DVDVR Message Board

SDL is AJ Ducking Ellsworth - 12/06/16

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

I know he's basically king of the jobbers, but poor Heath Slater having to pretend that he was dead for 2 minutes while Randy and Bray made googly eyes at each other.

I'm more weirded out by the bizarre visual of Heath Slater getting the hot tag and having Orton and Bray (esp. Orton) sell for him).  Never expected to see that in a WWE ring.

Has there ever been a contract signing or a heel's victory party that didn't go sideways in some fashion?

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Shit just got REAL with Rhyno staring daggers through Slater and shit.

That was probably the best segment of the week so far.  Can't think of a tag team split ever that was so subdued and sad.  Also was it me or did Carmella sound so much better and natural on Talking Smack tonight than she has in probably her whole NXT/WWE run? 

Great episode for The Miz. The legit participation award was money, he had a quality freakout when Daniel Bryan put him in a match, and the Main Event was a really strong TV match.

More storyline development for The Wyatts. Bray mentioned the yard on Talking Smack so it feels like they're heading towards a feud with Undertaker. Harper had a great line that they need to use more often. "Send anyone but don't send anyone you want back." That's some Arn Anderson shit right there.

I feel bad for AJ that he hurt his foot but he could use a few weeks off after the year he's had.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Dave thinks (or, at least, thought) that the plan was to run Taker-Orton at WM.  'Course, Taker-Shane and Taker-Cena have also been rumored, so who knows.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I think the main, and perhaps only, reason they aren't pulling a double turn with Ambrose and Styles right now is Styles will likely drop the belt back to Cena so equilibrium can be reached for the 16th time. God forbid Cena lose clean and just move on (even after doing movies and SNL and stuff). Because Styles has been getting stronger face reactions than Ambrose for a while from what I've seen. Dean could be meaner, cut out the rebound lariat, and cut crazy heel promos. AJ's phenomenal moveset wouldn't be so out of place as a face too.

That Becky/Alexa confrontation was just a bit off right from the get go when Alexa didn't know how to react to the half-assed "you deserve it" chants.

And, yeah, Harper was great in the Talking Smack opener. Randy almost borked a line. Still digging this idea though. Please don't let it end with the Family jobbing to an established vet.

Tonight was solid. The Miz was easily the highlight though with the participation award. The match with Dean was also pretty nice. I wish Miz would start using the Yes Lock and Cattle Mutilation to continue upping the Bryan mocking.

Love the Alexa/Becky segment as usual, Alexa looks awesome as champ. Carmella also good as usual. Enjoyed the main, Miz using the running knee was great and a perfect near fall. Sucks that it looks like Slater & Rhyno will split already, hoped they would remain a team in the division even if not champions.