 tournament matches are still to come but hopefully the whole thing is still available freely tomorrow because it's nice for people to get a chance to be reminded ZERO1 still exists.

Also this has probably the tournament match I'm most excited for, Fuminori Abe vs Masato Tanak.

• Like 3

HOLY SHIT! THIS MATCH IS AWESOME.  Suzu Suzuki is fucking great.  MIRAI isn't having any of it!  STIFF!  Fucking STIFF!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

BLACK GENERATION~! Here, they are in a rematch with the fucking awesome La Pandemia- Pandemonium, Pandemonium Jr and El Hijo de Pandemonium!  Fargo struts!  Black Geration is so awesome.  Bendito is the coolest looking luchador currently around.  HE'S GOT HORNS!

====================

NOAH's Junta Miyawaki and Dragon Gate's Takuma Fujiwara continue their excursion into the funnest parts of Mexico- as they wrestle in IWRG and look like they are having a big old time.

====================

I've been procrastinating about watching this because it's Colega Pro and Colega Pro is just too strange to watch.  But Gordlow is seeing Daimonji So wrestling Yuji Okabayashi so here he is tagging with Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP!'s HOSS Daisuke Kanehira (the one that looks like Takayama's yunger brother, Timmy.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is streaming as we speak!  Konosuke Takeshita and Cole Radrick will be the main event.

EDIT:  Speedball Mike Bailey vs Axton Ray is really good.  I need more Axton Ray in my life.  Dragon Lee and Gringo Loco in the same ring is awesome.  I'm guessing since Takeshita towers over Radrick, this is a dry run of Konosuke vs Gresham.  This match is a hoot.

I'm now wondering if Taya Valkyrie was the best addition to the KnockOuts- as opposed to the great Mia Yim.  Either way, this is Taya at the beginning of her GIANT roll of good matches.  She will fucking LAY IT IN.  Deonna Purrazzo is awesome.

=======================

I think I love El Phantasmo.  His wrestling is so odd.  I love that he one half Koji Kanemoto and one half Ivan Koloff and one half Danhausen.  Strange.  Judas Icarus is good.

=======================

Come for Rina Yamishita, stay for the Toru Sugiura and wonder why both of these vastly talented wrestlers do so many death matches.  This is very enjoyable though. VIOLENTO JACK!

• Like 3

Why, I remember Takashi Sasaki on the first DDT handhelds that showed in 1997.  He was a highflier.  Here, Rina Yamashita powerbombs him through a barbed wire board.  What a long, strange trip it has been.

=================

There have been many good matches in Wrestle Force but this Jordan Saeed vs Connor Mills match is probably the best.

======================

The Dark Sun Brothers means that Sol and X-Devil are an official tag team!  This is a good debut.

• Like 2

https://vk.com/video-4499945_456248980?t=53m19s

On the 1st July Michinoku Pro ran one of their Korakuen Hall shows & SamuraiTV were there to record it.

This one was headed by a Junior Title Match between MUSASHI & the returning Fujita "Jr" Hayato. This was his first match in 3 & a half years, and second in 5 years. First he ruptured a knee ligament and then he was found to have a tumour in his spine. But finally he's been cleared to return to action.

The match manages to be both scarily violent and pretty moving, and is one of the best matches I've seen this year

• Like 4

Los Terribles Cerebros!  The Bad Brains!  A peace together, a piece apart, a piece of wisdom from our heart. What's better than Dr Cerebro and Cerebro Negro tagging togetherNOTHING!  This is great.

=======================

Hey! Kimura Chimera and Saffire Reed beat the living hell out of each other.  IN ENGLAND!

==========================

It's the Hardy Boys!  It's Matt Taven and Mike Bennett!  Jeff Hardy does that Curt Hennig thing.  Matt Taven and Matt Hardy are the glue that keeps this match together.

• Like 1

It's Jun Kasai!  Here, he wrestles Kyu Mogami the owner of the MANLIEST hairstyle in the history of men with hair on their heads.  I love that this starts off as low rent death match- but after all the boards are used up, they have a straight wrestling match AND IT'S GOOD!

================

It's Raj Singh and Shera up against Zicky Dice and Johnny Swinger.  I thought Shera and Raj Singh were higher up the totem pole than they are.

=====================

I first saw Vita Vonstarr in the ROH women's title tournament- which in hindsight was completely loaded.  Here she wrestles Adeena Steel, who I've never seen before.  Vonstarr is good.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dead Magic said:

Sendai Girls 7.10 Korakuen main event

Oh man, this match is great.

Spoiler

EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX!

• Like 1

FREEDOMS has been posting a lot of wrestling lately and I back their play one hundred percent. Here, their two best straight wrestlers, Rina Yamashita and Toru Sugiura, wrestle a straight wrestling match.  So it's good.

=======================

So the Conner Mills/Jordan Saeed match keeps the Best Wrestle Force match distinction for three days! James Pharrell wrestling as a babyface against youthful douche, Mark Trew, takes the mantle of Best MAtch in Wrestle Force.  This is waaaaaaaaay great.  Mark Trew will bump to get the match to the next stage.  He is a budding Darby Allin.

Gigi Rey, according to cagematch.net, has been wrestling for two years.  She is going to be good real soon.  Here, Raychell Rose reels her in and plays to her strengths.  This is good.

• Like 1

This kinda showed up on the internet.  Kento Miyahara and Atsuki Aoyagi and Jake Lee and Rising Hayato in a match!

========================

Chelsea Green is too big for IMPACT! and the NWA.  Raychell Rose is too big for Texas.  Here, they wrestle.

==========================

Awesome IMPACT! Luchadores, Laredo Kid and Black Taurus, wrestle in some place in Mexico.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 12:11 PM, DEAN said:

Why, I remember Takashi Sasaki on the first DDT handhelds that showed in 1997.  He was a highflier. 

My first memories of Takashi Sasaki were as BJW Deathmatch champion. I had no idea he was a highflier at some point. Better as a deathmatch guy or highflier?

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

My first memories of Takashi Sasaki were as BJW Deathmatch champion. I had no idea he was a highflier at some point. Better as a deathmatch guy or highflier?

Oh death match guy.

• Like 2