Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Returning to this post, does anyone here wear MMA clothing?

i have 2 UFC shirts. 1 (black v-neck T) i got for free from Buffalo Wild Wings. The other (also a black T) i had made. the front has the old UFC Ultiman logo and the back has a bunch of MMA promotion logos on it. Let me see if i can dig out those pics.

Front:
fVD9z8v.jpg

back:
QvWldl1.jpg

Edited by twiztor
pictures
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That OG UFC logo is about the only shirt I'd wear. Unless there's a Popek Monster shirt I'm unaware of. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm waiting for either Roberson to miss weight again or Vettori to go in so emotional he leaves himself open and gets countered into oblivion. 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 8:16 PM, twiztor said:

i have 2 UFC shirts. 1 (black v-neck T) i got for free from Buffalo Wild Wings. The other (also a black T) i had made. the front has the old UFC Ultiman logo and the back has a bunch of MMA promotion logos on it. Let me see if i can dig out those pics.

Front:
fVD9z8v.jpg

back:
QvWldl1.jpg

Cheers, @twiztor. Nice representation of the different MMA organisations. Man, World Extreme Cagefighting was great. My second favourite MMA promotion behind the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Still satisfying as fuck. Bisping takes the fight on 17 days notice and KO's Luke Rockhold in the first round for the upset win to become the new UFC Middleweight Champion of the World. Left hook Larry! Bisping' started 2016 beating Anderson Silva by decision, KTFO Rockhold and defending the UFC Middleweight Championship in Manchester by decision against Dan Henderson.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are several new bouts that have been made over the last couple days:

5/30
Tim Elliott vs. Brandon Royval
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Antonina Shevchenko 
Brok Weaver vs. Roosevelt Roberts
Casey Kenney vs. Louis Smolka
Chris Gutierrez vs. Vince Morales 
Spike Carlyle vs. Billy Quarantillo

6/6 (UFC 250)
Aljamain Sterling vs. Cory Sandhagen
Neil Magny vs. Anthony (Tony) Rocco Martin 
Sean O’Malley vs. Eddie Wineland
Chase Hooper vs. Alex Caceres

6/13
Marvin Vettori vs. Karl Roberson
Ariane Lipski vs. Luana Carolina 
Jordan Espinosa vs. Mark De La Rosa 
Julia Avila vs. Karol Rosa

6/20
Roxanne Modafferi vs. Lauren Murphy
Josh Emmett vs. Shane Burgos
Raquel Pennington vs. Marion Reneau
Tecia Torres vs. Brianna Van Buren 
Cortney Casey vs. Gillian Robertson

6/27
Aspen Ladd vs. Sara McMann
Jennifer Maia vs. Viviane Araujo

7/11 (UFC 251?)
Amanda Ribas vs. Paige VanZant 

7/18
Joseph Benavidez vs. Deiveson Figueiredo II

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

All of those UFC 250 fights look super even though with all of that added it's still not a great PPV card. 

What's Luana Carolina like? I really hope Lipski can start doing stuff in the UFC though I guess it wouldn't be the worse case scenario for her to flame out and return to KSW. Meanwhile, Ribas should really be able to dominate PVZ and get a name win, continuing her march toward a title shot. God damn, do I want a Ribas/Joanna fight down the road. 

Josh Emmett vs. Shane Burgos - whoa. Love that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

All of those UFC 250 fights look super even though with all of that added it's still not a great PPV card. 

What's Luana Carolina like? I really hope Lipski can start doing stuff in the UFC though I guess it wouldn't be the worse case scenario for her to flame out and return to KSW. Meanwhile, Ribas should really be able to dominate PVZ and get a name win, continuing her march toward a title shot. God damn, do I want a Ribas/Joanna fight down the road. 

Josh Emmett vs. Shane Burgos - whoa. Love that!

The best I can say for Luana Carolina is she's aight. She hasn't fought since her UFC debut against Priscila Cachoeira at UFC 237 over a year ago now. I cannot say I was blown away with that performance. It was Priscila Cachoeira again displaying her lack of defensive prowess.

From the Contender Series Brazil footage, I wasn't highly impressed with that either. I think she might be a product of someone who has been able to exploit the weakness of Brazilian regional MMA. So if Lipski wants a softer matchup, this might be it.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, The Natural said:

Still satisfying as fuck. Bisping takes the fight on 17 days notice and KO's Luke Rockhold in the first round for the upset win to become the new UFC Middleweight Champion of the World. Left hook Larry! Bisping' started 2016 beating Anderson Silva by decision, KTFO Rockhold and defending the UFC Middleweight Championship in Manchester by decision against Dan Henderson.

This got me thinking, what are your most satisfying MMA wins? Mine:

Randy Couture coming out of retirement knocking down Tim Sylvia with his very first punch and beating him to reclaim the UFC Heavyweight Championship at the age of 43.

Chan Sung Jung's Twister on Leonard Garcia winning by tapout with 1 second left in the second round.

Anderson Silva's matrix coming back to haunt him as Chris Weidman catches him to become UFC Middleweight Champion. The only time Silva was ever KTFO.

Holly Holm with the headkick and hammer fist punches heard round the world to an out cold Ronda Rousey taking Rousey's UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship and undefeated record.

Miesha Tate choking out Holm to become the new UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion.

Michael Bisping KTFO Luke Rockhold for the UFC Middleweight Championship.

The best comeback in MMA history achieved by Dominick Cruz as the Bantamweight GOAT beats TJ Dillashaw to win back the UFC Bantamweight Championship he never lost in the Octagon.

Thug Rose Namajunas with the big upset over Joanna Jędrzejczyk, by KO in the first round to become UFC Women's Strawweight Champion.

Amanda Nunes going up in weight faceplanting Cris Cyborg in less than a minute. Nunes wins by KO to win the UFC Women's Featherweight Championship to go with the UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship.

Kamaru Usman defending the UFC Welterweight Championship stopping Colby Covington with strikes in the fifth round.

You?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Natural said:

This got me thinking, what are your most satisfying MMA wins?

agreed on Couture's win over Timmeh.

also on Miesha Tate capturing the WBW title from Holm.

Bigfoot Silva KOing Overeem. my buddy is a huge Overeem fan and talked all kinds of shit about Bigfoot leading up to and during the fight. that comeback knockout left him speechless.

Rampage Jackson knocking out Chuck Liddell to win the UFC LHW title. i was watching in a bar. seems like everyone was there to "see Chuck knock this bum out". when i mentioned they previously fought in Pride, my input was dismissed. Got a couple free drinks cuz the bartender appreciated my knowledge.

Nate Diaz triangle choking Kurt Pelligrino. no personal connection here, but when Diaz flexed and flipped Kurt off it was fantastic and i loved it

Shinya Aoki getting brutally KO'd with a knee on a Dynamite card, seconds into the 2nd round. Aoki's tactics in the first round (stand fighting only rules) were dispicable, flopping everywhere, throwing dropkicks, and otherwise refusing to engage. the 2nd round (mma rules) made up for all that real quick.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck, I need a sequel to that state sponsored promo after the last win. I can't imagine what it would be like right now.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

"I gotta give my fuck offs... Fuck you to Canada for Meng Wanzhou... Fuck you to those Hong Kong protesters... Fuck you to..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

"I gotta give my fuck offs... Fuck you to Canada for Meng Wanzhou... Fuck you to those Hong Kong protesters... Fuck you to..."

First fight card back in front of fans needs to happen at the Toyota Center in Houston so she can cut a promo on Daryl Morey. That might be the first card since the SEG days where the UFC gets kicked out of a building, but first time during an actual event.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:25 AM, twiztor said:

agreed on Couture's win over Timmeh.

also on Miesha Tate capturing the WBW title from Holm.

Bigfoot Silva KOing Overeem. my buddy is a huge Overeem fan and talked all kinds of shit about Bigfoot leading up to and during the fight. that comeback knockout left him speechless.

Rampage Jackson knocking out Chuck Liddell to win the UFC LHW title. i was watching in a bar. seems like everyone was there to "see Chuck knock this bum out". when i mentioned they previously fought in Pride, my input was dismissed. Got a couple free drinks cuz the bartender appreciated my knowledge.

Nate Diaz triangle choking Kurt Pelligrino. no personal connection here, but when Diaz flexed and flipped Kurt off it was fantastic and i loved it

Shinya Aoki getting brutally KO'd with a knee on a Dynamite card, seconds into the 2nd round. Aoki's tactics in the first round (stand fighting only rules) were dispicable, flopping everywhere, throwing dropkicks, and otherwise refusing to engage. the 2nd round (mma rules) made up for all that real quick.

Cheers, @twiztor. Additional thanks for using Timmeh. I forgot that's how most people talk about Big Tim.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...