DVDVR Message Board

SDL is M.A.D.D. About You - 5/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Compare and contrast how Jeff Hardy's current employers use him on TV, with how Matt Hardy's employers do. It's fairly obvious which brother wakes up in the morning happy and excited at the prospect of going to work, isn't it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I wonder what we get at SummerSlam?

Drew v Jinder?
Sasha v Bayley?
Fiend v Strowman?
Asuka v Shayna?

I could see Drew vs. Lesnar rematch at the top.  

Everything else you said is a good call...  

Probably some sort of stipulation match between Rollins and Mysterio.   Maybe hair vs. mask?  Maybe a loser leaves town? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I think the 18 seconds match was a weird blessing in disguise.  It was complete bullshit but because it bothered them that much it's almost like they were even more driven to have a killer match when given time.  Dare I say it may have created a bond between that just made things work form that point forward.  So I very much agree that they have great chemistry.

Now I haven't seen the recent match or even most of SD yet but I'd rather talk about this than an opening segment that makes one man's past drinking issues into an angle.  Fuck that shit.  I'll get around to the rest of the show at some point though.

EDIT:  Just saw the thread title and got a good chuckle out of that one.

I didn't think it was that bad.  They've been playing up the Hardy Redemption angle the last few months, Sheamus is annoyed at all the attention and second chances he is getting and vows to do something about it.  Sheamus gets beaten in his chance to show who's superior.  Driven somewhat crazy that he wasn't able to accomplish what he said he would, Sheamus frames Jeff Hardy by knocking him out, dumping alcohol on him, planting said alcohol in the car, hitting Elias with a car and leaving the alcohol so Hardy is arrested on reputation and Sheamus steals his spot in the tournament.  Hardy is cleared, comes back to attack Sheamus and cost him his shot in the finals.  Why wasn't Sheamus arrested? Jeff declined to press charges so he can mete out his own form of justice.  It's classic soap opera bad guy stuff where they create an overcomplicated revenge plot that is easy to unravel and so much less effective than just, you know, kicking him in the face?

This stuff about turning his past issues into angle isn't really a big deal, to me.  Actors do it all the time.  Should Robert Downey Jr. never play an addict or alcoholic again because of past issues?  To do so, would have robbed us of his great performance in 'Zodiac'.  If Hardy is okay with it, who am I to tell him that he shouldn't do it?

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Compare and contrast how Jeff Hardy's current employers use him on TV, with how Matt Hardy's employers do. It's fairly obvious which brother wakes up in the morning happy and excited at the prospect of going to work, isn't it?

If Jeff isn't excited at the prospect of going to work, he's sure fooling me.  He threw himself wholeheartedly into that performance on Friday night.  The staggering and "Oh my head!" remarks, and his "ELIAS? NOOO!" showed him 100% into it.  Like, he was way more into that performance on Smackdown than he ever seemed doing the Brother Nero stuff in Impact! (Matt is super into that whole thing, but Jeff often looked checked out on it.  I don't feel he was ever as happy doing it as he was doing the Charismatic Enigma stuff)

If he was so unhappy, he's a big enough star that he could've just said "I don't wanna do it" and wait out the leftover time on his contract and stroll in AEW.

Edited by caley