DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

I'm going to try to head this one off at the pass. Since it looks like it's going to be a huge issue going forward, I've edited the USADA thread:

You can talk about all pertinent items there.

Holy crap. Compare that to 250, as enjoyable as it was until the main event anyway. 

I do not like them teasing us with an OCTAGON ON THE BEACH only for it to be in some generic building (that happens to be on an island). I want Bash at the Beach '95, UFC Edition damn it.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You know what would be a good retirement spot? Fight Island.

Also:

Now that's a card! Hopefully this is one of the few UFC shows which goes out at a good time in the UK. I'm thinking that'll be the case here going by previous Abu Dhabi shows. Usually the preliminary fights air at 1am and the main card 3am Sunday morning. I'd do that for this one. The time difference doesn't work out well for WWE/AEW/UFC shows from the USA to the UK. WWE shows are midnight till 3-4am Monday morning. Only the hardcore or those with lack of sense watch them live!

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Now that's a card! Hopefully this is one of the few UFC shows which goes out at a good time in the UK. I'm thinking that'll be the case here going by previous Abu Dhabi shows. Usually the preliminary fights air at 1am and the main card 3am Sunday morning. I'd do that for this one. The time difference doesn't work out well for WWE/AEW/UFC shows from the USA to the UK. WWE shows are midnight till 3-4am Monday morning. Only the hardcore or those with lack of sense watch them live!

On New Year's Eve, I was watching Beyond Wrestling's Heavy Lies the Crown live. They did a countdown to midnight (Eastern Standard Time) BEFORE the main event, so it could be the first match of 2020. So the match started at 5AM UK time.

• Like 1

I  forgot about Herrig. She's always lookin real jacked. Lookin' real jacked, baby. Like holy shit, it has to be so crazy difficult for a woman to achieve that kind of definition and muscle mass. /body guy

Edited by Oyaji

So six months into the year, what's your Fighter of the Year, Fight of the Year, Knockout of the Year and Submission of the Year? I'll do Fighter of the Year, Fight of the Year and Knockout of the Year as I know those 100%.

Fighter of the Year: Justin Gaethje.

Fight of the Year: Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk, UFC 248.

Knockout of the Year: Cody Garbrant to Raphael Assuncao, UFC 250.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

It's an intriguing what if. I have some: 

Carlos Condit had he won the split decision vs. Robbie Lawler for the UFC Welterweight Championship as he should.

Benson Henderson's robvbery split decision win vs. Frankie Edgar. Edgar moved down to Featherweight as a result. One of the worst decisions ever, Edgar 49-46.

If GSP didn't vacate the UFC Welterweight Championship, would he have gone on to beat Silva's record for consecutive title defenses. I think so.

• Like 1