DVDVR Message Board

[TV] MARCH 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, peterien said:

Good to know, thanks man. I really liked s1, think i burned through it in 2 days but this is just awful.

Well it doesn't matter much anyway since I totally brain-farted on the fact that Sirens was cancelled not too long ago.

"Rachel McAdams Topless" is by far the best episode.  The expressions on the guys's faces in the elevator and in the ambulance after dealing with the dead guy's browser cache still sends me into gales of laughter.

Watched all of Love in about 2 days. I...I think I really liked it? I found myself really hating Gillian Jacobs at times, but I wound up liking her journey a lot. I liked Paul Rust a lot too. If I had to describe it, I would describe it as cute, except for the last 2 or 3 episodes. I'm just not sure how I feel about the ending. What I hope is that Mickey gets her shit together and she and Gus can be a happy couple. Honestly though, I think what will happen is:

• Mickey will be insufferable again. There's just too many red flags between their personalities.
  • Gus will try to gut it out and will feel miserable as a result.
  • Mickey will fuck up, again, they'll break up and Gus will help her through a relapse.
  • Gus will push Mickey away and get fed up until Mickey wins him over.
  • They'll eventually strengthen each other enough for one of them to finally end the relationship.

The rest I see going like (500) Days of Summer. Like I said, I HOPE it doesn't go down that path, but if they want to do a real look at relationships, I just got divorced from a miserable, insufferable person a few years ago. They NEVER change. There's too many problems at their core that they need to work through and that becomes toxic for both people. I really don't want to watch it play out like that.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic