DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/25/16

victor

I might be alone in enjoying Styles and Jericho as a team and maybe that's just cause it would've been my dream team from a decade ago. Shit, give them a win at Mania and a short tag title reign and by that time Jericho will go back to Fozzy and you can move AJ into the IC picture heading into Summerslam.

He should be in the IC title picture now though. Having the best worker on the main roster hidden in a tag team match at Mania when the top three matches are garbage matches doesn't really excite me. They need that AJ/Owens match on this card imo.

• Like 1

I can't disagree that AJ/Owens would be great, but I think it'd get lost in the mix at Mania. They already have three singles matches, maybe four if the Divas title isn't a 3-way. Another one might be too much. But wait until August, give it a 3 month build, and make it a feature match and the results would be much better.

Do victories against Big Show even matter anymore? Owens vs AJ would be the way to go to cement both men as upper tier guys in the eyes of "The WWE Universe"...plus with this lineup they could have the match of the night.

Owen just beating Big Show doesn't matter. But if he hits the Pop-Up Powerbomb, that could matter a lot.

I just hate that mania is so long and yet we still have to see some of the better workers on the roster stuck in multi man matches. It's been going on forever but it always bugged me.

I know right?  In the 3 matches announced only two of the guys are likely to be working the next night out of a possible six.  It's highly likely 1/2 of those guys won't work a match between now and WrestleMania.  The two guys fighting for the future of the company have no stakes in that fight as neither one has been hurt in the build or will be around for the fallout.  Rather than intermingle the special attractions with the actual employees of the company, we are sent the message universally that the people who are on television on a regular aren't important enough for the biggest show of the year. 

I just hate that mania is so long and yet we still have to see some of the better workers on the roster stuck in multi man matches. It's been going on forever but it always bugged me.

Rather than intermingle the special attractions with the actual employees of the company,

I think you mean independent contractors pal.