DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 30: Alvarez vs. Poirier II (7/28/2018) - Calgary, Alberta, Canada (Scotiabank Saddledome)

Elsalvajeloco

Is Eddie Alvarez a dirty fighter who cheats because he thinks he'll get away with it, or does he just not know the rules? Because that's two fights with Poirier with dodgy finishes, because Alvarez used illegal techniques at the end there. And after Goddard was calling him on the 12-6 elbow, Eddie was arguing it was legal because it wasn't to the head. Even though that's not the rule.

Also, referee Andy Social. Did he change it to that himself, or could his parents not resist it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Alvarez only has himself to blame. Eddie Alvarez threw an illegal strike against Dustin Poirier...again. He also grabbed the cage multiple times. 

Yeah, Eddie Alvarez needs a refresher course in MMA rules before he enters the cage to fight. What a muppet.

• Like 1

Joanna looked great but Torres's game plan was confusing or she just didn't have the same offensive out put she normal does. I get the putting her against the fence but Joana isn't stopping you with one strike so get inside instead of staying on the outside like Joanna wants like she did at the towards the end of round 2. 

The body kick but Aldo was nasty nasty.  The Main event was a crazy fight and yes Alvarez is either a cheater or just rules wise dumb as dirt. 

8 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Joanna looked great but Torres's game plan was confusing or she just didn't have the same offensive out put she normal does. I get the putting her against the fence but Joana isn't stopping you with one strike so get inside instead of staying on the outside like Joanna wants like she did at the towards the end of round 2. 

The body kick but Aldo was nasty nasty.  The Main event was a crazy fight and yes Alvarez is either a cheater or just rules wise dumb as dirt. 

I think Tecia's performance is a product of being at a gym with no history of producing top fighters. Joanna is a great fighter, but it's not like the Andrade fight where Andrade was just in her face from the get-go. I am not saying you have to sacrifice your love life for your career, but based on her performances recently against the top girls at 115 she wasn't already clearly better than, it's looking like the other way around. You can't expect to beat Joanna Jedrzejczyk if you're just at some gym in Colorado.

I think the only person who had a more baffling performance on this card was Randa Markos. Markos had a solid opening frame she won but after that, she was just staring at Ansaroff and throwing out a rudimental jab or 1-2. Her entries on the few takedowns she did attempt after round 1 were horrific. DC and Anik were talking about her wrestling background during the walkouts, but if you didn't know better, you would think her opponent had the wrestling background. Ansaroff didn't do much in the fight, but she did more than Markos who got tired in the third round doing virtually nothing. Also speaking of someone who left a gym that could've have helped her, I don't think Markos has had a remarkable performance since the one fight she did a camp at Tristar. She looked so promising on that season of TUF. Since then, it's been very pedestrian fight after fight.

• Like 2

Fucking Jose Aldo dragged a tear out of my eye during his celebration. That win was a huge confidence booster.  And Holy Fuck, the one-two body shot combo that was the beginning of the end for Lil' Heathen was fucking nasty.

And good on Porier for knocking Alvarez the fuck out.

• Like 2