DVDVR Message Board

The Cricket Thread, Mark 2

SirFozzie

Australia out, having failed to thread the needle (If Bangladesh had won inside 12.1 overs, they would have advanced, if they won but outside the 12.1 overs Australia would have advanced, but Afghanistan won and made the semis (along with SA, England and India)

Doesn't feel right to have a knockout stage game without the Aussies.

And in other news, Warner retired from international cricket. They should gift him a lifetime supply of sandpaper as a farewell gift 🙂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Doesn't feel right to have a knockout stage game without the Aussies.

Doesn't it? Feels pretty right to me.

Of course, I could be persuaded that England don't deserve to be there either, despite what athletes tell you, team sports are never about what's 'deserved.'

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Jimmy's 2-11 over ten overs so far in his last innings

And it will be his last innings, I don't see West Indies getting 171 more runs tomorrow being six down to start the day.

Edited by SirFozzie

They think Jimmy's career is all over.. it is now.

(if I'm reading this Cricinfo stat right, he had more Wickets in Test VICTORIES than the previous record owner (Ian Botham) had in TOTAL).

And Lords in shambles.. because it finished so early they had to offer a full day's refunds.. if the Windies could have bat for three more overs the crowd would have only received half refunds

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

And Lords in shambles.. because it finished so early they had to offer a full day's refunds.. if the Windies could have bat for three more overs the crowd would have only received half refunds

Speaking of Shambles, the "Tests Must Be Five Days" crowd (don't make me go into the archives to pull up exactly which ones of us are card carrying members) are in Shambles; when was the last time England made it past a fourth day without the help of rain?

At any rate, what to say about Jimmy Anderson? He was very good for a long time and it's going to be weird without him.