DVDVR Message Board

Since I don't think I could rename the other topic, I thought we would start anew for 2015. The Coachella lineup was officially announced today. The undercard is really solid; however, I do not think this is by any means a mind-blowing lineup. I think this is going to be par the course for major US festivals.

27b67b5a.jpg

Bonnaroo hasn't shared a headliner with Coachella in a few years, but I really hope we get Drake. But, yeah, that line-up is pretty much garbage. Tomorrow we get the Governor's Ball announcement, and supposedly next week on the 13th, the 'Roo lineup will drop. All of the headliners are booked, supposedly, so there's not much stopping them from announcing it.

I'm going to say Bonnaroo's lineup, top to bottom, will blow away most festivals this summer.

(THEY GOT FUCKING LIL' B, DAMNIT. UGHHHHH!)

Bonnaroo hasn't shared a headliner with Coachella in a few years, but I really hope we get Drake. But, yeah, that line-up is pretty much garbage. Tomorrow we get the Governor's Ball announcement, and supposedly next week on the 13th, the 'Roo lineup will drop. All of the headliners are booked, supposedly, so there's not much stopping them from announcing it.

I'm going to say Bonnaroo's lineup, top to bottom, will blow away most festivals this summer.

(THEY GOT FUCKING LIL' B, DAMNIT. UGHHHHH!)

I bet Bonnaroo announces their lineup Valentines week as is the norm for them. Remember, they have to film some crazy, over the top video to release it.

Then again, Bonnaroo leaving the presale open until New Year's was not normal for them,so I don't know what they're doing this year.

Plus, the prices for the tickets went up about $60-$70, so they might open the sales up sooner so they have another month or so to sell more. Everyone on Inforoo is claiming it'll be next week, I can't find why though. Probably because a bunch of festivals that happen around the same time as 'Roo are announcing theirs this month, which is unusual. Hangout & 'Roo might drop on the same day. It's said it might be next week because smaller festivals are getting bigger and get more exposure, and take away from the hubbub of the excitement for Bonnaroo's line-up.

I'm guessing we share at least one headliner with GovBall, I think that's the new Coachella, for us. I wanna say we shared one with them last year (Kanye?). I know to outsiders it seems weird to keep talking about shared headliners, but it's the easiest way to predict who will be there, save Insider suddenly showing up on Inforoo.

it's just so strange that there's been not one leak of the big names for 'Roo this year. We found out about Elton John in December '13. Macca was in like, October '12, due to the Pinkpop organizers. Ugh, the wait is going to suck.

• Like 1

Plus, the prices for the tickets went up about $60-$70, so they might open the sales up sooner so they have another month or so to sell more. Everyone on Inforoo is claiming it'll be next week, I can't find why though. Probably because a bunch of festivals that happen around the same time as 'Roo are announcing theirs this month, which is unusual. Hangout & 'Roo might drop on the same day. It's said it might be next week because smaller festivals are getting bigger and get more exposure, and take away from the hubbub of the excitement for Bonnaroo's line-up.

I'm guessing we share at least one headliner with GovBall, I think that's the new Coachella, for us. I wanna say we shared one with them last year (Kanye?). I know to outsiders it seems weird to keep talking about shared headliners, but it's the easiest way to predict who will be there, save Insider suddenly showing up on Inforoo.

it's just so strange that there's been not one leak of the big names for 'Roo this year. We found out about Elton John in December '13. Macca was in like, October '12, due to the Pinkpop organizers. Ugh, the wait is going to suck.

GovBall shared Jack White last year. Kanye played GovBall in 2012.

If the website design changes this week, we will know the lineup is upon us, but Bonnaroo normally makes the lineup announcement an event, or has the last 2-3 years at least. I'd imagine they will want to do the same again this year.

Also, this has to be the fewest confirmations I've ever seen on Inforoo by this time of the year. I normally have a pretty solid grasp on the undercard by now, and there's what less than 20 names confirmed. Most of which are lower in profile.

Governor's Ball dropped theirs early this morning to no fanfare. I'm going to say I prefer this lineup over Coachella's at initial glance.

EDIT: It looks like Twistof was right. Bonnaroo site is down for possible site redesign, which means we are probably getting BLAM on Tuesday.

govball-2015.png

goddamn I hope Ride is booked for Bonnaroo. We already got Refused most likely, this was just be the icing on the cake.

Chaos, if the line-up drops next week, I don't think there will be a BLAM this year. They usually announce that ahead of time via the email alerts. Hell, they usually announce when they're going to announce the line-up. I think it'll be different this year. I'm excited. I think it's something big.

It's weird that Lorde isn't on the GovBall line-up, unless she was there last year. Her booking agency said she'd be doing shows and festivals IN JUNE, in markets she didn't get to last year. Which automatically makes me think Bonnaroo, either Pre-HL or a LN Which.

goddamn I hope Ride is booked for Bonnaroo. We already got Refused most likely, this was just be the icing on the cake.

Chaos, if the line-up drops next week, I don't think there will be a BLAM this year. They usually announce that ahead of time via the email alerts. Hell, they usually announce when they're going to announce the line-up. I think it'll be different this year. I'm excited. I think it's something big.

It's weird that Lorde isn't on the GovBall line-up, unless she was there last year. Her booking agency said she'd be doing shows and festivals IN JUNE, in markets she didn't get to last year. Which automatically makes me think Bonnaroo, either Pre-HL or a LN Which.

Lorde in the XX spot on Friday night would be perfect for a late night. Although, I wonder if they'd want her to be fairly uncontested for a good turnout.

Bonnaroo is going to need to land a unicorn to convince me to scrape up the cash to go.

I know most people would hate this, but I hope the John Mayer Trio rumors are true.

Well, I don't think JMT would get headliner spot at Roo, but who knows? I think that the repeat headliner thing would confirm Mumford too, which honestly, if you've seen Mumford by now (and most people that would care have), do you really need to see them again?

I enjoyed their live act, but they should not in the "I've seen them 20 times" category.

I guess that means who would be your top Legacy bill for repeats.

Pearl Jam?

Bruce Springsteen?

Phish or Widespread?

Maybe they forked over a ton of money for a The Dead anniversary show (and bought Phil Lesh a house or something), and that's why the ticket prices increased :P

I'm not knocking Lesh because Kanye is my favorite or anything - he's supposedly the one that's causing problems with booking shows for the Dead 50th anniversary (or whatever). Not a fan, but if it'd get the hippies to stop their bitching, book 'em.

I don't know if I believe the past headliners returning rumour.... so I think I'm going to go with The Rolling Stones/Drake/My Morning Jacket.

I think Drake being booked everywhere else is a sign of Roo maybe steering clear of him.

Roo normally tends to not fall in line on newer popular mainstream acts. They want to be in the minority with booking them that year.

With the older rock bands Tom Petty, RHCP, etc., I think they don't mind.

I do hope we get a unicorn, so I would very much hope for Stones, Daft Punk, Prince, etc.

I also would love to get Tool back on the farm.

I've heard mentions of Tool headlining on Inforoo. I would be okay with it, since I was on mushrooms when I saw them on the farm in 2007.

Let me dream about Drake being there, damnit! :P They already fucked up last year by not having OutKast. But, hindsight being 20/20, it was probably a good thing. Considering the reunion sucked balls. Just give me another Big Boi set.

Surprisingly, people haven't really mentioned Daft Punk all that much. I guess years on top of years of wishing for Daft Punk and it never coming true has finally gotten to people.

That's gotta be the #4 - #7 lines. She only quoted posts with at least one correct guess - she left out several with Mumford on there. I think it's Beck/Flo/Deadmau5 on the preHL side.

Headliners still have a chance of being interesting.

She baited everyone into guessing the "rap/hip-hop" and "classic" headliners, so it's only a matter of time really. Looks like Billy Joel might be there?

Billy Joel in the Sunday Phish/Springsteen/Tom Petty/Elton spot would be fine by me.

Billy Joel - Kendrick Lamar - Mumford and Sons - Deadmau5

That is your top billing.

Kendrick goes from random Sunday spot at What Stage two years ago to Roo headliner.

I still do not get the appeal.

Me either. If the undercard isn't really strong, I might be skipping this year. I usually see the headliner shows, but nothing about those headliners has me wanting to wade through the sea of humanity to catch a set by Joel, Mumford or Kendrick.

le sigh

The undercard seems like it has potential based on what is confirmed and I don't mind navigating the main stages. I feel like I've mastered that art. I can get close when I want to get close.

I wish I could figure out navigating the tent stages which tends to be a pain for any shows where the crowd reaches beyond the awning.