DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, Glory, and LFA Thread (With 100% More Cages Suspended From Above Like Wrestling Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

I had no idea TJ had fought Little Czar and I just did a search for him and notice he's the Gunfighter now and not Little Czar anymore. He fought in VTJ in Japan some years ago as Little Czar.

Good times.

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The Fight Pass rabbit hole is real, man.

e35490d211208ba6d0d80a7ba431c0fd.gif

HELLO?! WHO IS IT?! NOT YOU AGAIN.

I fucking love kickboxing. 

Go back and watch the Sterling KO by Moraes in UFC last week he does the Dab when he gets KO and Sterling even made fun of himself on Social Media. 

ksw_41_early.jpg?1513209910

KSW 41
December 23, 2017
Katowice, PL (Spodek)

KSW Welterweight Championship: Borys Mańkowski (c) (76.8 kg) vs. Roberto Soldić (76.8 kg)
Popek Monster (115 kg) vs. Tomasz Oświeciński (105.3 kg)
KSW Featherweight Championship: Kleber Koike Erbst (c) (67.2 kg)* vs. Artur Sowiński (65.6 kg)
Marcin Wrzosek (66.3 kg) vs. Roman Szymański (66 kg)
Fernando Rodrigues Jr. (116 kg) vs. Michał Andryszak (114.1 kg)
Antoni Chmielewski (84.4 kg) vs. Damien Janikowski (84.4 kg)
Kamil Szymuszowski (70.5 kg) vs. Grzegorz Szulakowski (70.2 kg)
Łukasz Rajewski (66.3 kg) vs. Salahdine Parnasse (66.2 kg)
Maciej Kazieczko (70.8 kg) vs. Gracjan Szadziński (70.8 kg)

*Stripped of KSW featherweight title; Forefeits 40% of purse for missing weight

Cancelled Bouts:
KSW Welterweight Championship: Borys Mańkowski (c) vs. Dricus Du Plessis - Injury to Du Plessis

DQzhyAXVoAAwwos.jpg

RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 2nd ROUND
December 29, 2017
Saitama, JP (Saitama Super Arena)

RIZIN 61.0 kg GP 2nd Round
: Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Gabriel Oliveira
RIZIN 61.0 kg GP 2nd Round: Ian McCall vs. Manel Kape
RIZIN 61.0 kg GP 2nd Round: Shintaro Ishiwatari vs. Kevin Petshi
RIZIN 61.0 kg GP 2nd Round: Takafumi Otsuka vs. Khalid Taha
Shinobu Kandori vs. Gabi Garcia
Jiří Procházka vs. Karl Albrektsson
KING Reina vs. Cindy Dandois
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Baataryn Azjavkhlan
RIZIN 61.0 kg GP Alternate: Anthony Birchak vs. Jae Hoon Moon
Kizaemon Saiga vs. Kai Asakura
Shizuka Sugiyama vs. Kana Watanabe
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Strasser Kiichi

Cancelled Bouts:
Seiichiro Ito vs. Kai Asakura - Injury yo Ito (Nasal Fracture)

DQzhyAXVoAAwwos.jpg

RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament & Women's Super Atomweight Semifinal & Final ROUND
December 31, 2017
Saitama, JP (Saitama Super Arena)

RIZIN 61.0 kg GP Final
: TBD vs. TBD
RIZIN 49.0 kg Women's GP Final: TBD vs. TBD
RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Final: TBD vs. TBD
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Tsuyoshi Kosaka
Shinju Nozawa Auclair vs. Chelsea LaGrasse
Takanori Gomi vs. Yusuke Yachi
RIZIN 49.0 kg Women's GP Semifinal: Maria Oliveira vs. Kanna Asakura
RIZIN 49.0 kg Women's GP Semifinal: RENA vs. Irene Rivera
RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Semifinal: Mitsuhisa Sunabe vs. Yamato Fujita
RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Semifinal: Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Yuta "Cat" Hamamoto
RIZIN 61.0 kg GP Semifinal: TBD vs. TBD
RIZIN 61.0 kg GP Semifinal: TBD vs. TBD

Kleber missed weight for his KSW FW title defense.

He’s been stripped of the title and has forfeited 40% of his fight purse. The fight remains 5 x 5 and if Sowiński wins, he’s crowned the new KSW FW champ.

The big fight on the KSW card is Popek Monster vs. Tomasz Oświeciński.

Popek is a famous Polish rap singer and Tomasz is an actor who’s been linked with drug trafficking and being a gang member who’s rumored of having been arrested previously, but no criminal records can be found to confirm that...

Please excuse the double post, but I was thinking about last year's December Rizin show with Kron Gracie. Why isn't he on either of this year's cards? Seems like he does but one MMA fight a year  and it's usually in December. He seemed like the one Gracie who could actually be a good MMA fighter. Is he just doing BJJ tournaments? Is there much money in that? His philosophical promo after the match was also pretty great. Basically, what's Kron's deal?

Honestly, that's not something anyone is clear on as far as I'm concerned... Kron just like to do his thing whenever he wants to.

About the BJJ tournament thing, there's money, but not that much money. IIRC there was an interview with Dillon Danis on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani some months ago where said he winning I believe ADCC was about $40K or something around to that.

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

How's your stream? Everything was great up until about 5 minutes ago and now it's stuttering and dropping to the lowest vq.

Same. Its been choppy for a while now.

The live band playing 18 inches away from the fighters at the weigh ins and almost in the face of the promoters is unique...

I gave up on the stream. It's unwatchable. I checked on Twitter and there's others who had trouble with their streams and a friend of mine who used to order them told me he's hard trouble with their streams before, so I guess that was a one and done deal for me.

I already contacted them and they said they refunded me without even trying to help troubleshoot the deal.

I'm watching some of the card now and holy shit, the freak show fight lived up to the billing in that I don't think I've ever seen anybody so gassed, but that applies for both Popek and Oświeciński. The winner sat his ass on a stool to give his post-fight interview, still sucking as much wind as he could possibly get into his body a good five plus minutes after the fight. Amazing. Worse cardio than Dada 5000 and Kimbo Slice ffs. Totally delivered in a freak show kind of way. Oświeciński called out Artur Szpilka from the stool (lol) and then Szpilka shoved him from said stool. Szpilka is a heavyweight boxer that Deontay Wilder put up a highlight reel KO on last year.

The main event was fascinating. Roberto Soldic is a killer. They're calling him the next Cro Cop and I can see why. He has amazing striking technique, power, and accuracy. His footwork is really good, as he always keeps in the kicking range and he's a huge, long welterweight so he's able to basically stay in that comfort zone and his opponent has no chance to touch him. His defensive instincts and movement were impressive too, as were his sprawls. He fucking annihilated Mankowski with elbows from the guard so badly that the champ's cornermen had to drag his lifeless body on to the stool at the end of the third and that's where he retired shortly thereafter. At 22, Soldic could develop into a monster of a top fighter.

I'm going to catch the rest of the card sometime before the 72 hours pass. Shame about the stream but the five fights I've watched all were enjoyable in their own way and offered something very different.

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

Kazuyuki Fujita got KO'd yesterday in 3:59 of the first round at HEAT 41 by Sang Soo Lee.

I don't think Fujita should be fighting anymore.

In less depressing news, Seo Hee Ham defended her ROAD FC atomweight title by starching Jinh Yu Frey. Crazy what happens when you fight people your own size.

16 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't think Fujita should be fighting anymore.

Yeah, he's on an eight fight losing streak with five of those being KO's, one of which was the skull crushing Overeem knee from DREAM... And the previous loss to that was last month in ROAD FC.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:54 PM, Edwin said:

Honestly, that's not something anyone is clear on as far as I'm concerned... Kron just like to do his thing whenever he wants to.

About the BJJ tournament thing, there's money, but not that much money. IIRC there was an interview with Dillon Danis on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani some months ago where said he winning I believe ADCC was about $40K or something around to that.

It's been awhile since I checked (this was pre collapse of the Brazilian economy under Dilma so before 2015), but most of the tippity top Brazilian mainstays were doing fine because they attached themselves to one or two apparel sponsors and did seminars. I've never heard anyone from the Gracie family (loosely related or living in the US or abroad) ever having trouble making significant amount of money (relative to the popularity of the sport of course) in sport BJJ. However, I think MMA especially over the last five years has made it more lucrative for women from BJJ to transition to MMA. I think the MMA landscape for women would have looked dramatically differently if folks like Hannette Staack and Penny Thomas decided to enter MMA at their peak. Ronda Rousey ain't flying armbarring Hannette Staack like Sarah D'Alelio and other folks. I think if you would have added in Staack, Thomas, Ana Laura Cordeiro, and like another top judoka like Lucie Decosse along with Rousey, it would be exactly the same as having people like Galvao, Serginho, Maia, Gunnar Nelson, and Jacare entering MMA around the same time except all those women legitimately could have been world champs because the talent level at 135 & 145 was so thin. Those belts would have hotshotted all over the place, and we would have gotten some more insane, unreal looking squash matches to go on top of stuff like Rousey-D'Alelio and Rousey-Budd.

Something like ADCC at this stage is pretty much oldhat because the ADCC sabotaged itself by making the media pay to cover it and granting limited access. It's pretty much just another tournament now unless you have the connections. All these other submission grappling leagues either aren't going to pay that much, have unsustainable business models, or the promoter will probably skip town with the money. So unless you're a notable Brazilian or a Gracie, you probably will need to do as much as you can with how the current scene is now.