Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

And now I'm REALLY hoping I can get a decent role on that next seasonal reward weapon. I just kind of assumed they would drop in regular gameplay at some point.

If you scroll to the weapon (a machine gun) you should already be able to see the perks it will come with when you unlock it.

In my case, the MG dropped with Ambitious Assassin and Rampage.   Not great, but not horrible either.  Perks are good for trash mob clearing and Void barrier smashing, so toss a Minor Spec or Counterbalance Mod on it and mow shit down.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pluperfect will drop 3 more times with the Season Pass (73, 83 and 93)

Each one unlocks the Scrounger perk in a specific event (Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard strikes)

And then it will start dropping randomly when you play those modes

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Pluperfect will drop 3 more times with the Season Pass (73, 83 and 93)

Each one unlocks the Scrounger perk in a specific event (Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard strikes)

And then it will start dropping randomly when you play those modes

Good to know since I am up to 63 Season Pass Reward rank and Auto-Loading Holster on a Primary that isn't a shotgun or a sniper rifle is a pain in the ass, especially since Pluperfect already has a decent Reload Speed stat.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you scroll to the weapon (a machine gun) you should already be able to see the perks it will come with when you unlock it.

In my case, the MG dropped with Ambitious Assassin and Rampage.   Not great, but not horrible either.  Perks are good for trash mob clearing and Void barrier smashing, so toss a Minor Spec or Counterbalance Mod on it and mow shit down.

I will check later, but somehow I doubt that will be replacing Hammerhead for me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I will check later, but somehow I doubt that will be replacing Hammerhead for me.

NOTHING will replace Hammerhead as the best all around purple machine gun I own.  I haven't done CoS so I don't have the raid MG yet.  Hopefully that may change.

Which reminds me that I need to grind that BA MG weapon frame before the week is out.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I didn't want to be that guy who Jotunned his way through the fusion rifle part of the armor bounty, but Rebuke and Telesto spammers forced my hand.

I debated that briefly but I didn't want to was the upgrade modules so I just went with the free Wizened Rebuke and was fine

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2019 at 8:57 PM, RIPPA said:

I debated that briefly but I didn't want to was the upgrade modules so I just went with the free Wizened Rebuke and was fine

The Telesto spammers were particularly problematic because they were trying to use a glitch that allowed them to immediately recover their super.

You'll probably notice that Telesto cannot be equipped.  It's disabled until it's patched.

I got an Iron Legend medal today.  I didn't realize I was close to the 20 kill streak until I got the medal.  I got nicked a couple times in between headshots while trading fire, so no Ghost Wolf to go along with my seventh IB gold medal.

I was in precision kill mode so much that I forgot all about my super.  16 more scout kills for the RTK quest.

I also have a full set of Iron Will armor.  I can't use most of the IB shaders with the armor because they make the pieces too shiny.  I kept the base skins for everything except for the class item.

The Eferdeet's Mantle ornament has a decent looking Jedi hood.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Telesto spammers were particularly problematic because they were trying to use a glitch that allowed them to immediately recover their super.

You'll probably notice that Telesto cannot be equipped.  It's disabled until it's patched.

I got an Iron Legend medal today.  I didn't realize I was close to the 20 kill streak until I got the medal.  I got nicked a couple times so no Ghost Wolf to go along with my seventh IB gold medal.

I was in precision kill mode so much that I forgot all about my super.  16 more scout kills for the RTK quest.

I also have a full set of Iron Will armor.  I can't use most of the IB shaders with the armor because they make the pieces too shiny.  I kept the base skins for everything except for the class item.

The Eferdeet's Mantle ornament has a decent looking Jedi hood.

I noticed Telesto was popular again. Was not sure why until I saw a video mentioning the glitch and subsequent disabling.

Only reset Valor once so far, but I'm also only hitting about 3-5 games a day after getting my armor. I really need to do more since I've found Oxygen to be pretty useful again this IB run. Its actually netting me more kills than the Jade Rabbit. Its been good for the RTK quest. Also had RTK used on me a couple of times. Its not as bad as Polaris Lance or Jade Rabbit, but it is pretty strong.

As I mentioned before I like Gambit Steel for my IB armor. I just like the general black knight look it gives off. I'm using Eferdeet's Mantel as well for the cloak. Hopefully they make more of the past armor ornaments in future updates.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Only reset Valor once so far, but I'm also only hitting about 3-5 games a day after getting my armor. I really need to do more since I've found Oxygen to be pretty useful again this IB run. Its actually netting me more kills than the Jade Rabbit. Its been good for the RTK quest. Also had RTK used on me a couple of times. Its not as bad as Polaris Lance or Jade Rabbit, but it is pretty strong.

If only that were true for all of the Vanguard PWs in PvP.  I started off trying to use the Loaded Question to get FR kills for the IB armor bounty, but it wasn't one shotting anyone.  Meanwhile, Rebuke spammers were killing me almost at will and Telesto glitchers were popping off supers every two minutes.

Once I started using Jotunn, life got much better.  I was able to shut down lowlight super spam and get OHKs.  As soon as I had two shots, I let 'em go.

I burned through the SMG kills part of the IB armor bounty in two matches.  I kept getting Twilight Gap as the map, so I was kinda forced to run and gun with my team rather than camp and go for scout rifle kills. 

The Recluse was mowin' 'em down.  I finally got a couple of no reload kill streaks to count towards the Necrotic Bite triumph, but I'll probably never finish that damned thing.

I reeled off 16 precision kills in that match where I got my Iron Legend medal, so I have nothing but good things to say about the Jade Rabbit.  It will be the scout rifle that carries me to the RTK.  I am at 62% for Scout Rifle kills and 43% for Medals for my RTK quest. 

I'll start grinding the Glory part after I'm done with SR headshots because I can use any weapon in Comp to get medals and Glory points.  That's when I'll be kitted out with my Broadsword / Recluse / Truth load-out.

I've already run up against players who already have the RTK. I have no idea how you can get that done after two weeks of normal play.  The Kill Lobby business is still alive and well.

I wish I had thought to record my epic murder match yesterday because I got the "Hunters!  The Iron Lords had them.  We called them, "PEOPLE WITH GUNS~!" dialogue at the 10 kill streak mark and at 20 kills I got the dialogue where Saladin marks out so much he loses his voice and asks Shaxx to get him some water.

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

As I mentioned before I like Gambit Steel for my IB armor. I just like the general black knight look it gives off. I'm using Eferdeet's Mantel as well for the cloak. Hopefully they make more of the past armor ornaments in future updates.

Yeah, I am digging the Hunter / Knight Templar look from my Iron Will armor, so I will most likely keep it rather than shred it or use the pieces to infuse my regular running around armor now that I have once again completed the IB triumphs for the season in one tournament.

The Iron Will armor with the Iron Mossback shader / Eferdeet's Mantle cloak also looks pretty badass with the Liar's Handshake equipped if you're using the Liara's Reach ornament.

Oh and speaking of Liar's Handshake:

Top Tree Arcstrider with Combination Blow / Liar's Handshake Cross Counter / Shotguns with One-Two Punch perk / Thunder Coil mod from the Gate Lord's Eye is the new Arcstrider boss melting meta hotness.

Nowhere near the power of the Arc Week madness, but very strong considering all of the nerfs that went down post Shadowkeep launch.

If you're going to go boss melting with this meta, you may as well toss on your Hunter Templar / The Killer Wore White outfit and look stylish while doing so.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I'm up to the final part of the Deathbringer quest.  It is a 920 encounter, but nearly all of my armor sets bring me up to 950.  

I'll most likely try to solo it after reset.  I'm going to keep grinding the IB for SR kills tonight after running Banshee's bounties for the cores.

if you're up to that point after tomorrow, Rippa, we can run the Deathbringer finale together.

And you learn something new every day.  I think that only the Adept and Hero levels of the Ordeal Nightfall have Matchmaking.  I wanted to attempt a Legend run to take a shot at 100K and found myself loading into the strike solo.  Looks like I will be hitting up LFG for Legend level Ordeals and above.

HOW HARD IS IT NOT DO DIE DURING THE VEX INCURSION~!!!!!!  The only way I will get that team flawless run is to hit up LFG for a dedicated and coordinated fireteam.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2019 at 1:51 PM, RIPPA said:

Pluperfect will drop 3 more times with the Season Pass (73, 83 and 93)

Each one unlocks the Scrounger perk in a specific event (Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard strikes)

And then it will start dropping randomly when you play those modes

I unlocked both of the Seasonal rewards for Pluperfect (improves drop rate for Strikes and Crucible) while wrecking dudes in the Iron Banner over the weekend. 

So far, no new roll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2019 at 9:24 PM, Eivion said:

I used the free Rebuke and Jotuun. I'm honestly not sure which worked better. I'm really not a Fusion Rifle guy in general though I do ok with Arbalest.

Arbalest is a Linear Fusion Rifle. 

Speaking of LFR's, that sweet new ornament for the Queenbreaker almost makes me want to craft one out of Collections but when it comes to Exotic LFRs, the Arbalest is a lot less situational and is an all around better choice than the Queenbreaker.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't realize the dialogue that I got from Saladin after my 20 streak was actually an Easter Egg for Overwatch..

Apparently the voice actor for Saladin also handles the character of Reaper.

A perfect crime since I've never played Overwatch and don't have the familiarity to make that leap of logic.

Still, it may be getting to the point where I am senile and may have to turn in my geek pass.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't realize that I was one bounty short in IB until yesterday afternoon.

So I will be spamming IB until I get enough ability kills done and that is a big if.

I technically still haven't started Deathbreaker yet (I need to go to one more Lost Sector, etc..)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't realize that I was one bounty short in IB until yesterday afternoon.

So I will be spamming IB until I get enough ability kills done and that is a big if.

I technically still haven't started Deathbreaker yet (I need to go to one more Lost Sector, etc..)

Once you get your full Iron Will armor set, you'll unlock more bounties that you can purchase from Saladin with Glimmer.

I thought I was all done with bounties after turning in the initial four that I bought from him, but I've gotten two more bounties since completing the armor quest.

I probably won't finish Arsenal of Tricks aka Get Kills with Abilities / Supers before the end of the tournament, but I'm still going to farm IB for Scout Rifle kills tonight after I get Banshee's daily bounties done.

Too bad you're not further along with the Deathbringer quest.   There is one part with three steps where you have to get progress by killing trash mobs, yellow bars, and either strike / raid bosses or your fellow Guardians.

I finished the strike / raid boss / Guardians part in that IB match where I had the 20 streak.  It's easier to get that part done in PvP than it is to run Vanguard Strikes or Ordeal Nightfalls if you are in the IB and are higher than 930 LL or so.

It took me longer to complete the other two parts while wandering Sorrow's Harbor killing redbars and Nightmare Ogres.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I think I'm up to the final part of the Deathbringer quest.  It is a 920 encounter, but nearly all of my armor sets bring me up to 950.  

I'll most likely try to solo it after reset.  I'm going to keep grinding the IB for SR kills tonight after running Banshee's bounties for the cores.

if you're up to that point after tomorrow, Rippa, we can run the Deathbringer finale together.

And you learn something new every day.  I think that only the Adept and Hero levels of the Ordeal Nightfall have Matchmaking.  I wanted to attempt a Legend run to take a shot at 100K and found myself loading into the strike solo.  Looks like I will be hitting up LFG for Legend level Ordeals and above.

HOW HARD IS IT NOT DO DIE DURING THE VEX INCURSION~!!!!!!  The only way I will get that team flawless run is to hit up LFG for a dedicated and coordinated fireteam.

Deatbringer is easy to solo I just did it Saturday night I think. Tried it out finally last night, and its not bad.

That is good to know. I was actually going to try Legend when I hit 950 (at 947 currently).

Its pretty easy to die during a Vex Incursion if you start it alone. otherwise yeah I'm not really sure unless people are doing really stupid things.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Arbalest is a Linear Fusion Rifle. 

Speaking of LFR's, that sweet new ornament for the Queenbreaker almost makes me want to craft one out of Collections but when it comes to Exotic LFRs, the Arbalest is a lot less situational and is an all around better choice than the Queenbreaker.

I'm not sure I have ever used the Queenbreaker more than once just to try it out like I do every exotic. That new ornament is seriously making me reconsider.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Deatbringer is easy to solo I just did it Saturday night I think. Tried it out finally last night, and its not bad.

Its pretty easy to die during a Vex Incursion if you start it alone. otherwise yeah I'm not really sure unless people are doing really stupid things.

Good info on the Deathbringer quest!  it is comforting to know that Rippa might be able to handle that on his own.

So far, every time I have helped him get through older Exotic weapon quest content, I have come dangerously close to alcoholism since his Titan's armor is obviously made of egg shells.

If you exploit the range of your guns and evade rather than engage if you are hurt, it is not that hard to stay alive during the Vex Incursion.   Dudes die when they try to do too much or if, as you say, they do something stupid.

I once saw a guy try to use a finisher on a Fanatic.  You don't have to think too hard to deduce how that turned out.

Edited by J.T.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Good info on the Deathbringer quest!  it is comforting to know that Rippa might be able to handle that on his own.

So far, every time I have helped him get through older Exotic weapon quest content, I have come dangerously close to alcoholism since his Titan's armor is obviously made of egg shells.

Yeah, the quest is pretty simple with you needing break a few boss shields before a 60 second timer hits zero and then proceed to shred said bosses. It takes plac ein the Catacombs and its easy to get to every boss with none of them being particularly strong. You will probably have an even easier time with it than I did.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

If you exploit the range of your guns and evade rather than engage if you are hurt, it is not that hard to stay alive during the Vex Incursion.   Dudes die when they try to do too much or if, as you say, they do something stupid.

I once saw a guy try to use a finisher on a Fanatic.  You don't have to think too hard to deduce how that turned out.

This is it exactly. I soloed at least one Incursion by evading and using a bow/Arbalest combo.

You know, they actually did make it so self-destruct enemies could be kicked away when you use a finisher. Its a nice feature, but you need to have awareness of your surroundings to make that trick work since they tend to attack in groups. You also can't be too close to a wall. I've used it once or twice. It was neat. I still try to avoid it since its just way more sensible to use your regular weapons for distance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You know, they actually did make it so self-destruct enemies could be kicked away when you use a finisher. Its a nice feature, but you need to have awareness of your surroundings to make that trick work since they tend to attack in groups. You also can't be too close to a wall. I've used it once or twice. It was neat. I still try to avoid it since its just way more sensible to use your regular weapons for distance.

Yeah, I'd rather just detonate destructible enemies near each other and chain reaction the explosions rather than be that guy that punched an explosive thing and died comically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Good info on the Deathbringer quest!  it is comforting to know that Rippa might be able to handle that on his own.

I watched Datto's video on it and the only thing that might be a challenge is the last step. But that only seemed to be if you were doing it too close to 920.

I'm already 945 and with the reset tomorrow I should be at 949/950 before evening attempting it.

And even then - it really seems like the only issue is if you dilly dally too long in killing the special wizards.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...