DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/19/14

victor

"Whoomps there it is" (sic) and Dean saying it's a great song and still in his iPod was great. Then handshakes all around, "Bryan Saxton, you were here too... I gotta go talk to Telemundo"

Harper/Reigns was one hell of a hoss match. That sloppy roll-up showed that those two should do nothing but throw bombs, which otherwise was all they did. Reigns popping back up after the spear was shitty because that mule kick was MEAN, but at least he was checking his teeth while he stood there. After rewatching the spear it's almost like he took it out of Dean's playbook since he bounced back off the middle rope. 

Poor, poor Rowan. If they're gonna do something like that to him I at least hope he jumps Show on Monday and gets his heat back. 

Hotshotting the Rhodes feud is stupid as hell and actually the whole feud is completely unnecessary but at least Dustin is good with emotion and hopefully he can drag this... somewhere.

Nattie doesn't even look like Nattie with her hair dyed. Her face didn't even look the same in that promo, it's like she had plastic surgery or something. 

...and then at the end, Rowan gets double-chokeslammed AND curbstomped. Phew. At least Show's big punch looked good. Kane looked uncomfortably surprised when Rollins hugged him. 

This was really good for catching the parts of Raw I missed because I fell asleep on Monday, too!

That Fameasser by Ziggler was pretty horrid.

The feud of Rowan/Ryback/Ziggler vs Rollins/Show/Kane seems to roll on forevermore with no ending in sight. Ever since November, we've seen combinations of these six fighting, and I really wish they'd blow it off so the guys I'm interested in can do something else. Of course, the best way to blow this off now would be with the main of Survivor Series, but they chose to use that as the start of the feud.

R.I.P Eric Rowan's singles career. They have their next two dominate big men in Harper and Rowan, and they treat them like fucking jobbers. Harper/Reigns should be good, and if it isn't that really doesn't say much about Reigns.

Don't worry. It won't be long until they put Rowan in a tag team with Sheamus, based solely on the fact that both have red hair.

And not long after that the newly christened tag team Big Reds Who Love to Fight will win tag team gold.

Y'all hate on Sheamus now, but fuck you guys. I rather see him hoss it up and walk tall over motherfuckers. Hope he comes back and want some of Barrett. At least those never ending matches are good and when the heel does win, you take notice of it.

Sheamus in ring is fantastic. It's just his character, and the fact that they keep making him talk... and a lot of what he says, makes you think he's just a shit Fit Finlay.

Finlay used to punch and forearm dudes like he hated their very essence of being, though. Sheamus does it, but there's no real sense of hate or violence. Like, I appreciate that he works stiff, but it's so mechanical in the end. I don't believe in his viciousness as a heel, much less as a face. It's hard to explain, but everything about Sheamus comes off phony as if he's just play-acting in there, really. Does that make sense?

If you told me that Finlay was an angry street fighter, I'd believe it. Hell, if you told me Wade Barrett was a shit-talking, sardonic street fighter, I'd believe it. Sheamus just seems like a dude playing a part, even if he does forearm the hell out of his opponent sometimes.