DVDVR Message Board

SDL is AJ Ducking Ellsworth - 12/06/16

Dolfan in NYC

Speaking of Dillinger, I wonder if they could get him in as AJ's next title program.

The NXT show I went to last night was ridiculous, 10 chants the entire show, which is probably more an indication of a need to chant anything rather than something, granted, but with a lack of viable options, I'd be inclined to strike while iron's relatively hot, give him a Patriot-esque title program and see what works, and if not, well, they get midcard babyface depth that they're sorely lacking afterwards.

They've created the out storyline-wise in NXT, and I think it could help tell long term stories as well (Bryan pick Dillinger, then down the track attempts to get Joe to be his proxy to take on the Miz, but Joe turns on him because he called up Dillinger first. From there you can either do the redemption angle hinted at in NXT at the moment, Joe beats Miz and becomes an even bigger problem for Bryan, and Miz proves himself, etc etc)

To me Dillinger is like a Barry Horowitz-level talent with a Barry Horowitz-level gimmick.

Miz is good in his role now because that's the level he should be playing at.  He's not a Flair or Tully-type.  He's a Honky Tonk Man-type.  A walking gimmick with middling in-ring abilities but with the unteachable skill of making people want to see him get punched in the face cause he's got a stupid looking face made for punching.

I like a good running gag more than the next guy.  This Ellsworth shit is not a good running gag.  He had a two-week shelf life at best.

• Like 3