DVDVR Message Board

Gord Downie - RIP

ChesterCopperpot

Hopefully that is your last post on this board, you stupid sack of shit.

Anyway, obviously this is not truly a surprise but none the less really sad news to wake up to. I had actually just started working on learning Nautical Disaster the last couple days. To me it's the coolest, lyrically strangest Tragically Hip song. It's the one song of theirs I think about the most, it's not truly a sad song, nor a nostalgic one. It plays out almost like a chapter from some lost great novel.

The Hip were so big in Canada that even people who aren't fans could name 5 songs unless they really lived way under a rock.

That concert that they did during the Rio Olympics that was broadcast on the CBC is really the stuff legends are made of.

I know a couple of people who went the last Hip show and it was basically their Woodstock.

Seems like the dude did what he loved for as long as he possibly could and that's a pretty good way to live.

RIP Gord

47 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I know a couple of people who went the last Hip show and it was basically their Woodstock.

Seems like the dude did what he loved for as long as he possibly could and that's a pretty good way to live.

RIP Gord

They played the final concert on national television live. it was a pretty big deal up here.

Pretty good musician, even better human being. The world lost one of the good ones.